Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

Order for split stay

Since I'm kind of bummed at my other family members requests to stay at a family suite we might do a split stay. I know you would usually go up in resort category. But we would split between a family suite and a standard room at a deluxe. So which would be Bette to do first? Should we start at a deluxe and then move to the roomier suite or the other way around? I'm confused lol.
wdwmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Without knowing more about your travel party, I will make a few assumptions and give my opinion.

If you are traveling with extended family, and then will be on your own in the deluxe, I would do the family suite first. People will be fresh and excited about the trip, you will want to spend all your time with the family/friends, etc. Then as the trip is winding down, you've seen a lot in the parks and may want a resort day or just to reconnect with your significant other (who I assume you are sharing this deluxe room with). It will be more relaxing and a nice break from all the "togetherness"!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
... I would do the family suite first. People will be fresh and excited about the trip, you will want to spend all your time with the family/friends, etc. Then as the trip is winding down, you've seen a lot in the parks and may want a resort day or just to reconnect with your significant other (who I assume you are sharing this deluxe room with). It will be more relaxing and a nice break from all the "togetherness"!
I agree
Old 02-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

It's my boyfriend and I and 3 kids. The kids are 11, 10, and 2. We are booked into akl at the moment but now my boyfriend is concerned we need more room and wants a family suite. But I know I will miss the deluxe resort. We are going for 8 nights. So it's either 8 nights in a family suite or 4 in a suite and 4 in a deluxe (to make me happy lol).
wdwmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom3 View Post
It's my boyfriend and I and 3 kids. The kids are 11, 10, and 2. We are booked into akl at the moment but now my boyfriend is concerned we need more room and wants a family suite. But I know I will miss the deluxe resort. We are going for 8 nights. So it's either 8 nights in a family suite or 4 in a suite and 4 in a deluxe (to make me happy lol).
If it was me I would do the suites first then the deluxe but that just me. Have fun no matter which you chose
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom3 View Post
If there's no chance to stay at AKL the whole time, I would do 4 nights in a family suite and then move to AKL for the last 4 nights.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

I would do as PPs have suggested. Suite first deluxe second. I often do split stays and that is how I do it. Another element to consider is that the transportation is much better from the deluxes so it would be difficult for me to go to buses from the monorail or walking in the case of the Epcot resorts. I've never stayed at AKL so I can't speak to the quality of transporation. i know its all buses there as well so maybe this wouldn't be a factor.

Regardless I think ending your trip at a deluxe would be a more relaxing ending to your trip.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: