Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #616
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We were heading to Cabanas after finally getting to the aft of the ship, Ö.even though all did not agree with this move, Ö..and up to Cabanas. We did not see the rest of the family at all and I just chose a couple of tables out on the back deck.
I took a few pictures just like Geoffís!

I took Claire and Alexis to get some food and then sat them down at the table. Soon Gail and Rob had found us. They said they waited at the elevator for a short time, but knew we would find our way and left.

We took turns going to get food and sat down for a feast.

YUM!

I did make more than one trip. At some point Rob showed up with a tropical drink in his hand. He told Gail he bought it for her, but he had done a pretty good job at drinking himself. LOL

I took a few more pictures off the back of the ship.

Someone had finally found the rest of the family inside eating. We were now going to head to our staterooms as it was just about time.
We headed down, but actually had to wait a couple of minutes for them to drop the ropes. Actually the other side got dropped but our side was still up for a minute longer. I almost panicked that they had forgotten us!

We entered our room and soon saw our Castaway Club Member gift!

But wait! There is also something else on my bed as well.

It was from Gail! It contained a frame, a flash drive and a picture album. It was so nice of her! She said it was a thank you for arranging all the details of the trip.

We scoped out the room then.

We had to take a look inside our bag.

Our room connected to Mom and Dads and we opened the doors and checked their room out as well. Pretty much identical to ours only facing the other way.
Mom and Dad also got a gift from Gail. I canít remember what it was though. I know part of it was onboard credit. We found out Mary and Geoff also got a gift, including champagne, from Gail too.
Mom and Aunt Mary had inherited some money after their Uncle had died and they paid a big portion of our cruise with that.

Our bags were already in our room, all except Moms. Last time we cruise, Momís bag was the last to make, so I reassured her it was still on its way. She mentioned that she wondered if it had been delayed because she packed an iron! WHAT!!!!!!! She knew irons were not allowed. I had told her the time before and we used the laundry room to iron when needed. I had also told Geoff and Mary this as well because Geoff likes everything perfect and wanted to bring one. I told him it was a big no-no, and he asked about a steamer and I told him that was frowned upon as well.
Well Mom said her and Geoff decided they were going to each bring one anyways. UGH!

We got Claireís swimsuit out and I took a few pictures from our balcony.

I would love to try a Royal Caribbean cruise out some day too.

I donít think I mentioned this before but I have become a verandah snob. LOL! Once you sail with one, it is so addicting. The view is amazing and just sitting there and relaxing is wonderful.
When I had met with Rinky earlier this day she had told me that they had a verandah this time, while last time they had an inside room. She said I was so right about the verandahs. She doesnít know how she could ever go back to an inside room!

After we had our suits on, we headed down to Gail and Robs room.

Rob, Alexis, Claire and I were on a mission to go on the Aqua Duck.

Their room was connected to Aunt Mary and Geoffs, so we headed in through the connecting door. We didnít want Abby to see what we were doing.

This is the view from their room.

This is the hot tub above them.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #617
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Thanks. I feel older this week too!
No doubt!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #618
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Geoff and Mary and Gail and Rob, Katie and Thad, and Vicki and Pete were a bit down the hall from us and had bigger rooms. I was kind of jealous. It wasnt a lot more room, but still it was nice.

Mary and Geoffs room had a murphy bed in it, but it was never needed or used.

We snuck out of the room and headed up through Cabanas.

We found a lounger and set our stuff down and headed to the Aqua Duck. The line was about 20 minutes, not too bad. The girls were measured and they got a wrist band saying that they could only ride with an adult.
Rob and Alexis went first and then it was our turn! It was super fun once again. The cold water does go up your back, but it still is really a fun thing to do.
I just wish there was a graceful way to get off the thing. I am sure if you videoed me getting off my raft, it would be a winner on Americas Funniest Home Videos. HA!

We then hopped in the pool a bit. It was packed. Pure people soup! The girls were bummed that they couldn't actually swim, but I told them cruise pools just arent made for real swimming.
The girls decided then to go on the slide.

I went up to the top deck and watched.

Rob went off to find something to drink. I had to laugh a little later when I saw him carrying a bucket of beer. I had thought he meant he was getting something from the drink station like I had.
I sat up top and kind of watched the girls from there.

Rob handed me a beer. I took it, but I couldnt get it opened.

I had to get a cast member to open it for me. I then sat with my feet in the water drinking my beer. Well thats a no-no! I was soon tapped by a CM and told I had to take my drink away from the pool. No problem.

While standing off to the side I took a quick shot of the area and Aqua Duck.

I turned around and look who I found!
Vicki, Mom and Geoff starting off the cruise with special drink.

The girls wanted a snack at this point and ice-cream was calling to them. I took them to get a cone and they were happy. Gail is a little strict with the amount of junk that the girls have, so you have to sneak it in when you can. LOL! Actually Gail let them eat quite a bit on this trip, much to Alexis delight!

Before you knew it, it was time to head to our muster stations. I guess I took this on the way. LOL!!

I think we made a stop in the room first and then off to the muster drill. This was the first Disney cruise where I had an outside muster station. It was pretty warm out there and they really cram us together. I kept a look out for my parents, but never saw them. I would've assumed we had the same spot since we had connecting rooms, but they must've been further down or something, because I did not see them at all. I know I asked if they went, and they did, but I dont remember where they said they were.
I got to talking a guy and his wife standing next to us. They were part of the pod cast group onboard. They were fun to talk to and the guy was very passionate about Disney. My kind of person! I think this was their 5th cruise, if I remember right. I love finding people who are geeked up about Disney like I am.
After we went through the drill and directions we were released and it was a mad house. They had us using crew stairs as well as the public ones.
Claire and I made our way up to the top of the ship to find a spot to watch the sail away show. This was exciting. Last time we sailed the Dream, our embarkation day was rainy ...I mean pouring buckets rain, and our sail away party was in the atrium. We now were going to get to see it outdoors on the Dream for the first time!

Last edited by jenseib; 02-19-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #619
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

I have to ask a silly question does the aqua duck go upside down ?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #620
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
I have to ask a silly question does the aqua duck go upside down ?
no it doesn't. It just has a few little bunny hill type pop ups and thats it. Not wild at all.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #621
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

no it doesn't. It just has a few little bunny hill type pop ups and thats it. Not wild at all.
Thank you btw how tall do you have to be to ride thinking of going on the cruise for my 30 bday in 2015
Old 02-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #622
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
No doubt!
LOL! I just can't keep up with anything at all. this was my fun today, updating my TR. I seemed to be doing laundry, running to the store, or work. all the while, Mr Chatty is around, Now those aren't the worse things at all, but I am ready for a breather.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #623
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL! I just can't keep up with anything at all. this was my fun today, updating my TR. I seemed to be doing laundry, running to the store, or work. all the while, Mr Chatty is around, Now those aren't the worse things at all, but I am ready for a breather.
I understand completely. Sometimes my brain just craves a little time to "be". Try convincing Mr. Chatty that more naps will help get him out to his beloved cows sooner!

Or maybe you could just move his bed out to the barn?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #624
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Thank you btw how tall do you have to be to ride thinking of going on the cruise for my 30 bday in 2015
I can't remember for sure anymore with out looking it up. It is on the DCL website though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I understand completely. Sometimes my brain just craves a little time to "be". Try convincing Mr. Chatty that more naps will help get him out to his beloved cows sooner!

Or maybe you could just move his bed out to the barn?
Mr Chatty decided to take a shower about 5 minutes after i started laundry today. Since we are off a well and pressure isn't the greatest, you don't get much pressure if you go in while the washer is running. And my new washer that I got last summer still pretty much sucks with it's high tech crud. If I turn it off, it will only pause for so long then empty out and you have to start over, so I told him he had to wait or take a low pressure shower.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #625
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am cruising for the first time in October and I am very excited for the verandah room. I am sure I will be spending a lot of time there.

The girls look they are already have a blast and lunch looks yummy. It is really fun to see pictures of the other ships.

What - you don't want to take a Carnival cruise?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #626
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am cruising for the first time in October and I am very excited for the verandah room. I am sure I will be spending a lot of time there.

The girls look they are already have a blast and lunch looks yummy. It is really fun to see pictures of the other ships.

What - you don't want to take a Carnival cruise?
I am not totally opposed to Carnival. I know a lot of people love them. But it may be awhile for me. LOL. Really mostly because their are so many other lines I want to try first anyways and I need to make some money to do it all.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #627
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Wow! Look at the goodies that were waiting on you when you got to your room. How sweet of Gail to have a gift waiting for you and the Castaway Cay Club bag looks really nice.

The more I read cruise trip reports, the more I realize that we went about the first part of the day all wrong. I should have packed a bag and hit the Aqua Duck as soon as we got onboard. Live and learn, I guess.

Mary Ellen, you asked about Carnival. We could see the Carnival ship across from us when we were at Port Canaveral and got an even closer look when we were in Nassau. There's a BIG difference in the appearance of the two cruiselines. The Carnival ship looked like it could use a good cleaning and coat of paint.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #628
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wow! Look at the goodies that were waiting on you when you got to your room. How sweet of Gail to have a gift waiting for you and the Castaway Cay Club bag looks really nice.

The more I read cruise trip reports, the more I realize that we went about the first part of the day all wrong. I should have packed a bag and hit the Aqua Duck as soon as we got onboard. Live and learn, I guess.

Mary Ellen, you asked about Carnival. We could see the Carnival ship across from us when we were at Port Canaveral and got an even closer look when we were in Nassau. There's a BIG difference in the appearance of the two cruiselines. The Carnival ship looked like it could use a good cleaning and coat of paint.
I loved getting goodies. It was such a nice surprise!

I have done my first few hours differently each time now and I have enjoyed all of them really. This was more relaxed since I kind of knew the ship already. And with family that worked best this time too.

You are right, Carnival looks like it needs some paint. I am not saying it's a bad line, but I do prefer Disney's look.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #629
SunLuvr321
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I donít think I mentioned this before but I have become a verandah snob. LOL! Once you sail with one, it is so addicting. The view is amazing and just sitting there and relaxing is wonderful.
When I had met with Rinky earlier this day she had told me that they had a verandah this time, while last time they had an inside room. She said I was so right about the verandahs. She doesnít know how she could ever go back to an inside room!
I have to admit to this too. On our first cruise we had an oceanview room and I was sure that nothing could be better. On our last cruise our TA upgraded us to a veranda room room when the FL resident rates came out. We spent so much time either on the veranda or just watching the waves from the room that I don't think I could go back to an oceanview again.

2/2013-Disney Dream ~ 9/2009-Carnival Sensation
SunLuvr321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #630
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I had heard that pools on cruise ships are tiny, especially for the amount of people on the ship itself.

It's nice that you got to go on the Aqua Duck as I'm sure later on the line must have been so long.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: