Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
sisterslovindisney
Earning My Ears

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Questions

Hi everyone! I'm new on these boards and love all the info I'm finding. I do have some questions that I'm hoping you all can help with.
We are staying at WBC through their Discovery Timeshare. There will be 18 of us. We have booked one 3 bedroom deluxe and one 2 bedroom deluxe. We will be there from December 14, 2013 through December 21, 2013. We have been to WDW several times and have always stayed at the Polynesian Club Level so I'm somewhat worried about being at a non-disney resort but always super excited about WDW! So here are my main questions. Thanks in advance!!

1. What are the chances of our two rooms being side by side? Are there any adjoining rooms?
2. Are there certain towers that the deluxes are in?
3. What rooms/towers have you been in that you had a good view of fireworks?
4. We will have 9 adults and 9 teenagers (the youngest will be 13), any specific tower or pool that would be better for teens?
5. We are still debating on whether to drive or fly. One family is driving because they live closer. The rest of us live in PA (as far north as you can go). We have driven and flown in the past. If we drive and have more vehicles than rooms will we be able to get parking passes for everyone? If we fly, what is the best way to get 14 people from the airport to the resort?
6. How bad are the shuttles? Can you realistically travel back to the resort for lunch or dinner and then head back out to the parks?
7. Is there a shuttle to Universal?
I know I have more questions but I'll stop for now
sisterslovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
tammyroo
Mouseketeer

I haven't stayed yet...we are going this Spring but I found a lot of answers to questions like yours on the We Loooooove Bonnet Creek threads (there are 3).
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterslovindisney View Post
1. What are the chances of our two rooms being side by side? Are there any adjoining rooms?
4. We will have 9 adults and 9 teenagers (the youngest will be 13), any specific tower or pool that would be better for teens?
5. We are still debating on whether to drive or fly. One family is driving because they live closer. The rest of us live in PA (as far north as you can go). We have driven and flown in the past. If we drive and have more vehicles than rooms will we be able to get parking passes for everyone? If we fly, what is the best way to get 14 people from the airport to the resort?
6. How bad are the shuttles? Can you realistically travel back to the resort for lunch or dinner and then head back out to the parks?
1 = slim, but you may all be able to be in the same building, long shot same floor.

2= yes

3 = dont care about fireworks view, but the fw is opposite pool view in buillding 3-4-5

4= no

5=yes, town car service

6= never used the shuttle

7= what is unniversal?
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
Cynt
DIS Veteran

If you fly rent a 15 passenger van

or

a mini van and a car.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynt View Post
If you fly rent a 15 passenger van

or

a mini van and a car.
Speaking from experience, there is no way you are going to get 14 people and their luggage into a 15 person van. We had 9 ( two families, 4 adults 5 kids) and the bags were packed to the ceiling. There is really VERY little space between the doors in the back and the back of the last row of seats. Our van didn't have fold down back seats

If you do go for a 15 person van I HIGHLY reccommend using the premium car protection from Amex. Unlike most credit card CDW's it WILL cover a 15 person van and its 25 bucks for the entire stay ( upto something ridiculous like 42 days). I think that CDW from the counter was more per day than what we paid through amex.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterslovindisney View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new on these boards and love all the info I'm finding. I do have some questions that I'm hoping you all can help with.
We are staying at WBC through their Discovery Timeshare. There will be 18 of us. We have booked one 3 bedroom deluxe and one 2 bedroom deluxe. We will be there from December 14, 2013 through December 21, 2013. We have been to WDW several times and have always stayed at the Polynesian Club Level so I'm somewhat worried about being at a non-disney resort but always super excited about WDW! So here are my main questions. Thanks in advance!!

I know I have more questions but I'll stop for now
1. Our friends came last year and asked for oom near us and got same room exactly 2 floors above which was ok.
2. I think there are deluxes in all buildings.
3. We had great firework view from main building. We don't like being up high so i think this is only building where you can be low and still see them
4. All the pools are good but I would say buildings 4 and 5 are great. Close to pirate ship pool and lazy river but still close to main building and activity areas.
5 I am pretty sure you can have more than one car per unit. Actually I don't think you need a parking pass, just a ruse to get you to sign up to timeshare tour which we have never done.
6. We used shuttles for first time last year and was very impressed. On time every time and not too busy.
7. There is a shuttle to Universal but you have t pay. I think it was around $15 return.
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
sisterslovindisney
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the response!
sisterslovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote