Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!
 
RweTHEREyet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: OKW, BCV, SSR, BLT, THV, VGC, VGF
Posts: 6,508

B2B in Vancouver

I haven't been following the sailings enough to know if there would have been an opportunity to do a B2b where the middle of the trip would be in Vancouver, but I am hoping maybe so.

If anyone has done this, sailed and then stayed on the ship in Vancouver, I would like to hear what your experience was like.

We have done a B2B out of Florida, but we didn't have to deal with customs, just last off the ship, down the escalator, and then back up the other escalator into the terminal again. I am thinking it might be a bit different in Vancouver.
__________________
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial
 
Disney Dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere this side of the rainbow
Posts: 16,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet
I haven't been following the sailings enough to know if there would have been an opportunity to do a B2b where the middle of the trip would be in Vancouver, but I am hoping maybe so.

If anyone has done this, sailed and then stayed on the ship in Vancouver, I would like to hear what your experience was like.

We have done a B2B out of Florida, but we didn't have to deal with customs, just last off the ship, down the escalator, and then back up the other escalator into the terminal again. I am thinking it might be a bit different in Vancouver.
Where would your first cruise start and your second cruise end?

- Dreams
__________________
Uh-oh! What did we do?!?! OMG, we did it!


Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,787

If you are talking about taking the west coast cruise from San Diego or LA to Vancouver and then do a cruise to Alaska from Vancouver, I remember people who were booked to do those as B2B last year being notified they could not do so and had to choose which cruise they wanted to take. There are custom rules involved.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013



DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,802

We are doing the Los Angeles to Vancouver Repo and then the first Alaska cruise of the season this year. The problem last year was that the first Alaska cruise started in Vancover, but ended in Seattle. So the back to back cruisers went from one US port to another without stopping at a distant foreign port, which is not allowed.
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
If you are talking about taking the west coast cruise from San Diego or LA to Vancouver and then do a cruise to Alaska from Vancouver, I remember people who were booked to do those as B2B last year being notified they could not do so and had to choose which cruise they wanted to take. There are custom rules involved.
That was only for the 2011 season. The B2B that year started in LA and ended in Seattle. And it's against the PVSA for a cruiseship to transport a passenger from one US city to a different US city without a stop in a distant foreign port. The closest distant foreign port on that itinerary is over 5 days away.

The 2013/2014 cruises will be doable. 2013 B2B LA-Van & Van-Van; 2014 B2B San Diego-Van & Van-Van.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
That was only for the 2011 season. The B2B that year started in LA and ended in Seattle. And it's against the PVSA for a cruiseship to transport a passenger from one US city to a different US city without a stop in a distant foreign port. The closest distant foreign port on that itinerary is over 5 days away.

The 2013/2014 cruises will be doable. 2013 B2B LA-Van & Van-Van; 2014 B2B San Diego-Van & Van-Van.
Actually the cruise you are mentioning was done in 2012 not 2011. The 2011 AK cruises started in Vancouver, the 2012 AK cruises started in Seattle.

Also, the last repo cruises of the '13 and '14 seasons are doable as B2B's.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
Actually the cruise you are mentioning was done in 2012 not 2011. The 2011 AK cruises started in Vancouver, the 2012 AK cruises started in Seattle.

Also, the last repo cruises of the '13 and '14 seasons are doable as B2B's.
You're right It's still too early in the "new" year, I forget what year it is.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
clten
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,805

We did b2b in 2011 on the LA to Van repositioning and RT Vancouver Alaska. We have done b2b w/DCL in many ports -- PC, NY, LA. Vancouver was the absolute worst. It's not DCL's fault but a matter of timing with customs. You have to be off the ship by 9ish to go through Canadian customs. You can't even begin going through (US) customs to get back on for about an hour and a half -- and there is no good place to wait as you are in Canada Place lobby and there aren't many, if any, chairs there.

We are doing the b2b again this year. I think they offered an excursion to the b2b guests last time. Hoping they do the same this year because if they do, we will certainly be taking them up on it. Much better to be out and about seeing something than standing around bored.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!
 
RweTHEREyet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: OKW, BCV, SSR, BLT, THV, VGC, VGF
Posts: 6,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
Where would your first cruise start and your second cruise end?

- Dreams
First cruise is 5-night San Diego to Vancouver and then
9-night Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver
__________________
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!
 
RweTHEREyet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: OKW, BCV, SSR, BLT, THV, VGC, VGF
Posts: 6,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
If you are talking about taking the west coast cruise from San Diego or LA to Vancouver and then do a cruise to Alaska from Vancouver, I remember people who were booked to do those as B2B last year being notified they could not do so and had to choose which cruise they wanted to take. There are custom rules involved.
__________________
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #11
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!
 
RweTHEREyet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: OKW, BCV, SSR, BLT, THV, VGC, VGF
Posts: 6,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by clten View Post
We did b2b in 2011 on the LA to Van repositioning and RT Vancouver Alaska. We have done b2b w/DCL in many ports -- PC, NY, LA. Vancouver was the absolute worst. It's not DCL's fault but a matter of timing with customs. You have to be off the ship by 9ish to go through Canadian customs. You can't even begin going through (US) customs to get back on for about an hour and a half -- and there is no good place to wait as you are in Canada Place lobby and there aren't many, if any, chairs there.

We are doing the b2b again this year. I think they offered an excursion to the b2b guests last time. Hoping they do the same this year because if they do, we will certainly be taking them up on it. Much better to be out and about seeing something than standing around bored.
Well geesh, I might be sorry I asked. The one in Fl was so easy and seamless that it makes this one sound like a real pain the tukus.
__________________
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #12
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!
 
RweTHEREyet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: OKW, BCV, SSR, BLT, THV, VGC, VGF
Posts: 6,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by clten View Post
We did b2b in 2011 on the LA to Van repositioning and RT Vancouver Alaska. We have done b2b w/DCL in many ports -- PC, NY, LA. Vancouver was the absolute worst. It's not DCL's fault but a matter of timing with customs. You have to be off the ship by 9ish to go through Canadian customs. You can't even begin going through (US) customs to get back on for about an hour and a half -- and there is no good place to wait as you are in Canada Place lobby and there aren't many, if any, chairs there.

We are doing the b2b again this year. I think they offered an excursion to the b2b guests last time. Hoping they do the same this year because if they do, we will certainly be taking them up on it. Much better to be out and about seeing something than standing around bored.
Were you staying in the same cabin for both cruises? If so, did you get to leave everything in your cabin?

Were you able to reboard before everyone else in Vancouver or did you get lumped into the rest of the crowd?


Also wondering what all you had to take off the ship with you in Vancouver besides your passport?
__________________
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
tink1963
DIS Veteran
 
tink1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 3,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by clten View Post
We did b2b in 2011 on the LA to Van repositioning and RT Vancouver Alaska. We have done b2b w/DCL in many ports -- PC, NY, LA. Vancouver was the absolute worst. It's not DCL's fault but a matter of timing with customs. You have to be off the ship by 9ish to go through Canadian customs. You can't even begin going through (US) customs to get back on for about an hour and a half -- and there is no good place to wait as you are in Canada Place lobby and there aren't many, if any, chairs there.

We are doing the b2b again this year. I think they offered an excursion to the b2b guests last time. Hoping they do the same this year because if they do, we will certainly be taking them up on it. Much better to be out and about seeing something than standing around bored.
I was planning on doing the hop-on/hop off bus and maybe Granville Island. Do you have to get right back on? An excursion option would be great too.
__________________
tink1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #14
tink1963
DIS Veteran
 
tink1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 3,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Were you staying in the same cabin for both cruises? If so, did you get to leave everything in your cabin?

Were you able to reboard before everyone else in Vancouver or did you get lumped into the rest of the crowd?


Also wondering what all you had to take off the ship with you in Vancouver besides your passport?
I just asked a friend who has done may b2b cruise and having the same cabin, and yes you just leave everything there. She said it was "wonderful"
__________________
tink1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
squirrel
DIS Veteran
 
squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Posts: 10,455

Unless you are planning to see Vancouver before or after your cruise, you might as well check it out during the B2B.

Lots of things to see nearby. Stanley Park, SeaBus over to Lonsdale Quay, etc.
__________________
All Star Movies September 1999
PO + DCL November+December 2000
DLR (BWPPI) September 2007
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.