Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
lovebug33
DIS Veteran

Still confused about baby swap

Can dh go on the ride without us waiting and get a swap pass? What does that mean if he can? So if I go get fast passes for the cars ride can he go on it, get a pass for me, and then we'd have the fast passes? Does the swap mean back in the front or do I need to stand in line? Tia!
lovebug33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
bcla
DIS Veteran

What it means is that one parent gets in the regular line and mentions the need for a child swap pass before boarding. Once done with the ride, the pass is given to the other parent who can then bypass the line.

Another way to do it would be to get the FASTPASS. We got two of them for ToT. A CM even said that we could probably even get one FP and get a child swap pass in addition.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

This is how the Baby Swap works...

Adult #1 asks for a Baby Swap pass at the front of the line and waits in the stand-by line. Adult #1 rides. Adult #2 passes of child to Adult #1. Adult #2 can ride using the FP line.

This can also work using FP. Let's say that you get FPs for a ride with baby swap. It works the exact same as above but instead of adult #1 waiting in the stand-by line, you use FP.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
bcla
DIS Veteran

I'll just point out that one adult still has to wait in line normally. The system was designed such that there will be an adult who can take care of a child that can't or doesn't want to ride.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

My experience has been that the baby swap pass just gets you access to the Fastpass line, you don't get to go right on. The one exception that I remember is Space Mountain, where they let the person waiting enter through the exit. But for the most part, you still have to wait in the FP line, so there is still a wait, it's just shorter.

That said, it's kind of nice, because you know that the other person will be gone for however long the FP line is. So you can run over and take the kid on another ride instead of waiting. So for example, if you are doing RSR, you know that it will take a while for the other person to make it through the FP line, so you could plan to meet over in Bugs Land so you can ride something with the baby. Then your husband meets you and takes your child again while you go on RSR. This has worked great for us, because kids LOVE to go on the ride multiple times. We have all these rides planned out, like Pooh while waiting for Splash, IASW while waiting for Matterhorn, etc. Works great!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
lovebug33
DIS Veteran

Now if we both wait in line with he baby can one of us go and then when they are done can I go right away? Why am I finding this so difficult!!
lovebug33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug33 View Post
Now if we both wait in line with he baby can one of us go and then when they are done can I go right away? Why am I finding this so difficult!!
It's been a while, but I seem to remember that adult #2 can wait outside or even go on another ride. The key is that adult #1 receives the pass and can then hand it off (and then take care of the kid) for the other adult to go to the FP line.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
BUDDHALUV
Earning My Ears

is there a wife swap, kind of like my baby but.... at the entrance you ask for a baby pass it has been a while, but they hand you child swap paper which basically allows you to get to the front like for Indy and space mountain it is the same as fast pass. You don't have to wait there and use the pass right away, my wife and I did this where we both go get the pass and one would ride and the other would either go on another ride for indy it was the perfect time for the tree house or pirates.
BUDDHALUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Child that isn't tall enough can't wait in line.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
Aspoonfullofsugar
Mouseketeer

Plus when we were there last week the CM asked where the baby and other rider were. I heard them a couple of times. The person asking for the baby swap pass would point out the spouse and baby and only then was the baby swap pass issued. It would be wise to hang around the area until the baby swap is issued.
Aspoonfullofsugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #11
Rubygoose
Everybody's got a laughing place

It's pretty simple, but not at all consistent. We went with DH, DS2 and DD5. I would wait in line with DD (who wants to ride everything). If we had a fast pass, we waited in the fastpass line. I would ask the CM at the entrance for a rider swap pass. Sometimes I got a pass, sometimes they would just let DH ride with DD when we came out of the exit. If you get an actual card, you don't have to use it right away. For splash, we didn't get a pass, but DD was wet and DH was not, so that was enough proof. DS and DH would wait long enough for the CM to see them to get me the pass (sometimes it was when exiting the ride) then they would go do something else, like get a fp for something or go on a ride or sleep in the stroller!

For RSR, I did the single rider line then asked for rider swap so DD and DH could ride. The first CM was reluctant to give me a pass since I did single rider, but he asked a different CM if they were supposed to do that and she said "I do". Not sure if this loop hole works every time, but it worked for us (on a day when we entered the park at noon, so couldn't get fp for RSR.)
Rubygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Ask the cm at each ride

Quote:
Can dh go on the ride without us waiting and get a swap pass? What does that mean if he can? So if I go get fast passes for the cars ride can he go on it, get a pass for me, and then we'd have the fast passes? Does the swap mean back in the front or do I need to stand in line? Tia!
i would advise asking the CM at the fastpass line for each ride you want to go on. I do believe the way things will work may be different for each ride. We were in WDW and on some attractions parent #2 went on the FP line and on some attractions parent #2 went through the exit. Don't know whether it was CM's discrection or it had to do with proximity to exit etc......

Me DW:: DS15 DD:: 10
1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2011 WDW Boardwalk Villas
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
HMANSION LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #13
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDDHALUV View Post
is there a wife swap, kind of like my baby but.... at the entrance you ask for a baby pass it has been a while, but they hand you child swap paper which basically allows you to get to the front like for Indy and space mountain it is the same as fast pass. You don't have to wait there and use the pass right away, my wife and I did this where we both go get the pass and one would ride and the other would either go on another ride for indy it was the perfect time for the tree house or pirates.
I think you might be describing a Single Rider pass, which is available on some rides for people that don't mind riding alone.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #14
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Okay, I'm going to try to help here, but I need you to help clarify some of your post.

Quote:
Can dh go on the ride without us waiting and get a swap pass?
Yes

Quote:
What does that mean if he can?
I don't know what this question means. What does what mean? He goes through the main queue. He asks for a rider swap. He rides. He then waits with your child (baby?), you take the rider swap to the CM at the front of the queue. They will direct you where to go (varies depending upon the attraction).

Quote:
So if I go get fast passes for the cars ride can he go on it, get a pass for me, and then we'd have the fast passes? Does the swap mean back in the front or do I need to stand in line? Tia!
There are three rides in Cars Land. I am going to guess you are talking about Radiator Springs Racers since it is the only one with FP.

If so, yes, you would do as you said and then have FPs. When you take the rider swap pass, you will get sent through the FP line (as least that's what they did with us).

HTH,
Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #15
Rubygoose
Everybody's got a laughing place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
Okay, I'm going to try to help here, but I need you to help clarify some of your post.

Yes

I don't know what this question means. What does what mean? He goes through the main queue. He asks for a rider swap. He rides. He then waits with your child (baby?), you take the rider swap to the CM at the front of the queue. They will direct you where to go (varies depending upon the attraction).

There are three rides in Cars Land. I am going to guess you are talking about Radiator Springs Racers since it is the only one with FP.

If so, yes, you would do as you said and then have FPs. When you take the rider swap pass, you will get sent through the FP line (as least that's what they did with us).

HTH,
Dreams
If it's just the two of you and one baby, you might be better off just doing "single rider" on many rides instead of rider swap, especially for RSR. Just go to the single line, or if there is no single rider line (like on screamin) they send you through the exit and give you a single rider pass. You then wait for a CM to fit you into an empty spot.
Rubygoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: