Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #226
ttcl516
Mouseketeer

Yay!!!!

Single Digit Dance

POR Riverside AB Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2013
Old 02-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #227
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

I'm just starting to plan a trip for this summer. We are a family of 5 and have always stayed at POR in the AB section which has worked out great. I love the look of the new rooms but I'm REALLY concerned about the lack of storage. From the pics, it appears that there is only 3 tiny drawers? Are they larger than they seem on the pics? We stay for 12 nights so we have quite a bit of stuff! It also appears that there is no luggage rack in the AB rooms anymore. Is that the case? Is there a least a fold up one maybe by the sink area?

We really want to stay at POR but I'm very worried about making this work. In the past, we've used ALL of the drawers in the old cabinet plus had the bench/luggage rack loaded with misc stuff. Any tips on how to make this work?

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #228
hb9131
Earning My Ears

First Visit to WDW

I love this thread! Been stalking for quite awhile now... Thanks for all the great info!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #229
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
I'm just starting to plan a trip for this summer. We are a family of 5 and have always stayed at POR in the AB section which has worked out great. I love the look of the new rooms but I'm REALLY concerned about the lack of storage. From the pics, it appears that there is only 3 tiny drawers? Are they larger than they seem on the pics? We stay for 12 nights so we have quite a bit of stuff! It also appears that there is no luggage rack in the AB rooms anymore. Is that the case? Is there a least a fold up one maybe by the sink area?

We really want to stay at POR but I'm very worried about making this work. In the past, we've used ALL of the drawers in the old cabinet plus had the bench/luggage rack loaded with misc stuff. Any tips on how to make this work?

Thanks!
I don't have a clue to be honest, but you just made me realize this might be a problem for us as well, last trip to disney was 8 days, and our CSR room was jacked full, this trip is 13 ... ummmm ... lol. I had not even considered this.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #230
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Sea Racers-boats questions

My 7 year old really wants to rent a sea racer. I see the minimum age is 12 years and height is 5ft....Is that minimum for actually driving it alone?? Can my 7year old go with my husband in a sea racer? Would the 7year old be able to drive with Dad in the boat with him or must he just be a passenger??

He is MOST excited about renting one of these boats SO PLEASE let us know Thanks everyone!!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #231
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
You can buy hanging organizers. I have one that has shoe pockets. It hold all of our sunglasses, sunscreen, park tickets, keys etc. Then I have two that are basically collapsable shelves and I fold clothes and stack them inside. Not ideal but it works. I also have a collapsing laundry basket. Anything dirty goes in there and I will do laundry one afternoon while hanging out at the pool so that I don't have to pack as much.
The collapsing shelves look like this

http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb...mNumber=143062

Not endorsing this particular company..I've never used them.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #232
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcl516 View Post
Single Digit Dance
Start my single digit dance tomorrow!!! Congrats to your family!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #233
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
You can buy hanging organizers. I have one that has shoe pockets. It hold all of our sunglasses, sunscreen, park tickets, keys etc. Then I have two that are basically collapsable shelves and I fold clothes and stack them inside. Not ideal but it works. I also have a collapsing laundry basket. Anything dirty goes in there and I will do laundry one afternoon while hanging out at the pool so that I don't have to pack as much.
The collapsing shelves look like this

http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb...mNumber=143062

Not endorsing this particular company..I've never used them.

WOW! I just knew someone on the disboards would have a solution! Those look great! I wonder if I could fit two of them on the rod by the sinks or only one. We already do laundry while we're there, but I try to limit it to only doing it once per trip. With the drive down and back we are gone a total of 15 days so we still need quite a bit of clothes. I'll have to pick up another shoe holder for the trip too. BTW, I use one on the back of my kitchen/laundry rm door at home to hold pencils, erasers, paper clips, scissors, tape, glue, etc. Works great and cleared out my junk drawer!

Thank you so much! That will be a big help!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #234
beesauce
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
If nobody is able to help you before I get there I can take a look when we check in on Friday

My son got very very sick the last time we were at POR and I know what a huge difference it makes to have someone be so kind to you when you are so terribly worried.
Thank you so much! I'm going to try the PP's suggestion of emailing and see if they will try and find her info first so that I don't have to inconvenience any vacationers. But I will definitely post back here and let you know if I hit a dead end. Like I mentioned, the world won't implode if I never find it, but when a complete stranger spends hours in the middle night helping call people and giving me hugs will blood literally drips out of my son's ear...I want to do all I can to give the props they were due! (And because I'm sure someone will ask, we were very reluctant to go to the ER because my son is immunocompromised so being exposed to the worst of the worst in the ER can land him in the PICU. He gets frequent ear infections with the exact same symptoms, so there was really no point in getting an "official" diagnosis. Which is why our pediatrician was willing to just call in a script for him.)
Old 02-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #235
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
My 7 year old really wants to rent a sea racer. I see the minimum age is 12 years and height is 5ft....Is that minimum for actually driving it alone?? Can my 7year old go with my husband in a sea racer? Would the 7year old be able to drive with Dad in the boat with him or must he just be a passenger??

He is MOST excited about renting one of these boats SO PLEASE let us know Thanks everyone!!!!
I can't answer the driving with Dad part, but he absolutely can ride with him. They are a lot of fun!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #236
ttcl516
Mouseketeer

I hope you and your family have an awesome time as well VenomHatch. A HUGE thank you to you and Andre....this site is awesome!!

POR Riverside AB Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2013

Last edited by ttcl516; 02-19-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: ?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #237
ILoveMMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:

WOW! I just knew someone on the disboards would have a solution! Those look great! I wonder if I could fit two of them on the rod by the sinks or only one. We already do laundry while we're there, but I try to limit it to only doing it once per trip. With the drive down and back we are gone a total of 15 days so we still need quite a bit of clothes. I'll have to pick up another shoe holder for the trip too. BTW, I use one on the back of my kitchen/laundry rm door at home to hold pencils, erasers, paper clips, scissors, tape, glue, etc. Works great and cleared out my junk drawer!

Thank you so much! That will be a big help!
You definitely could fit two, we did in November
Old 02-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #238
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

I want to give a huge shoutout to Venomhatch! Thank you so much for the fax template and tips.
DH sent our fax this morning and I received an email an hour later from Mr Elg confirming ALL of our requests were granted
I am so excited for our arrival Saturday morning.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #239
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynsmom View Post
I want to give a huge shoutout to Venomhatch! Thank you so much for the fax template and tips.
DH sent our fax this morning and I received an email an hour later from Mr Elg confirming ALL of our requests were granted
I am so excited for our arrival Saturday morning.
No problem! Glad to be of help for your magic!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #240
~Tinkerella
Mouseketeer

Single digits!!!! Can't wait for the end of May!!!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....it's about learning to dance in the rain!"
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: