Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
SFreelove
Mouseketeer

Princess storybook dining in epcot question?

What princesses are at this dining experience?

Would you recommend breakfast lunch or dinner?

How many table credits is it? How is the food for little ones?
SFreelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

We've done lunch twice and we like it very much. Belle greets you upon your arrival and you take a picture with her -- pretty sure that part is set in stone. Beyond that, you'll hear different accounts of what princesses you'll meet, although when we've done it, it has been Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel and Snow White.

Food is pretty good. There is a cold bar with salads, cheeses, and other appetizers, and I would think most people would be able to find something they liked there. Entrees and dessert are good as well -- not mind-blowing, but definitely solid. Food for the kiddos it is safe, standard fare, think DD4 had a hot dog on her last visit.

From a big picture standpoint, it's our favorite character meal. The interaction with the princesses is great, and they do a little parade of all of the kids once the princesses have greeted everyone. Can't compare it to CRT as I've not done that yet, but it is quite a bit cheaper and MUCH easier to get an ADR.

Feel free to shoot me any specific questions you have.

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: Disneyland (May 2014) - OKW (Aug 2014) - BLT (Jan 2015)
BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
kkmauch
"Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with facts!"

This is BY FAR one of the BEST character dining experiences in WDW. We try not to recommend it too much because I don't want it to be too popular and crowded j/k.

We have been on numerous occasions and much prefer this experoence to the castle!

We have been for both breakfast and dinner. We did prefer lunch/dinner times because the kids were all awake and had been enjoying their day. In the morning, they were still waking up and not quite ready to be as interactive with the princesses.

We have seen:
Belle (pictures), Aurora, Snow White, Ariel, Mulan, Mary Poppins, and Jasmine at various times. Generally speaking, the princesses we see every time are: Belle, Aurora, Snow White and Ariel.

There are plenty of food options and it's either buffet or family style depending on the meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner).

You cannot go wrong here, definitely suggest this over others!

Upcoming trips: Aug 2013 CBR - Sep 2013 POR - Nov 2013 Pop
Recent trips: Mar 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - May 2012 SSR-THV - Nov 2011 OKW GV and Disney Dream - Sep 2011 AS-Sports - Dec 2010 SSR - Oct 2009 POFQ
displansforyou.com - facebook.com/displansforyou
kkmauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

One table credit for all meals. This includes a photo package.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
skw444
DIS Veteran

We've been 3 times and we've seen the following: Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine, Alice, and Prince Ali.

The meal depends on your personal tastes. We did not care for the traditional Norwegian food and therefore prefer breakfast. We did dinner our first time and have done breakfast the other 2 times.

It is 1 TS.

As for the little ones, we took our dd when she was 2 the first time and there was plenty for her to eat.

9/07 POFQ w/free Dining
9/08 POFQ w/free Dining
9/11 POFQ w/free Dining
9/13 we're breaking the pattern, offsite this time Windsor Hills
4/14 offsite again, this time at Bonnet Creek

skw444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Here's a link to the menu, if you want to have a look for yourself: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.id=126

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
MareSINY
DIS Veteran

I did this last month for my niece for lunch. Food was good (she's a picky eater and ate all of her pizza and some fruit from the cold buffet). The princess interaction was really great, they talked, twirled and posed. LOL

Many years ago I did breakfast there with another niece. Enjoyed this as well, but because my niece is picky I knew she would eat more for lunch.

Last month we met Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Ariel.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
November 2011 - Offsite, November 2010 - Animal Kingdom, April 2010 - Wilderness Lodge, January 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, November 2009 - Treehouse Villas, August 2008 - Contemporary, September 2007 - Contemporary, December 2006 - Contemporary, September 2005 - Contemporary, March 2005 - Offsite, September 2004 - Offsite, May 2000 - Offsite, plus more trips when I was younger but can't for the life of me remember the dates! LOL
MareSINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

The breakfast is family style while lunch and dinner are from a menu. For this reason, we prefer lunch or dinner with dinner being the better value if you are on the DDP.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFreelove View Post
What princesses are at this dining experience?

Would you recommend breakfast lunch or dinner?

How many table credits is it? How is the food for little ones?
My family (no children) went for dinner last October. We saw Belle (yellow dress, photo package princess), Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, and Aurora.

The meal is one credit, regardless of meal time (breakfast, lunch, or dinner).

We found the food to be okay. At dinner, the cold board has some Norwegian items and some pretty standard items. I like the Norwegian items, but wished we had more time to enjoy them. The entrees, which are mainly American, with perhaps a slight twist on the sides or sauces, came out really quickly, and none of us had finished our "appetizers" at that point. The entrees were pretty good, but nothing outstanding. The desserts were not my favorite, but I'm not a rice pudding fan.

Overall, it was fun, but not something we'd rush back to. If you like princesses, then it's a really good option because it's only 1 credit (compared to CRT, which takes 2) and you'll see several.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #10
SFreelove
Mouseketeer

Oh wow thanks everyone for the great feedback! I'm thinking a early dinner, as we will be doing a half day of epcot since DD is still young, then do some of the rides and sight seeing around epcot and end the night with illuminations.

It sounds similar to CRT but the princesses change by one here and there. We've only done CRT but never storybook so this is good news for us to try something new.

Does anyone know if it's 1 table credit or 2 when using the DDP?
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #11
SFreelove
Mouseketeer

Exactly what I was looking to find out. Thank you all! Keeping my fingers crossed for some different princesses that you may not always see but it sounds pretty standard, but sounds like a must DO, thanks!!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #12
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

We have done both the lunch and breakfast at Akershus. We did lunch once and hated the food, so we tried breakfast and loved it. We will probably go every time we bring the kids. With just hubby and I going this time, we won't be going there. I would suggest looking at the menus for each mealtime and figuring out which menu works best for you. Like I said, most of us were underwhelmed at the lunch menu. There were some weird foods I didn't care for. I LOVE breakfast though. It is all you can eat. They bring egg, bacon, sausage, and potato platters to the table, and then the buffet has fresh fruit on it. I love the fresh fruit.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #13
ssleblanc
How many posts until I'm not a Mouseketeer anymore?

We ate there just last week and loved it. The cold buffet selection was really good (I was really excited about the gjetost which I haven't been able to get recently - it's a cheese I used to keep in my fridge most of the time).

I had the cornish hen, which our waiter (who was fabulous) told me was a new menu addition. It was delicious. My daughter had the meatballs (which I tasted - they were very good). My son had the grilled salmon.

In addition to Belle, we met Cinderella, Jasmine and Ariel, and Snow White. They each stayed at our table and provided more interaction than any other character meal we experienced. Maybe because they talk it makes it easier?? Snow White pulled my 12 year old son away from the table for a little dance, and she danced with my 3 year old daughter.

It was our first time at Akershus - I was really impressed and have it on my "must do" for next trip.
1974 - Disneyland, stayed with relatives; Thanksgiving 1984 - Offsite (back when WDW was EMPTY on Thanksgiving); Summer 1992 - Disneyland, stayed will relatives; October 1996 - Offsite; October 1998 - 25th Anniversary Celebration, ASMu, September 2006 - Coronado Springs; February 2013 - Mardi Gras at Port Orleans Riverside
ssleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #14
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Moving to dining

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmauch View Post
This is BY FAR one of the BEST character dining experiences in WDW. We try not to recommend it too much because I don't want it to be too popular and crowded j/k.

We have been on numerous occasions and much prefer this experoence to the castle!

We have been for both breakfast and dinner. We did prefer lunch/dinner times because the kids were all awake and had been enjoying their day. In the morning, they were still waking up and not quite ready to be as interactive with the princesses.

We have seen:
Belle (pictures), Aurora, Snow White, Ariel, Mulan, Mary Poppins, and Jasmine at various times. Generally speaking, the princesses we see every time are: Belle, Aurora, Snow White and Ariel.

There are plenty of food options and it's either buffet or family style depending on the meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner).

You cannot go wrong here, definitely suggest this over others!
Totally agree !!! We have made this a "Must" for the last few years--- "BoG" has now joined that list- Its a great meal! We love the fact that they take the family pic with Belle, and bring it to your table at the start of the meal, and the buffet is great !!! Everytime I make our ADRs, my DD6 says "daddy, did you book the "Princess Place???!!!"
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: