Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 03:26 AM   #3226
the_princess
DIS Veteran

I'm new on twitter (I know, I know - We don't use it in Denmark) and I'm planning on tweeting from the race days ( and the rest of my vacation) and would like to follow others doing that as well. I'm stepher83 :-)

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY VISITS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL OffsiteDec'14-DLP SL
Old 02-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #3227
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

@longhorns2 on twitter

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #3228
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Thank for the weather wishes ladies, I just checked weather.com and it looks like the snow may be much less now!! Lets hope it stays that way!!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #3229
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Thank for the weather wishes ladies, I just checked weather.com and it looks like the snow may be much less now!! Lets hope it stays that way!!
Another princess stalking the weather reports... If we can. we are out of this frozen tundra early!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #3230
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

All the snow needs to just hold off til Saturday afternoon for everyone.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #3231
Cripey
DIS Veteran

all of the sudden I got that runDisney email everyone was talking about...the one reminding that they moved the expo to CSR. I haven't gotten any of their other emails since I did EEC last year. I took the opportunity to make sure it was added to all my safe lists...eventhough I've always checked the spam/junk folders for their emails...that and the email they send my stuff to is a flippin' Disney domain, so if they are blocking their own entities, well... Maybe it was an indication they've fixed whatever the problem was...though I don't plan to do another Disney race until Tink next year, so I'll have to wait a while to find out.

3 days of work and I'm so outta here! Trying not to "sweat" the forecast...still haven't started packing I think because I'm hoping a "surprise" cool front will surface. My back is feeling a little better today from my spill sunday morning. I spent most of the weekend on and off of a heating pad and trying to do some really light, easy stretches so it wouldn't stiffen up. Looking forward to getting electro-stimulated and cracked tomorrow, followed by a relaxing massage Thursday night!

I'm sure we've talked about it before...but who all is staying at CSR? Once I get in Friday, I plan to get my stuff and browse the expo for a bit, then taking some friends of mine travelling with us to get them into the parks for the day, but I'm coming right back to relax at the resort...I'll post then to see if anyone's around and wants to relax and chat...I might try to find a nice spot by the pool or something...saturday will probably be a repeat and BF will be around by then, so if anyone's trying to stay off their feet and out of the parks and get's bored, post here and we can meet up for a bit!

Last edited by Cripey; 02-19-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #3232
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
I, for one, am the insane person SO happy about this weather. I prefer to run between 75-80 if I'm being honest (I have raynaud's phenomenon and my hands and feet bother me if too cold.)
I'm with you Jubilee! I'm in NC and I much preferred running in the 80-100 degree temps we had last summer to the 30's we've had lately. My last couple of 5K/10K's were below freezing at the start -- I greatly disliked not being able to feel my legs/feet because they were so cold! It's such an odd feeling to be sweating and freezing at the same time...
Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #3233
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
I'm new on twitter (I know, I know - We don't use it in Denmark) and I'm planning on tweeting from the race days ( and the rest of my vacation) and would like to follow others doing that as well. I'm stepher83 :-)
ccylevin on twitter
Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #3234
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
all of the sudden I got that runDisney email everyone was talking about...the one reminding that they moved the expo to CSR. I haven't gotten any of their other emails since I did EEC last year. I took the opportunity to make sure it was added to all my safe lists...eventhough I've always checked the spam/junk folders for their emails...that and the email they send my stuff to is a flippin' Disney domain, so if they are blocking their own entities, well... Maybe it was an indication they've fixed whatever the problem was...though I don't plan to do another Disney race until Tink next year, so I'll have to wait a while to find out.

3 days of work and I'm so outta here! Trying not to "sweat" the forecast...still haven't started packing I think because I'm hoping a "surprise" cool front will surface. My back is feeling a little better today from my spill sunday morning. I spent most of the weekend on and off of a heating pad and trying to do some really light, easy stretches so it wouldn't stiffen up. Looking forward to getting electro-stimulated and cracked tomorrow, followed by a relaxing massage Thursday night!

I'm sure we've talked about it before...but who all is staying at CSR? Once I get in Friday, I plan to get my stuff and browse the expo for a bit, then taking some friends of mine travelling with us to get them into the parks for the day, but I'm coming right back to relax at the resort...I'll post then to see if anyone's around and wants to relax and chat...I might try to find a nice spot by the pool or something...saturday will probably be a repeat and BF will be around by then, so if anyone's trying to stay off their feet and out of the parks and get's bored, post here and we can meet up for a bit!
Glad you're feeling better! I have also not packed, but that's just due to sheer laziness -- not because I hope the forecast will change

I'm also at CSR. I get in Friday early evening. Am hoping to get checked in and to the expo to pick up my stuff before heading to Kona to meet up with some solo princesses for dinner. If I don't make it Friday, I'll be hitting the expo Saturday morning. Not sure of my plans for the rest of the day. I've got some friends who will also be there (but not running) so will hook up with them for a bit, but then probably taking it easy. Plan to be on the first bus Sunday morning so that I have some time to enjoy the race retreat
Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #3235
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Wow, weather is all over the place, depending on which outlet you check. I also like to check the local, I think WESH. It says 10% chance of rain.

Now as I think about packing, I wish I knew shirt color so I could pack matching shorts.

Yeah for CSR! I'm coming in Friday, think my plane lands around 11am then ME to CSR and the expo. Hoping for some pool time. DH doesn't fly in until Saturday, high school basketball game to coach Friday night. Last time we were at CSR was four years ago, our 25th wedding anniversary and my first half marathon.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #3236
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

I think I've asked this before, but maybe there are more people reading the thread now...any woodsy Princesses staying at the Wilderness Lodge who want to meet up for the bus to the start?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #3237
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Morning Princesses! TWO DAYS until I depart!!!

I'm loving all of the outfit pics - you all look fantastic! I've finally got mine together, after a failed attempt at ironing-on a tiara to my hat. Now I've got a regular tiara that sits on it nicely.

CONGRATS to all who got into the meet-up! I passed on trying, as what my leg needs most is pre-race rest. I'm looking forward to reports!

Weather... I'll confess to being very happy with the latest forecasts, so long as any rain holds off. I waited all summer for cooler temps... only to find that i really prefer to run in the heat, lol! 65ish is just right for me.

Humidity is, well... relative. I expect it to feel pretty normal to me, but those from drier climes may find it pretty damp. The downside to humidity is that your sweat doesn't work as well to cool you down, since it can't quickly evaporate. My advice is to take the first few miles a tad slower than your usual pace and see how you feel: feeling great, bump it up; feeling hot and run down, take it down a notch. Pre-hydration is KEY in the heat, as in days before, not hours. But don't overhydrate without adding electrolytes, either. I'll do a 3:1 ratio of plain water and Nuun in the days before the race, and alternate 8oz bottles of water and Nuun on race day.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned: pollen counts are through the roof down here. If you have issues with tree and flowering shrub pollen, bring your meds. I'm a right mess and am taking my usual daily Zyrtec, plus a nasal steroid spray, plus using my inhaler more than usual.

Oh, and Twitter handles - I'm @VsFuzzyWorld

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #3238
Maddies Mama
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reminder about allergies. Mine are just starting to fire back up this week after taking their annual 2-month rest in December & January. I need to get my prescription refilled before we head down to FL, the last thing I want is to be a sniffly mess out there on the course.

Did my last run today before Sunday. 3 miles feels so short when you've been running quadruple that distance. I blinked and my run was over. I do have a bit of a knee injury that's sprouted up, so I'm not doing anything else exercise wise between now and Sunday. DH just got a new car and I opened the glove box yesterday only for it to drop open really fast and it banged both of my kneecaps something terrible - left a bruise on one. Am I the only one prone to weird, freak injuries right before a big race??

Disney Cruises: Dream 12/11

Run Disney: 12/11 Castaway Cay 5k, 02/13 Princess 1/2 Marathon

Coming soon: Star Wars Rebel Challenge, Disneyland 01/15

Old 02-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #3239
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
I'll be tweeting like crazy...I've done nothing but tweet about the Princess Half since I registered back in July!

I'm @jenniferlnelson
Old 02-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #3240
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

@kward227 I signed up for Twitter at some point, but never used it. Hmmm, guess I'll go check it out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: