Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #151
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
My pet peeve is when someone doesn't like a thread, but they stay around and keep complaining about it. There are so many threads on the DIS that there must be multiple threads that please every individual poster. It would be easier to move on to a pleasing thread, than to stick around and complain about one they don't like.

I don't understand why some posters raise the same complaint over and over until eventually a moderator has to come in and send posters to a time out. The moderators should be there to keep out the flamers and trolls, not to make sure regular posters act like grown ups.
exactly!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #152
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsm&d View Post
My biggest pet peeve are the morality police on here.

The ones who tell you how you should behave or how you should react or not react to stuff.
The flip side of that are the posters who start their posts with "No Flames!" And then go on to post something like "My family of 9 is staying in one room at the All Star Music. What are the best meals to cook on our grill we plan on having in the room? And how many jelly packets can we take from the food court without looking trashy?"

Don't post something inflammatory, and then get all indignant when people call you on it.
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #153
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Pet peeve double edged sword

I know a lot of people wish that others would use the search function, and I completely agree with that. But, this can lead to another pet peeve that has been listed, which is the revival of crusty, old threads. I know that when I have used the search function, it has brought up some thread oldies (likewise with Google searches). Maybe be sure to check the date of the original thread post? I have been trying to do that but don't always remember to.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #154
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose
My pet peeve is having people refuse to do simple searching before asking a question. We understand you're new and the search function on the actual message board is pathetic. But if you go to Google and type site: disboards.com and the question you want to ask, you will likely find hundreds if not thousands of responses to that question instantly instead of starting a new thread and waiting for the vets to answer. Start there and if you find you have a more detailed inquiry, feel free to post it.
I think the problem a lot of the times there is that things are changing every year and so a lot of time the info you get using google is outdated. Which makes this such a good place to ask questions? You an talk to people who just got back or who are still there

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
cceandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #155
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

I don't like it when people make bad reviews on my favorite resorts. Just makes me sad. I love it why can't you?? Also when people complain about the buses. Just a bus, take a cab. Rent a car. Walk. You'll get there when you get there. I also don't like it when little kids squish the lizards or chase them. Same with the ducks. Not nice. They are just chillin' don't bother them.
Princess Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #156
pl4bby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom

The flip side of that are the posters who start their posts with "No Flames!" And then go on to post something like "My family of 9 is staying in one room at the All Star Music. What are the best meals to cook on our grill we plan on having in the room? And how many jelly packets can we take from the food court without looking trashy?"

Don't post something inflammatory, and then get all indignant when people call you on it.
Lol so true. People ask for it
pl4bby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #157
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

Well said. I often wonder about the people who object to the so called morality police. Do they not have any little voice inside them that says "that's wrong, don't do it"? They advocate things that go against Disney or Disboard rules, or just common decency and good manners and then become indignant if someone calls them on it. Or perhaps they really are that clueless and need to be informed. Either way, I agree with a PP- they're asking for it.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #158
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I don't like it when people look down or judge resort choices. Who cares where or why someone chooses a deluxe over a moderate or a value over a deluxe? Some people do more than sleep & shower at the resort, some people would rather eat deluxe and sleep value, others want to splurge, others are on a budget...it's great there are so many resorts to choose from.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #159
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I think I have a new one. People who criticise other people's pet peeves on a pet peeve thread. I'm all for discussion, but this I just don't get. A particular peeve may not be irksome to you, but it obviously is to someone. :goodvbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
I don't like it when people make bad reviews on my favorite resorts. Just makes me sad. I love it why can't you?? Also when people complain about the buses. Just a bus, take a cab. Rent a car. Walk. You'll get there when you get there. I also don't like it when little kids squish the lizards or chase them. Same with the ducks. Not nice. They are just chillin' don't bother them.
A go with the flow kinda person!!

~Nannette

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #160
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Extreme examples. First off. You aren't the morality police if you are explaining that something is against the rules or not allowed.

My pet peeve is more about stuff like asking for upgrades and or tipping staff.

I have no problem with anyone pointing out that someone is breaking the rules, when there is a rule.
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #161
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well said. I often wonder about the people who object to the so called morality police. Do they not have any little voice inside them that says "that's wrong, don't do it"? They advocate things that go against Disney or Disboard rules, or just common decency and good manners and then become indignant if someone calls them on it. Or perhaps they really are that clueless and need to be informed. Either way, I agree with a PP- they're asking for it.
Didn't you just post that you didn't like it when people criticized other peoples pet peeves?
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #162
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

Quote:

hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #163
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
While I would never question someone's pet peeve, because everyone is entitled to them, I can offer an explanation for this (simply posting a link).

Many of the Dis vets see the same question repeated over and over and over and.... you get my drift. It is a lot easier to simply post a link to the answer than to type out the same explanation over and over again. Although I do know of a few vets who apparently have been wise enough to simply save some of these answers and can just copy and paste into their posts. At least with a link you know the source of the info and can explore further when necessary.
I'm not even a veteran yet, and I've already seen the same questions posted many times.
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #164
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Didn't you just post that you didn't like it when people criticized other peoples pet peeves?
According to this then I've just pee(v)ed myself. At my age these things happen sometimes. Maybe it Depends on whether you are attacking another person's pet peeve, or the idea that it is OK to advocate breaking the rules or doing something blatantly wrong. I would always make an exception when it comes to the latter. I find the term "morality police" derogatory, disrespectful and trollish.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #165
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Extreme examples. First off. You aren't the morality police if you are explaining that something is against the rules or not allowed.

I have no problem with anyone pointing out that someone is breaking the rules, when there is a rule.
But some people do have a problem with it, and the phrase Morality Police often comes out. It is very crazy!

Oh and then they add the ever popular "Well you speed when you drive, don't you? That means you can't judge others!" Yeah most people speed, so that means we throw all laws and rules of conduct out the window!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: