Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
cherbear
DIS Veteran

BBB at DTD becoming adults only??!

I just heard from a friend at WDW that there is a sign outside of the Downtown Disney BBB (Bibbidi Boppiti Boutique) that states it will soon be an adults-only location? I realize there is also a BBB in the Magic Kingdom, but this comes as a huge surprise! This will force parents of young girls who want to visit the BBB to go only to the Magic Kingdom location, which I'm certain is harder to get into, and has more restricted hours during certain times of the year due to the Magic Kingdom being restricted (think MVMCP, MNSSHP, etc)

Can anyone confirm this rumor?

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

This is baseless and senseless. Why would they make BBB adults only? Who wants to see that?

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
This is baseless and senseless. Why would they make BBB adults only? Who wants to see that?
from what she said, apparently they get a lot of traffic there from prom-goers, etc. (But that is just what...one month out of the year?) And no offense to the ladies there but I didn't think they possessed the skills to create a true formal adult look.

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

That is weird to me. I kinda understand maybe because of the prom deal. I dunno, it's just a weird deal to me.
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2013 *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS - 2013 *TOKYO DL* Offsite - 2014
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

Umm, they are not even qualified estehticians and hairdressers. I highly doubt htis. They are able to create a prescribed hairdo and do make up/nails but this is not a certified salon. The makeup and nails are just paint jobs (not a manicure) and not really well done and the updo's are just styles--they cannot wash, cut or do anything. This makes no sense.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
quesang
Earning My Ears

Adults are not even allowed to enter the parks dressed in costume...
quesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

I am gonna say no way, they don't even allow adults as it is now. I can't see them closing off the location to kids, what a mess that would be. Besides, at least the adults I have seen look (IMHO) silly with the styles.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
Meihara
Earning My Ears

That would be very odd.
Meihara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #9
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~I hadn't hear this rumor, but the "adults only" sounds like it will become a full service spa!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #10
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~I hadn't hear this rumor, but the "adults only" sounds like it will become a full service spa!
Even so, Saratoga Springs has more than a full service spa and its right across the lake. I just don't see this even as a possibility. If anything should come from this, it'd be that the DTD location closes.

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #11
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
A full service spa in The World of Disney store; perhaps one of the loudest stores in America not to mention the crowds that you would have to fight it get into the spa...doesn't sound so relaxing or realistic.

I really cannot imagine that the DTD BBB would become some type of adult only venue. As it is now there is pretty much no where that is adult only since they took away the nightclubs.

And the DTD BBB is always very crowded with people out the salon waiting to get in. Little people who have parents who will buy them matching dresses and shoes and tiaras to go with those updos...not adults who are just wanting to get their hair done and out of there.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:11 AM   #12
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear

from what she said, apparently they get a lot of traffic there from prom-goers, etc. (But that is just what...one month out of the year?) And no offense to the ladies there but I didn't think they possessed the skills to create a true formal adult look.
Disney never does anything "reserved" for local traffic.

They use the general public to supplement the business when needed...then push them to the side when they don't.

Typically...people on vacation spend like drunken sailors...
Locals....don't. Or at least shouldn't...and in the case of most of central Florida, can't afford too.

Here endeth the rumor.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #13
LunarDistortion
Earning My Ears

This won't happen, BBB was made for little girls who want to dress as a Princess.

Also, I doubt any teen nowadays would wear a Disney princess dress to Prom.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #14
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

I honestly can not see Disney making DTD BBB adults only. We took our daughters to BBB and it was crammed in there. If they take DTD out for adults only, they would lose a lot of business. They may run adult only times or something like that, but I would be astonished if it went to adults only.
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

The rumor doesn't sound that credible however I don't agree with some of the reasons posted in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsal View Post
Umm, they are not even qualified estehticians and hairdressers. I highly doubt htis. They are able to create a prescribed hairdo and do make up/nails but this is not a certified salon. The makeup and nails are just paint jobs (not a manicure) and not really well done and the updo's are just styles--they cannot wash, cut or do anything. This makes no sense.
I have no idea if the current employees are trained to do more then what's currently being done or if they could be trained. Disney would have no problem hiring qualified people if that's what it takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
Even so, Saratoga Springs has more than a full service spa and its right across the lake. I just don't see this even as a possibility. If anything should come from this, it'd be that the DTD location closes.
I agree...Isn't the spa at the GF and SSR operated by a third party? Not sure if that changes anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Disney never does anything "reserved" for local traffic.

Here endeth the rumor.
I agree the rumor doesn't sound credible. I agree Disney doesn't so anything just for local traffic. I've read one of the reasons DQ is still open a large amount of local business. Supposedly it's a very popular location for local birthday parties. I don't know if it's true but it sounds plausible.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: