Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #331
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamama

Interior corridors.
Thank you so much!! I know it's a crazy question but dh and I were debating. .
Old 02-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #332
croach
Mouseketeer

This is one of those need your opinion posts - thinking about staying at Contemporary for 2014 marathon weekend. Using a travel agent with a group rate and obviously can't be guaranteed a tower room which is what I would really prefer. Never stayed at the Contemporary - will I be disappointed if I end up in the wing. Know it's opinion but just curious what people think.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #333
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by croach View Post
This is one of those need your opinion posts - thinking about staying at Contemporary for 2014 marathon weekend. Using a travel agent with a group rate and obviously can't be guaranteed a tower room which is what I would really prefer. Never stayed at the Contemporary - will I be disappointed if I end up in the wing. Know it's opinion but just curious what people think.
No question is crazy on my threads - we don't judge!

Hopefully others will reply, too but if you've never stayed at the CR, I think you will love the Garden Wing and not be disappointed. If you are booked in a STD View GW room, you'll face toward the parking lot with the monorail beyond. Seeing the monorail is awesome, but some might not like that the parking lot is in the foreground, but I've never personally stayed in a GW STD. I have stayed in the GW GV - once facing Bay Lake and once facing the canal and the Bay Lake view is amazing. A GV room can also face toward the grassy/pool/marina area.

If you had said that you've stayed in the Tower before, then my answer would be that you might be disappointed because in the Tower you have an unobstructed view of either Bay Lake or MK and you're much higher up than the GW and there is slightly less walking since you're already in the Tower.

There is nothing wrong with the GW and you do pay less for those rooms that are exactly the same rooms as in the Tower. You're still at the CR and only a very short walk to the Tower (and the laundry)
Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #334
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
I've not been in the CR, but have stayed next door at BLT a few times. For me, it's NOT about the MK view or Bay Lake view. It is about walking out the front of the resort and being right next to MK - seeing Cinderella's castle and knowing I am in the most magical place on earth. It is points for us, as opposed to cash, but I prefer to spend less points, not have the views, and still stay there. Good luck in whatever decision you make.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #335
scjo68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have only stayed in the Garden wing- never the tower, so I can't really compare. But we enjoyed the Garden wing very much-so much that I have booked a Standard view GW room at CR for November. We are not really into the view. A view is nice if you have a balcony, but I wouldn't pay extra just for a view.

Speakong of balconies- that is really the only difference in the rooms in the GW and tower. All tower rooms have balconies- GW rooms don't, but on the first floor, you have a patio.
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR

Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #336
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

My husband and I found out some interesting information during our stay at BLT last week. When Bell services came to get our luggage the gentleman picked up a pizza flyer off the floor that someone had slipped under our door. He wanted to confirm we did not order pizza from them. The flyers have phone numbers on them but no address, so if you order a pizza he said you may or may not get a pizza but the crooks now have your credit card information. He said Disney is collecting all the flyers and working on finding out the group that have been distributing them. He said that they usually get young kids to slip them under the doors as the law is more lenient on kids.

Also, we had our bags held at BLT when we arrived as our room was not ready. They have a room there to hold all the luggage so they don't have to go back and forth to the CR to get luggage. :-)
Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #337
croach
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info everyone. Just wasn't sure if I would feel like I was missing something since I wasn't in the middle of the action so to speak. View isn't really important to me in this case so no big deal there. Thanks again!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #338
twodogs
Mouseketeer

If we have groceries from Garden Grocer and a rented stroller and are staying in BLT, wouldn't it be better to check in at the Contemporary since the stroller is there at the Bell desk, not at BLT?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #339
darby01_2007
Hskpg Coordinator

12th floor rehabbed rooms

12th floor is now open
Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #340
Hulles
Martian Mickey

refurb

Anyone know how long this roof refurbishment will be going on?

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disn...urbishment.htm

Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #341
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by darby01_2007 View Post
12th floor is now open
Skippy...DH and I arrive thurs so I will report on the new look. On a side note...DH and I will be in the Princess Half Marathon on Sunday...with about 25,000 of our fellow "why did we decide we had to check this off the bucket list " fellow participants !!! The nerves have set in now...
Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #342
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Skippy...DH and I arrive thurs so I will report on the new look. On a side note...DH and I will be in the Princess Half Marathon on Sunday...with about 25,000 of our fellow "why did we decide we had to check this off the bucket list " fellow participants !!! The nerves have set in now...

Best wishes and have fun!!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 02-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #343
roxiehartseeyore
Mouseketeer

We have a room booked in July for our baby's first birthday, in the Tower with a lake view. What is a quieter floor or area to request? We generally like to be away from pools and on the highest floor possible- I hate hearing people tramping around above me, I always get the family that needs to practice for a jumping jack marathon it seems. I am so excited for this trip, I can't wait!
February 10 - Pop Century
May 11- Wilderness Lodge
October 11- Pop Century *MNSSHP*
July 13- Pop Century *Baby's First Trip to the World!*
March 14- Art of Animation Birthday Trip
Old 02-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #344
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsgirl36 View Post
My husband and I found out some interesting information during our stay at BLT last week. When Bell services came to get our luggage the gentleman picked up a pizza flyer off the floor that someone had slipped under our door. He wanted to confirm we did not order pizza from them. The flyers have phone numbers on them but no address, so if you order a pizza he said you may or may not get a pizza but the crooks now have your credit card information. He said Disney is collecting all the flyers and working on finding out the group that have been distributing them. He said that they usually get young kids to slip them under the doors as the law is more lenient on kids.

Also, we had our bags held at BLT when we arrived as our room was not ready. They have a room there to hold all the luggage so they don't have to go back and forth to the CR to get luggage. :-)
Thank you for letting everyone know about the luggage storage at BLT and the pizza impostors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
If we have groceries from Garden Grocer and a rented stroller and are staying in BLT, wouldn't it be better to check in at the Contemporary since the stroller is there at the Bell desk, not at BLT?
I would think so, unless they actually deliver the stroller to BLT and have a fridge there, too like CR Bell Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by darby01_2007 View Post
12th floor is now open
Thank you! I've updated the first page with your information. Would you happen to have any rehabbed lounge or room photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Anyone know how long this roof refurbishment will be going on?

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disn...urbishment.htm

Thank you for posting the link to the crane photos. The CA Grill is slated to re-open this summer so my guess is the roof work coincides with its closure. But, the roof work might be first and then the CA Grill rehab and not simultaneous, so in that case, the roof work would be done before the summer. I'm sorry I don't have an exact roof completion date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
We're all looking forward to your CL photos! Thank you and happy running

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiehartseeyore View Post
We have a room booked in July for our baby's first birthday, in the Tower with a lake view. What is a quieter floor or area to request? We generally like to be away from pools and on the highest floor possible- I hate hearing people tramping around above me, I always get the family that needs to practice for a jumping jack marathon it seems. I am so excited for this trip, I can't wait!
While I don't think the floor will matter, you will want to request to be "far from Chef Mickey's." This will also place you a bit further from the pool area, though with your sliding glass door closed, you wouldn't really hear much from the pool area.

Every floor at the CR will potentially have noise above you. We always request a top floor, too, but at CR, this isn't possible, but we've never heard any noise above us in the Tower or BLT, for that matter. The 15th floor is the top floor, but only has CA Grill which is undergoing a rehab through the summer. Even if it's closed and even if you were on the Tower Club level, which is the highest floor with rooms, you would still potentially hear noise above you from CA Grill. The only way to not have someone above you at the CR is to book a Garden Wing room and ask for the 3rd floor.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #345
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Top of The World lounge at BLT for owners only or can you visit if you're staying there?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: