Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
lilo12
Earning My Ears

Beach Club Reviews

Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards and my family just became DVC members. This summer we're planning a trip to WDW with a family friend and her daughter. They're not as into disney as we are, they've only been there once or twice where as we try to go at least once a year. We're thinking about staying at the BC because it seems a little more like the kind of resort they vacation on their own but have never stayed there. Thoughts, comments, and reviews would be extremely appreciated! Thank you!!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
mmmears
DIS Veteran

It's a very nice resort, especially in the summer, since the pool is really fun!

It's walking distance to both EP and DHS (although there are boats that will take you to them as well)... and it's super close to EP. If you plan to spend all of your time at the MK, though, it's not the best location (the buses take a while to get there).

The theming is fun, beachy, and not over-the-top Disney. The rooms are pretty (check out the BC/YC thread for photos). The pool is the largest and most interesting at WDW (IMO). And there are tons of great dining options there since it's close to the BW and less than 5-mins from WS at EP.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
kapoof
DIS Veteran

A very nice relaxing resort. One of our favorites. . The pool is so much fun and cape mays is very good, plus all the other good places to eat on the boardwalk and Epcot. I loved the easy walk back from the fireworks show, while the hoards of crowds make the mad dash to the buses. We mostly walked to dhs as well, there is a boat...but walking is faster. Enjoy!

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilo12 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards and my family just became DVC members. This summer we're planning a trip to WDW with a family friend and her daughter. They're not as into disney as we are, they've only been there once or twice where as we try to go at least once a year. We're thinking about staying at the BC because it seems a little more like the kind of resort they vacation on their own but have never stayed there. Thoughts, comments, and reviews would be extremely appreciated! Thank you!!
Hi and Welcome to The Disboards. Congratulations also. Are you planning on staying at the Beach Club Villas (DVC) or the hotel portion?

There is a DVC forum further down with mostly dvc members - not that you might not get help here

Also - Beach Club Villas might be all booked up - have you checked the Member's website?

Is is one of my home resorts - and we love it here especially for F & W. We love all the DVC resorts we have stayed in.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Always good to see another New Jerseyan on the boards!

Congrats on the DVC purchase. BCV is our home resort, which should tell you how much we love the place. We are new members as well, having had our first DVC stay last summer across the lake at BWV. Thi summer, we're splitting our stay between Wilderness Lodge Villas and Beach Club Villas, so we're super excited!

There's so much to see and do at BCV, you can't ask for a better location. Be aware though, BCV is extremely popular, so getting a reservation there can prove to be difficult, as attested by our split stay (since we couldn't get a full week there we decided to go with the bird in hand and booked for three days and crossing our fingers that our waitlist goes through!). Have fun planning!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
roydavid7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Great choice . We love BC. You are walking distance to Epcot, and DHS, or boat to DHS. Lots of dining options in Epcot and along The Boardwalk.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
osugal
Mouseketeer

We stayed at BCR a year ago and absolutely LOVED it. It was an amazing vacation and an amazing resort. The pool area is great and the location to Epcot was one of our favorite things. We could be in Epcot in about 5 minutes.
osugal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: