Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Mudgirl930
Earning My Ears

Princess Storybook dinner, and a ? on height restrictions

Taking my sweet 4 year old DD on a last minute surprise trip in March. I had reservations for Garden Grill, but changed them to the Storybook Princess dinner in Norway. Can someone tell me that I wont regret it? We have never eaten there before, and while my daughter is not a picky eater, she is still just a four year old? Will there be some kid food for her? How is the character interaction with the Princesses? We have always done CRT before. Thanks for any answers.
Also, how particular have they been on enforcing the height restrictions, as my DD is just at 39 1/2" tall and I really think that she would enjoy some of the bigger rides. She is pretty fearless.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudgirl930
Taking my sweet 4 year old DD on a last minute surprise trip in March. I had reservations for Garden Grill, but changed them to the Storybook Princess dinner in Norway. Can someone tell me that I wont regret it? We have never eaten there before, and while my daughter is not a picky eater, she is still just a four year old? Will there be some kid food for her? How is the character interaction with the Princesses? We have always done CRT before. Thanks for any answers.
Also, how particular have they been on enforcing the height restrictions, as my DD is just at 39 1/2" tall and I really think that she would enjoy some of the bigger rides. She is pretty fearless.
For her age, I think you made a good move. The food is almost a secondary consideration in this case. We didn't mind Akershus for breakfast ourselves, but I know some have different opinions. It was the princesses that made it for our daughter, and she likes them much more than Chip and Dale at GG. C&D can be found all over the parks for free.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudgirl930 View Post
I have done the Akerhus twice and thoroughly loved it. I have enjoyed it over 1900 Park Fare, as well as Garden Grill. We actually did it once for breakfast and once for dinner and enjoyed the buffet immensely. Also, you get a picture as part of your package with Belle in her ballgown. Also, the character interaction is wonderful and our 5 year old in our party last time talked about it all week!!!!

Height restrictions are a very big deal; your daughter will most likely be measured twice - You have to realize it is not about a child being fearless or not. It is about how they fit into the seat and the harness (if applicable) on the ride. Disney takes safety very seriously and if a child measures lower than the height requirement, you need to prepare her that she may not be able to ride.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudgirl930 View Post
We have always preferred the Storybook Princess to CRT. Although, we have always done breakfast.

As far as the height restriction. They are very strict. As PP mentioned, it is about safety not the child being fearless or not.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Regarding the Storybook Princess meal...we were thinking about it for lunch after a early morning Bibibi Bobibi Boo session at DTD. Y'all mention it's a good breakfast. But what about for lunch? And yes, my DGD is a picky eater.

How late do they serve breakfast? Is it doable to have a very early BBB session at DTD and a late breakfast at Akershus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
claryche
DIS Veteran

Yes, height restriction is very strict. And just because she barely measures up for one ride, doesn't mean she will measure up for all rides. For my son's 3rd birthday we measured him at Soarin' and he was so close. In fact I have a picture of him by the measure and he looks tall enough, but he wasn't. No biggie, we knew we would be coming back and we had told him he probably wasn't tall enough. But then another day they measured him at Star Tours and he barely was tall enough. So you never know when your kid is so close to the mark. The key is too tell your child that they probably won't be tall enough and they will be happy if they are tall enough. And it just gives you more reason to come back.

claryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
Bearybear
A firm believer in the unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Regarding the Storybook Princess meal...we were thinking about it for lunch after a early morning Bibibi Bobibi Boo session at DTD. Y'all mention it's a good breakfast. But what about for lunch? And yes, my DGD is a picky eater.
We've only done lunch and loved it. The princesses are great, and there is plenty of food choices for picky and non-picky eaters alike on the buffet. I think the food there is the best food of any character meal we've done. The kids menu includes food such a pizza, ravioli and hot dogs, so there should be something for picky eaters to choose.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Moving to dining board.

Suggest you ask the height question again on Theme Parks

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #9
Mudgirl930
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the answers. I am really glad that I changed our reservations, and am hoping that Ariel will be there as she is DD's personal favorite.
I am glad to know about the strictness of the height rules. I will do as you all suggested and let her know ahead of time that some rides might not be possible.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
Betty Rohrer
DIS Veteran

Ariel has been there the 3 times we have done. she is in ball gown, no tail.
Betty Rohrer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: