Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
RobynPrincess
Looking around

Is free dining ever offered in Sept?

As title says really, we are booked to go in sept and free dining is the difference between renting dvc points or saying in a normal room.

Thank you!
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
As title says really, we are booked to go in sept and free dining is the difference between renting dvc points or saying in a normal room.

Thank you!
Free dining was originally offered in Sept. Started the year after the 4 hurricanes hit Florida, I think. Offered to get people to book during the "risky" hurricaine season. Then the economy got bad & they extended it to other times of the year.

The rumor is that free dining will only be available at the mod & deluxe resorts this year & will be quick service.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
RobynPrincess
Looking around

Thanks for replying, if its just QS then we won't bother and just rent points. do you have any idea of when it's usually announced?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
Shaden
DIS Veteran

you can check Mousesavers.com they have a complete list of when historical deals have been announced and what dates they applied to.

My sister and some friends were in disney this past sept with free dining, but as PP noted the rumour is "free dining" will now be free QS dining, or maybe even just Stay Play and Dine ... Will have to wait to see what is announced, but the Mousesavers.com guide is good for getting and idea WHEN something will be annoucned.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
RobynPrincess
Looking around

Thank you very much! Off to have a look now
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Free dining has been offered every September since 2005. The August/September free dining dates are usually released the last week of March. Free dining was created to fill the parks and resorts during hurricane season. August/September is still the height of hurricane season, do I highly doubt they will stop offering free dining during this time frame. Also, free dining had already been offered through bounce back promos to all resort levels and included the regular dining plan for modes and deluxes.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #7
TeamBlack
Mouseketeer

We went last Sept on FD. If I remember right we booked on March 1st with Disney Visa and it opened to GP 3 days later.
July 1984
TeamBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:59 AM   #8
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBlack View Post
We went last Sept on FD. If I remember right we booked on March 1st with Disney Visa and it opened to GP 3 days later.
Yes, last year Free Dining for the general public opened on March 5, 2012. The end of February was full of rumors and leaks about it. We actually had called and booked a reservation at the end of February for August and the CM told us that Free Dining would be released the following Monday and it was. So we called back on the 5th and had it applied to our reservation.
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #9
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96 View Post
Yes, last year Free Dining for the general public opened on March 5, 2012. The end of February was full of rumors and leaks about it. We actually had called and booked a reservation at the end of February for August and the CM told us that Free Dining would be released the following Monday and it was. So we called back on the 5th and had it applied to our reservation.
You are lucky you got a CM that told you it would be released. That is not the norm.

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Free dining has been offered every September since 2005. The August/September free dining dates are usually released the last week of March. Free dining was created to fill the parks and resorts during hurricane season. August/September is still the height of hurricane season, do I highly doubt they will stop offering free dining during this time frame. Also, free dining had already been offered through bounce back promos to all resort levels and included the regular dining plan for modes and deluxes.
Yeah, but they had FD out for BB and pin for Jan - Mar and didn't offer it to the public.

No one knows what is going to come out. People banking on the past offers for the early part of this year were disappointed when it wasn't released.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #11
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Yeah, but they had FD out for BB and pin for Jan - Mar and didn't offer it to the public.

No one knows what is going to come out. People banking on the past offers for the early part of this year were disappointed when it wasn't released.
I totally agree about the people banking on the past offers being disappointed. I am hopeing for the best but expecting very little. maybe I will be surprised

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #12
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear13 View Post
I totally agree about the people banking on the past offers being disappointed. I am hopeing for the best but expecting very little. maybe I will be surprised
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you We lucked out with SPD being decent but FD would have saved us another $500.

Here's hoping
Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #13
malacajo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are lucky you got a CM that told you it would be released. That is not the norm.
No kidding!!! That was awesome that he came out and said it, but very unusual!! I booked this past Fri, but we are patiently waiting for FD to be offered for our Sept trip-our CM said he would "be shocked" if FD was not offered for our time in Sept-I was dumbfounded that he even said that much!! Here's to hoping!!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #14
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was surprised as well and the fact that they were very accurate was even more surprising! It was actually my DH who had talked to the CM so I wasn't so sure about the info given to my DH...whether he heard wrong or whether the CM was clueless. LOL I was pleasantly surprised though.
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #15
Leeanne
Loving Life as a Princess with my Prince Charming

Quote:
Originally Posted by malacajo View Post
No kidding!!! That was awesome that he came out and said it, but very unusual!! I booked this past Fri, but we are patiently waiting for FD to be offered for our Sept trip-our CM said he would "be shocked" if FD was not offered for our time in Sept-I was dumbfounded that he even said that much!! Here's to hoping!!
I had a CM say the same thing to me. We are hoping for Sept 5-15 or Sept 11-22 and she assured me multiple times that there would "some type" of discount for our time frame. And we were discussing Pop Century and Art of Animation, not a mod or deluxe. She did say that she didn't foresee anything for AoA but that POP Century should have "something". Here is hoping! We haven't been since our Disneymoon in November 2011 and I need a fix!

1989-one day MK; 2007-CR; 2009-10 days-ASMo-promise ring in front of castle prior Wishes; 2010-11 days-POP-Engagement on Poly Beach during Wishes/EWP; 2011-15 days-CSR-Disneymoon!!; 2013-14 days-POP
Leeanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: