Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
11Goat11
Canadian Disney Fan

CBR standard room or Art of Animation theme Room

Hello Everyone,

New to the site, lots of great info here, planning a Disney World vacation for the end of April and just wanted to ask the board a few questions.

My family has been to Disney a few times and we would like to stay on a resort this time. My son is 7 and daughter 4, and we have narrowed our search to the above resorts. I am leaning towards the CBR as the art of animation Cars or Lion King suites are considerably more. wondering if it's worth the additional $?

Any insight or opinions would be greatly appreciated, thx!
11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
kkmauch
"Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with facts!"

The standard line you'll hear nearly everyone say is that you are the only one who can decide if the extra cost is worth spending for your family.

That being said, if it were me, I would not spend the extra money. We LOVE CBR and are headed back in August. The theming is great, the rooms are good sized and we like the location.

If you want a newer room with a bit of extra space at a value-feel resort, then AoA is for you. We just prefer the theming, multiple bus stops, waterslide, and central location of CBR. For us, the additional cost would not be worth it at AoA.

Upcoming trips: October 2014 SSR
Recent trips: Aug 2013 CBR - Sep 2013 POR - Nov 2013 Pop - Mar 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - May 2012 SSR-THV - Nov 2011 OKW GV and Disney Dream - Sep 2011 AS-Sports - Dec 2010 SSR - Oct 2009 POFQ
displansforyou.com - facebook.com/displansforyou
kkmauch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

I've never been to either but I would choose AoA. Looks much more fun for the kids. But it's probably quite a price difference and if it's significant enough, I would probably go with whatever is cheaper.
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
11Goat11
Canadian Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmauch View Post
The standard line you'll hear nearly everyone say is that you are the only one who can decide if the extra cost is worth spending for your family.

That being said, if it were me, I would not spend the extra money. We LOVE CBR and are headed back in August. The theming is great, the rooms are good sized and we like the location.

If you want a newer room with a bit of extra space at a value-feel resort, then AoA is for you. We just prefer the theming, multiple bus stops, waterslide, and central location of CBR. For us, the additional cost would not be worth it at AoA.
Thanks for the input, that is basically what what we have been hearing. I like the look and convenience of the CBR, but the theme rooms at the AoA look fun for the kids, decisions decisions.
11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
sturowski
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at both. This past September stayed at A of A, little mermaid room. My 4 year old loves art of animation and my 6 year old likes CBR the pool at CBR is great and extra special for any pirate fans! They both are very nice and you cannot go wrong at either one we are going back in November and leaning more towards CBR
sturowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
troof
Earning My Ears

Haven't stayed at CBR, but just stayed at AoA in LK suite with almost 4 and 6 year olds. I figured this was the perfect age for AoA and we will go to the more demure places when they are a little older. The kids loved, loved, loved the theming and we really appreciated being able to spend some time together after putting the kids down for the night. I hate sleeping in the same room with my kids and I liked being able to get up and showered without waking them up early.
troof is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: