Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #541
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
It's gonna be a party! I'm there April 29 - May 8. Also staying CSR business class. I can't wait!!
woohoo party in the lounge it is!!! May 2-May 6th for us
Old 02-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #542
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Just back from our first stay at CSR. Couple questions:
1. Do all rooms have the motion sensor so that the air conditioning only works when people are moving around in the room? Every time we came back to our room, it was hot and the air only kicked in when we were there. We've never had this issue at other Disney resorts.

Yes, I think this happens at all the rooms
2. Do they only provide new shampoo/conditioner every other day instead of everyday? That was our experience despite tipping everyday.

Yes, but you can always request more. Tipping has nothing to do with receiving more toiletries.
We enjoyed our stay, but we did have a few issues. Our room wasn't ready until well after 4pm even though we did online check-in to say that we'd arrive by 12:30pm. I know there's no guarantee of an early check-in, but I never thought we'd have to wait past the standard check-in time. We requested a room on a higher floor, but got ground floor. The first room we received smelled like cigarette smoke, so we had to request another room. There was a huge event set up on the beach in front of our building with lots of seating set up, buffet tables and music which was loud and made walking difficult along the pathway. Still, the resort is beautiful and we enjoyed the pools, nightly bonfire & movies. We'd like to stay there again in the future.
Check in begins at 3:00, but that doesn't always mean your room will be available at that time. As far as requests go, they are just requests and not guaranteed. I totally agree with you regarding the room smelling like smoke, I would have needed to be moved immediately.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #543
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

How late is the pool bar open in September?

I have been conflicted in narrowing down where to stay. In the running are POR AB preferred, POR Royal and CSR. We are a family of 5 traveling with my parents. Kids will be 5, 7 and 9 (one will stay in my parents room). One thing we enjoy is a nightcap after a day in the parks. CSR cabanas was my 1st choice of where to stay until I read that the pool bar closes at 6pm. Really? Why so early? And, I have since had people say it is opened later. We are going September 12-22, in case that makes a difference.
So...I need help from the CSR frequent travelers! How late IS the pool bar open in Sept?? I am hoping at least 8 or 9pm.
Thanks!

9/2010-Poly 9/2013-CSR 3/2014-POR 5/2014-Boardwalk Villas 7/2014-POR 9/2014-Contemporary 9/2014 Yacht Club
*We're working that annual pass before time runs out!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #544
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's gonna be a party! I'm there April 29 - May 8. Also staying CSR business class. I can't wait!!
We are from Pgh area too- how funny. We'll have to look for each other in the lounge. My DH will be the one wearing Penguin's gear (at least a hat )
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #545
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelyn View Post
I have been conflicted in narrowing down where to stay. In the running are POR AB preferred, POR Royal and CSR. We are a family of 5 traveling with my parents. Kids will be 5, 7 and 9 (one will stay in my parents room). One thing we enjoy is a nightcap after a day in the parks. CSR cabanas was my 1st choice of where to stay until I read that the pool bar closes at 6pm. Really? Why so early? And, I have since had people say it is opened later. We are going September 12-22, in case that makes a difference.
So...I need help from the CSR frequent travelers! How late IS the pool bar open in Sept?? I am hoping at least 8 or 9pm.
Thanks!
According to buzz's website, the Siestas Catina (pool bar) is open until 6pm each day. The Laguna Bar (lakeside bar) is open until 10pm unless it is raining. And Rix Lounge is open until midnight or 1am depending upon the day of the week.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

Old 02-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #546
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abharmagic View Post
We are from Pgh area too- how funny. We'll have to look for each other in the lounge. My DH will be the one wearing Penguin's gear (at least a hat )
and my dh will be the one giving him a dirty look with his Leafs gear on
Old 02-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #547
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby

And if I were there and he is wearing a Steelers Cal I'd be the one in a Browns cap giving him a dirty look. LOL

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 02-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #548
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
And if I were there and he is wearing a Steelers Cal I'd be the one in a Browns cap giving him a dirty look. LOL
hmmm...how do you feel about the Bills?? dh may have that hat on lol

i guess the "stink eye" will be code for "hey! i'm from dis!" or maybe just "your team/taste sucks!"
Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #549
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abharmagic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby View Post
I guess I will have to be the one breaking you two up! Even though I'm from Pittsburgh I don't watch any of the sports so I'm neutral.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #550
goofy4prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby View Post
hmmm...how do you feel about the Bills?? dh may have that hat on lol
i guess the "stink eye" will be code for "hey! i'm from dis!" or maybe just "your team/taste sucks!"
I'm ok with the Bills. It's just the Steelers and Ravens I don't care for.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 02-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #551
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Yay!!! So excited! Just booked my vacation and paid most of it off. June 8th to June 16.
Can't wait 109 days

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #552
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess I will have to be the one breaking you two up! Even though I'm from Pittsburgh I don't watch any of the sports so I'm neutral.
Hey, another Pittsburgher here - didn't realize there were so many of us on this thread . I feel the same way - don't care too much about sports, although I do love to watch baseball in the spring

What part of town is everyone from? We're in the south hills...
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-???
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #553
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
Hey, another Pittsburgher here - didn't realize there were so many of us on this thread . I feel the same way - don't care too much about sports, although I do love to watch baseball in the spring

What part of town is everyone from? We're in the south hills...
I'm also from the South Hills (Whitehall).
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #554
Alltiggeredout
Mouseketeer

This may of been answered before but can you still cash travellers cheques for free at the concierge desk?We will be staying for 5 weeks over the xmas/new year period and wouldn't want to take too much cash to start with.( i don't use credit cards )
2005 Sequoia Lodge DLP feb
2007 CSR dec
2009 CSR dec
2013 CSR dec
me (46) DW (44) DD (22)
Old 02-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #555
goofy4prez

I'm not from Pittsburgh, but my wife is from Vangergrift, and much of her family is still there as well as the Apollo & New Kensington area. And yes my wife and I are a house divided when the Steelers play the Browns. LOL

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: