Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #391
Iloveeliot
DIS Veteran

1. Pick a Pearl- I was disappointed in the whole experience
2. Journey into imagination
3. Fantasmic
Liberty Tree Tavern- the food was just ok and this was the only time we experienced bad service at Disney
Old 02-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #392
tiggerunner
Mouseketeer

Duffy

I am currently living in Japan and the Duffy thing is HUGE here. The girls will carry them all over the park with them facing outward to show off who has the biggest, best dressed Duffy. Even more cool if you have a guy with you and they carry it all over the park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousin' Around View Post
I read a lot more than I post. I like that Disney has many options so that we are all happy, but there are a few things I don't get the hoopla about it. (and I have tried them all) I think it is almost cultish. LOL

Dolewhips
Duffy
The NEW Test Track
Zebra Domes
Schoolbread (very underwhelming)
The Lego Store
Le Cellier (I have had better steaks locally and in travling around the nation, especially in the South)
tiggerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 03:18 AM   #393
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeliot
1. Pick a Pearl- I was disappointed in the whole experience
2. Journey into imagination
3. Fantasmic
Liberty Tree Tavern- the food was just ok and this was the only time we experienced bad service at Disney
A couple of people have mentioned Pick a Pearl. I have not heard of this. Where is this underwhelming and no doubt overpriced experience located so I can add it to my list of things to try and then rate out of ten ( I am building a list for a rainy day based on this thread lol )
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #394
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

Festival of the Lion King. I don't get it. I see people on here all the time say how they like it so much more than Finding Nemo and that is just unfathomable to me. FOTLK was boring and had no plot. Only seen it once and never plan on seeing it again.

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #395
QueenQueso
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
A couple of people have mentioned Pick a Pearl. I have not heard of this. Where is this underwhelming and no doubt overpriced experience located so I can add it to my list of things to try and then rate out of ten ( I am building a list for a rainy day based on this thread lol )
There is a whole thread about it here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520941

I haven't been either, but I've been reading through some of this thread and what I gather is there are three different location. The one at DTD is super over-priced and it sucks, and the one in Japan (EPCOT) is really really nice and they make an 'experience' of the whole thing. When we go, I plan on at least checking the Japan one out.

2003(Offsite, with my high school LifeSmarts team!) ~ September 13-22, 2013 (Ft. Wilderness) ~ Maybe September 2015?
QueenQueso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #396
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

Starring Rolls cupcakes. They were okay, but nothing spectacular IMO.

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #397
Tdubswife
Mouseketeer

I also don't understand the obession with the Dole Whips. Don't get me wrong, it looks yummy and I love fresh pineapple, but I guess I am not a fan of it in soft serve style. I tried it and I really wanted to love it.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #398
zanakikazz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykins1218 View Post
Epcot
I completely agree. Do not see what everyone see's in this park. It's just not or our family I guess.

I wouldn't say a lot of people rave about this "ride" but I have seen people say they enjoyed it and I just DO NOT understand - Stitches Great Escape! It was thee biggest waste of time ever we thought. The seats were horrible also!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #399
DisneyDiva8401
Mouseketeer

BBB. It just seems so impractical to get all dolled up in fru-fru dresses and fancy hairstyles for a day at the park.
Fantasmic.....I was expecting to be completely blown away by it after waiting so long for it and fighting the crowds....it was just kind meh and I havent been back.
Toy Story Mania....It was a fun ride, but I dont see waiting 2 hours for it...it wasnt any more special than any other ride

DisneyDiva8401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #400
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerunner View Post
I am currently living in Japan and the Duffy thing is HUGE here. The girls will carry them all over the park with them facing outward to show off who has the biggest, best dressed Duffy. Even more cool if you have a guy with you and they carry it all over the park.
One can only hope it replaces 'Hello Kitty' (don't get me started on that...)
Old 02-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #401
Dis703
DIS Veteran

I have to agree with the BBB hairdo. They do something similar at the Mainstreet Barber Shop where they took their hair and put it up into a super tight bun and put so much hairspray or whatever into it that it made it look greasy and then they poured glitter or fake jewels all over it. The end result looked awful IMO. I guess if the girls like it that's great.

I had a Dole Whip once and I can hardly remember it so I can't say I get the hype. And I'm a huge sweets and ice cream lover.

I am surprised at the number of people who didn't care for Fantasmic. I would take it over Wishes or Illuminations any day.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #402
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanakikazz View Post
I completely agree. Do not see what everyone see's in this park. It's just not or our family I guess.

I wouldn't say a lot of people rave about this "ride" but I have seen people say they enjoyed it and I just DO NOT understand - Stitches Great Escape! It was thee biggest waste of time ever we thought. The seats were horrible also!
It is a pretty awful attraction. The original version though "Alien Encounter" was incredible. So scary and intense. And apparently too much so as they switched it over to Stitches Great Escape. Despite the many warnings parents continued to bring little kids on the Alien version and I can imagine as intense as it was for an adult it must have been absolutely terrifying for a young child. We saw many an inconsolable kid outside that attraction. Such a bummer cause that was a favorite for me.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #403
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703

It is a pretty awful attraction. The original version though "Alien Encounter" was incredible. So scary and intense. And apparently too much so as they switched it over to Stitches Great Escape. Despite the many warnings parents continued to bring little kids on the Alien version and I can imagine as intense as it was for an adult it must have been absolutely terrifying for a young child. We saw many an inconsolable kid outside that attraction. Such a bummer cause that was a favorite for me.
Alien Encounter was AWESOME!!! We also enjoyed the darker Countdown to Extinction, even though we like the ride as it is now.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #404
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90

Alien Encounter was AWESOME!!! We also enjoyed the darker Countdown to Extinction, even though we like the ride as it is now.
My DH would have loved to see this.. Alien is his fav. Movie!
Stitch is just plan awful.. But I will be stuck riding it one more time b/c DD is Finally tall enough to ride everything an is dying to go on this ride..
I will be dying to get off this ride, as soon as it starts..

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #405
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstylr View Post

Downtown Disney (except Earl of Sandwich)
We went to DTD our lat day specifically for Potato Head parts at Once Upon a Toy (which has proven to be a big hit with my kids) and we ate at Earl of Sandwich because it was right there and we were exhausted and didn't want to go looking for anything else and I'd heard it was good. My sandwich tasted like plastic and 2 of my kids didn't like the grilled cheese. How do you mess up grilled cheese?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: