Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #1
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

Aoa what area?

We are thinking of switching to AoA from akl so we can have 2 rooms. For those who have been which area is good. Nemo is not available so it's between cars and lion king. Which area would be better? Looking for something quite but still close to the bus and food court. Also which rooms have nicer decor? Thanks.
wdwmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
partypa
Mouseketeer

Lion King Suites would be 'closest' to both the Lobby/food court and the Bus Stop but not by much compared with the Cars section. Not sure I would base it on that. Which Theme do you all enjoy more ? They are both done really cute. Didn't stay in either but had a peak at both. The AoA has a very different atmosphere than the AKL, if you know what I mean, just thought I would mention that
partypa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

Yeah I know there is no comparing akl with AoA. But my toddler is now getting to the point where he won't sleep in a pack and play. And since there are 5 of us including him we think more room would be best. I'm not thrilled with switching but 2 rooms or a 1 bedroom villa at akl isn't in the budget
Old 02-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
DisneyDude71
Mouseketeer

Now are you looking at 2 standard rooms or 2 suites? If standard rooms you would be looking at the LM section which is the farthest away from the main bldg. As far as the suite locations I am not sure.
DisneyDude71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

We are just looking at one suite. We are currently booked at akl but we decided we need more space.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

We are looking at one suite. We are booked into akl right now. But we have decided we need more space so that's why we are looking at the suites.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #7
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

I just read some reviews on AoA and I have been reading that the beds are hard. Can anyone who has stayed there confirm that. I'm not a fan of super firm beds
Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

We stayed at AOA cars suite in September. I found the entire resort to be extremely well themed and the decor in the cars suite was cute and very clean! The beds were 'normal' hotel beds. No one in our family had any problem sleeping We were in the mater building top floor and my walk to the Landscape of flavors was 3 minutes tops (we were on the end near the stair well) bus walk was maybe 4 minutes. When we walked through we felt the Lion kind suites were quite a bit further away from landscapes than cars but I guess that just depends on the route you are taking to get to the main building. The nemo pool was adorable! Good Luck deciding!
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

What were the buses like? I know I was spoiled staying at wl for our last trip. Soft beds, relaxing resort, never more then 10-20 people waiting for a bus. I have visions of having to wait in a huge line for the bus since AoA is so much bigger.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
troof
Earning My Ears

We stayed at Lion King for Tuesday and Wednesday of last week. I don't think you could go wrong with either Cars or LK, both have very cute theming. I would say there is more outdoor theming at Cars, but I would go with the theme you think the youngest prefers. Because there is no pool, I think LK is probably the quietest. Proximity to main building will depend on which room/building you get in both. We had to transfer to All Stars Music to join a group for the rest of our stay and I longed for our suite back. It is so nice to have the separate space if you need to nap a toddler or put them down earlier. The two bathrooms are also a major plus if you have more than two adults, so I agree with your choice to move from a regular room, even in a deluxe resort. We did not pull out the couch so I'm not sure about that mattress but the murphy bed seemed reasonable and I was not uncomfortable in the bedroom bed and I have a lot of back problems. The mattresses are firm, but not unbearably so - I agree with the other poster that they are typical hotel quality. The bedroom is very quite, but the murphy bed is near the door to the hallway. On the first morning I think my 3 year old was awakened by people in the hallway (she thought she heard Grandma's voice ), but by the second morning they were tired enough to sleep through the noise. They even slept through marching band rehearsal at All Stars Music by the fifth day. We had very good luck with the buses, although it was not a very crowded time when we were at AoA. However, we were at All Stars over the crowded President's Day weekend and while we had to stand on the bus, we never waited more than 15 minutes and full buses were quickly followed by a second one. I was prepared for a nightmare on this count but never had trouble.
troof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input. We were actually considering as music suites as well. It would be $500 cheaper them AoA. Do you think AoA is worth the extra $500?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: