Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #16
lorimay
DIS Veteran
 
lorimay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,282

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellone View Post
No toys? Maybe it's me, but that just doesn't make any sense.

And anyways, Disney Store online just added a new toy today - a Sofia singing doll.
Omgosh..... Do you think they will have this in the parks?
We will be there for my granddaughters birthday, I would love for her to get it while we are there.
__________________
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #17
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!
 
JennaDeeDooDah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,910

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellone View Post
No toys? Maybe it's me, but that just doesn't make any sense.

And anyways, Disney Store online just added a new toy today - a Sofia singing doll.
I'm just repeating what the store clerk told me. I know that I would hate to be expecting a doll or something and find out that they were only going to be carrying clothes in the near future.
__________________

[/url]
JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #18
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?
 
Disneychix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,685

I have 2 DSs and while they both enjoy Doc McStuffins neither is interested in Sofia. I know my 6yr old is getting to the top age range of Disney Jr but he insists Sofia is for girls only. And my 2yr old just ignores Sofia altogether.
Jake is still good but recently I find myself turning the channel...

We miss Oso, Manny and Imagination Movers! (and I know these are on the Disney Jr channel but we don't get that channel!) Thank goodness for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and DVRs!
__________________
Me DH DS DS

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"



May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #19
lorimay
DIS Veteran
 
lorimay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,282

Just left my Disney store and wanted to let you all know they had a bunch of the dresses and plush dolls, pj's and t shirts .
I am I'm south Florida.the lady said they came in yesterday. So if you are looking for something call your store you may get lucky.
My granddaughter literally fell out of the stroller when she saw the dress.
She is now wearing it beaming ear to ear.
__________________
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #20
dadddio
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Big warning for you. I was at our local Disney Store on Saturday and I was looking at all of the cute Sophia stuff. The worker then told me that they weren't going to be carrying as much Sophia stuff because they have found that they can't keep up with the demand. They are going to cut down to less stuff and try to stock more of that, rather than have a huge assortment. I asked it if was going to be this way at all stores or just theirs and she said she believed it was going to be company-wide. So, get your Sophia stuff while you can!
That's a funny way to deal with the issue of too much demand. Others would simply ratchet up the supply side.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #21
EMHDad
DIS Veteran
 
EMHDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
DD2 and I are currently watching this show. I have to admit, I am very happy that I have a two-year-old daughter to watch this with as I would feel really silly watching it on my own... but would still want to. I think Disney knocked this one out of the park. Anyone else seen the show with their children? What are your thoughts?
Your thoughts are exactly how I feel about Phineas & Ferb especially and Gravity Falls. I love watching them, but really only watch them with my boys.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fgur...ature=youtu.be
Our 2012 Disney Family Vacation Montage.

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #22
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!
 
JennaDeeDooDah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
I have 2 DSs and while they both enjoy Doc McStuffins neither is interested in Sofia. I know my 6yr old is getting to the top age range of Disney Jr but he insists Sofia is for girls only. And my 2yr old just ignores Sofia altogether.
Jake is still good but recently I find myself turning the channel...

We miss Oso, Manny and Imagination Movers! (and I know these are on the Disney Jr channel but we don't get that channel!) Thank goodness for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and DVRs!
I'm not big on Jake, either. Luckily, my daughter can really take or leave that one. She likes Little Einsteins, as well but I think Disney is phasing that one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
That's a funny way to deal with the issue of too much demand. Others would simply ratchet up the supply side.
Well, again, I just know what the worker told me and she could have been misinformed or misunderstood. According to her, though, but cutting the assortment, they can make many more of a few items for the same or less cost and try to keep more people happy that way by having more Sophia stuff... even if it is a smaller assortment.


I would love to get my daughter a Sophia dress. Love hearing that they now have those for sale!
__________________

[/url]
JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #23
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!
 
JennaDeeDooDah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,910

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMHDad View Post
Your thoughts are exactly how I feel about Phineas & Ferb especially and Gravity Falls. I love watching them, but really only watch them with my boys.
I haven't watched either of those. I know my husband is a fan of Phineas and Ferb so I have no doubt I will be checking it out soon.
__________________

[/url]
JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #24
karly05
DIS Veteran
 
karly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I am here with the Bird
Posts: 1,450

I wish I could try to explain my feelings about Sofia... (the show overall, not the character, who is sweet and positive). I may be way off base here, and this is definitely my own baggage talking, but it seems to me that a big undercurrent of the series is the grade school social politics of girls, and they seem to be telling us that if we are just nice and friendly and positive, the Mean Girls (eg Amber and her friends) will be our friends. No, kids, sometimes the Mean Girls are just Mean. (Sorry, I still don't like Amber, or the way they want to have her both ways, she's snooty and unpleasant most of the time then it's "Oh, Sofia, you're the best.") I guess Grade School Girl Politics is still a touchy subject for me, even decades later.

The one episode of Sofia that I really loved was the one where she became "Mister Cee-dric's" apprentice. That was really cute and sweet and Cedric's song was terrific.

Love Doc McStuffins, Chilly is my buddy ('cause he is squeamish about discussions of "yicky stuff" like getting stitches) and I am a total "Lambie and Stuffy Shipper" (in a completely wholesome innocent Disney Jr way - they just have a cute rappor). Still a big Handy Manny fan - it's the Telenovela of Disney Jr, and I loved them finally dealing with the Manny & Kelly thing in the new Valentine's episode. And Imagination Movers rock!

(I'm also a big P&F fan, but that's not Disney Jr.)
__________________
1999 - Beach Club - Me & Sis
2004 - Polynesian - Me, Sis & Dad
2012 - Beach Club - My Awesome Solo Trip Adventure!
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #25
dadddio
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05
I wish I could try to explain my feelings about Sofia... (the show overall, not the character, who is sweet and positive). I may be way off base here, and this is definitely my own baggage talking, but it seems to me that a big undercurrent of the series is the grade school social politics of girls, and they seem to be telling us that if we are just nice and friendly and positive, the Mean Girls (eg Amber and her friends) will be our friends. No, kids, sometimes the Mean Girls are just Mean. (Sorry, I still don't like Amber, or the way they want to have her both ways, she's snooty and unpleasant most of the time then it's "Oh, Sofia, you're the best.") I guess Grade School Girl Politics is still a touchy subject for me, even decades later.
i think that the show almost has the opposite message. It seems that when she just tries to go along with Amber that it leads her to trouble, while when she goes her own way, she succeeds. For instance:

Amber said that riding in the derby was for boys. Sofia did it anyway and won the race.

Sofia tried to tone her friends down so they would fit in at Amber's sleepover and it was a disaster. They went their own way and it was such a success that Amber and her friends joined them.

Amber warned her not to go near the trolls. She did anyway and the result was favorable.

James broke the window. Amber and Sofia deceived their parents about it and they all got in trouble.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #26
karly05
DIS Veteran
 
karly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I am here with the Bird
Posts: 1,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
i think that the show almost has the opposite message. It seems that when she just tries to go along with Amber that it leads her to trouble, while when she goes her own way, she succeeds. For instance:

Amber said that riding in the derby was for boys. Sofia did it anyway and won the race.

Sofia tried to tone her friends down so they would fit in at Amber's sleepover and it was a disaster. They went their own way and it was such a success that Amber and her friends joined them.

Amber warned her not to go near the trolls. She did anyway and the result was favorable.

James broke the window. Amber and Sofia deceived their parents about it and they all got in trouble.

Thanks for the response. I agree with you that this is the message, and Sofia is learning to be herself, be kind, follow her conscience, do the right thing, and that's the positive message to take away. My hangup is the idea that following these good choices is going to make the Mean Girls realize the error of their ways and like you. As I said, though, that's just my Issues talking.
__________________
1999 - Beach Club - Me & Sis
2004 - Polynesian - Me, Sis & Dad
2012 - Beach Club - My Awesome Solo Trip Adventure!
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.