Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
tractorsexy
Earning My Ears

What fits the budget

We did two rooms at POP with some teenagers and it worked out great for us. They had their own room while we had the three yr old with us. Two TV's, two bathrooms so we would bet ready for the parks in a timely manner not crowded in front of one mirror. The teenagers stayed up late and we went to sleep when we wanted to and had no conflict what so ever on the trip. Plus we would leave the park and they returned to their room when they wanted to. It worked for us but its your time at the world so enjoy it.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #17
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

We have one stay at the Poly under our belt. My three kids are each two tears older than yours. POR is SO much less expensive than the Poly, that I figured we should try it out, to see how it would work for our family. (Less expensive means more trips!) Better to try it now, when the kids are smaller. Two rooms at POP will work when you have teens, but POR? Not so much.
ChristineOH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #18
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megsie1000
Staying in May for a quick "budget" trip with an AP discount. We got spoiled by the Poly but that is not in the cards again any time soon due to price.

I have never stayed at the POR before. My Mom and I stayed POP when it was just the 2 of us and liked it fine. Like I said - spoiled by Poly. LOL

So with a family of 5 (Me, DH, 9, 7 & 4-year olds) would you go for POP and get 2 rooms or go for POR and get 1 room? I like the idea of trying POR but I am worried about all of us cramming into a small room. POP appeals to me because we would have two bathrooms and more beds, storage space, etc.

POR appeals because of the more lush grounds. DH is also staying behind a few of the days just to relax at the resort while the rest of us go to the park and I figure he would enjoy the POR more (although perhaps not enjoy all of us cramming into one room like sardines (?)

Price difference is about $200. POP is more because 2 rooms.

Thoughts?
An issue with getting two rooms is that they are not guaranteed to be connecting or even in the same building.

I would go with POR. The grounds are nicer, more relaxed feel, boat to DTD (which my daughter loved last year when we stayed at POFQ) and a main pool with slide and hot tub.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #19
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

For my kids, it would be all about the pool. I would choose POR.

Also, I'm not a gambler when it comes to vacations. If I can't be guaranteed connecting rooms, then I'm not going to chance it.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)

Last edited by Aliceacc; 02-16-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #20
jasonflk
Earning My Ears

We have been looking into the different options for our family for our trip. Me dw ds12 ds10 when we travel.

As someone said you won't guarantee two connecting rooms and for that reason alone we went for a family suite at all star music. We had looked at PoR but thought it might not be spacious enough for us, though it worked out as the cheapest option.

I think however given age of your kids your dh. Por is your best bet, your husband can also take the boat to DtD for a change of scene
jasonflk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #21
troof
Earning My Ears

I think having a space separate from the kids is really important on vacation. DH and I like to spend some alone time after concentrating on the kids all day. I would keep checking on the LM rooms at AoA. We just stayed in a LK suite and loved the extra space. When I was considering booking, I noticed that even for the same dates, the LM rooms were sometimes unavailable and then they would show up again. Your youngest kids will love this place. You might also consider having you extended family stay at POP and you stay at AoA since there is a bridge connecting the two. I may be wrong, but I suspect it would be possible to have certain rooms at AoA and POP that are closer than a room in LM and Cars at AoA.
troof is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: