Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #76
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran
 
chloelovesdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 6,282

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Do people really Fastpass Kali???

Out of your list EE is the only ride we did Fastpass, and we road all but Kali this past December. Guess being an Early Bird will be even more important in the future.
On a hot summer day the line for Kali can be quite long, and for some reason it seems to start later than opening. We've gotten fastpasses for it many times.
__________________

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #77
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
On a hot summer day the line for Kali can be quite long, and for some reason it seems to start later than opening. We've gotten fastpasses for it many times.
We sure do too! One of the longest lines I've waited in on a Disney trip ever was at Kali. It's a loooonnnnggg line too. I'm pretty sure on a pretty quiet afternoon in late August it was a good 45 minute wait.
__________________
pigletto is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #78
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 78,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
If there is one thing that the limited information concerning FP+ I can support it is the rumor that one will be able to get one set of FP's for the ride...
If the axiom of "first-come-first served" for FP was a problem Disney was worried about or wanted to alleviate, Disney could have, at any time in the last decade or so, simply have limited one FP, per attraction, per park ticket, per day.

They didn't.
__________________
.


.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #79
dadddio
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo

If the axiom of "first-come-first served" for FP was a problem Disney was worried about or wanted to alleviate, Disney could have, at any time in the last decade or so, simply have limited one FP, per attraction, per park ticket, per day.

They didn't.
The mere fact that they didn't do something in the past doesn't mean that won't do it in the future or aren't doing it now. Just saying.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #80
fan1080
When you wish upon a star......
 
fan1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lakelands, Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
I don't usually comment on stuff like this so I'm not going to spend a lot of time except to say this. I can understand the sense of accomplishment that comes with having 5 sets of EE passes, however, does it not bother you at all that you had deprived 16 others from getting a FP for that ride, just so you could ride it over and over and over and over and over? The question is this. Even if you can, should you?
Standby is always available. Any guest can use standby, at anytime of the day, and are welcome to go standby repeatedly if they choose.
__________________
Mar 1978 - Off Site (Grade 7, with my family), Sept 1989 - Off Site (Honeymoon), Feb 2006 - All Star Movies (First time to Disney for our 3 daughters), July 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2008 - Pop Century, Mar 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2010 Holiday Inn Express and Suites Universal
fan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #81
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran
 
PeterPanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
It's not my job or your job to worry about someone else's touring plan. If I get to MK at rope drop and I ride Space and grab a FP. Then my FP window opens at 10, should I look at the people who are walking up Main Street because they're just getting to the park and say "man, I should really hold off getting another FP so these poor saps have a better shot at riding?" It's not my job to worry about what rides the late arrivers want to ride any more than it's your job to judge or police the way I tour. As long as I play by Disney's rules, what does anyone care?
It's your and my worry if we are one of the 16 deprived of a fastpass because one group decides that they should have their share and 16 others. That's all I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan1080 View Post
Standby is always available. Any guest can use standby, at anytime of the day, and are welcome to go standby repeatedly if they choose.
That was exactly the point of my response. If someone wants to ride it multiple times get a fastpass and then use standby for additional rides. That will automatically shorten the standby lines overall because instead of 4 "extra" rides they my cut it down to only a couple. That not only frees up fastpass availability but also speeds up the standby.

It is stuff like this that causes me to hate Fastpass as much as I do. It has caused nothing but frustration to the majority since it was started. And for what? So that a few could be happy. Not a good tradeoff in any business customer service manual.

But you guys are correct, it's not my problem except on the few days a year that I am in the parks. So everyone do your thing.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #82
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran
 
PeterPanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
If the axiom of "first-come-first served" for FP was a problem Disney was worried about or wanted to alleviate, Disney could have, at any time in the last decade or so, simply have limited one FP, per attraction, per park ticket, per day.

They didn't.
Robo, that is very true, however, I can't help but think of it as the question of 'where does a 500 lb Gorilla sleep?' The answer, of course, is 'any where it wants'. Fastpass is that Gorilla and any changes will cause an uproar that for years Disney didn't care to correct. Same as use it all day after your window opens became yet another Gorilla. It appears that they tackled that once they had a new system that needed it corrected to make their goals attainable. They didn't care, at that point, whether or not the "guests" were all happy. That's the same reason why they didn't correct this other problem and won't unless it interferes with Disney Company's goals.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #83
fan1080
When you wish upon a star......
 
fan1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lakelands, Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
It's your and my worry if we are one of the 16 deprived of a fastpass because one group decides that they should have their share and 16 others. That's all I'm saying.

That was exactly the point of my response. If someone wants to ride it multiple times get a fastpass and then use standby for additional rides. That will automatically shorten the standby lines overall because instead of 4 "extra" rides they my cut it down to only a couple. That not only frees up fastpass availability but also speeds up the standby.

It is stuff like this that causes me to hate Fastpass as much as I do. It has caused nothing but frustration to the majority since it was started. And for what? So that a few could be happy. Not a good tradeoff in any business customer service manual.

But you guys are correct, it's not my problem except on the few days a year that I am in the parks. So everyone do your thing.
And my point was that if someone can't get a FP, because someone else got them all before they had a chance to get one, they are welcome to use standby.

FP wasn't perfect, it had issues, Disney knew that and made adjustments along the way.

To say others were deprived is a little over the top. Standby is always an option for everyone, including those who couldn't get a FP.
__________________
Mar 1978 - Off Site (Grade 7, with my family), Sept 1989 - Off Site (Honeymoon), Feb 2006 - All Star Movies (First time to Disney for our 3 daughters), July 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2008 - Pop Century, Mar 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2010 Holiday Inn Express and Suites Universal
fan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #84
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
It's your and my worry if we are one of the 16 deprived of a fastpass because one group decides that they should have their share and 16 others. That's all I'm saying.



That was exactly the point of my response. If someone wants to ride it multiple times get a fastpass and then use standby for additional rides. That will automatically shorten the standby lines overall because instead of 4 "extra" rides they my cut it down to only a couple. That not only frees up fastpass availability but also speeds up the standby.

It is stuff like this that causes me to hate Fastpass as much as I do. It has caused nothing but frustration to the majority since it was started. And for what? So that a few could be happy. Not a good tradeoff in any business customer service manual.

But you guys are correct, it's not my problem except on the few days a year that I am in the parks. So everyone do your thing.
Do you not use fastpass? It's available to every single guest in the park, free of charge.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #85
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories
 
skater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan1080 View Post
Standby is always available. Any guest can use standby, at anytime of the day, and are welcome to go standby repeatedly if they choose.
Yes it is, but I'm getting concerned that standby will be less of a decent option if the reports are true about wait times being longer than posted. Who wants to get into a line with a 45 min. wait expectation and lose 2 hours of touring time? If this is a trend, and if it continues, we won't be able to ride much of anything repeatedly. This may be the new reality (hopefully not), but it will be hard to forget about when we had it better.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #86
fan1080
When you wish upon a star......
 
fan1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lakelands, Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
Yes it is, but I'm getting concerned that standby will be less of a decent option if the reports are true about wait times being longer than posted. Who wants to get into a line with a 45 min. wait expectation and lose 2 hours of touring time? If this is a trend, and if it continues, we won't be able to ride much of anything repeatedly. This may be the new reality (hopefully not), but it will be hard to forget about when we had it better.
Agreed, but there are likely many factors affecting standby lines at the moment. This is obviously a transitioning period, so hopefully Disney works out the kinks.

No one really knows how this stuff is going to finally play out. Disney may not have all the answers right now either. That's likely why they have been running tests and implementing slowly, so they can gauge how it all goes and where changes/adjustments are necessary.

Time will tell.
__________________
Mar 1978 - Off Site (Grade 7, with my family), Sept 1989 - Off Site (Honeymoon), Feb 2006 - All Star Movies (First time to Disney for our 3 daughters), July 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2008 - Pop Century, Mar 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2010 Holiday Inn Express and Suites Universal

Last edited by fan1080; 02-19-2013 at 10:05 AM.
fan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #87
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,267

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
It's your and my worry if we are one of the 16 deprived of a fastpass because one group decides that they should have their share and 16 others. That's all I'm saying.
If that person physically blocked you from coming into the park that morning, then yes, they've deprived you of those FPs. If they didn't, why weren't you there to pull the FPs that morning if riding that ride via FP was so important to you?

Complaining that someone is using the system within its rules is just complaining for complaining's sake.

Like Robo has said many, many times on previous FP+ threads: If Disney wanted to limit each guest to one ride on each headliner via FP each day, that could have been an easy fix for them to make.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14 Past TR: 5/14, 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #88
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

I'm curious to see just how much the new system will impact the average visitor. Lets face it the average visitor just shows up ,usually late and thinks they will have fun until the see the lines. When i talk Disny planning most people think its crazy. We always went to our favorite ride got FP rode standby then went to next favorite picked up Fp and rode stand by and saved passed for later. I never felt gulty because if we knew we wouldent get back we would find a family of five that looked like they were about to meltdown and surprise them with our. FP. Talk about magical moments . Now I will be able to book our FP months out which will be great for us. I have Fibromyalgia so I have to plan to survive but lets face it you get more for your money when you plan evrything in advance. I think that average clueless visitor WILL LOSE. There is no learning curve. You either know 180 days out or you dont uses FP much like the average visitor has a hell of a time getting a sit down meal without a crazy wait.
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #89
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring
I'm curious to see just how much the new system will impact the average visitor. Lets face it the average visitor just shows up ,usually late and thinks they will have fun until the see the lines. When i talk Disny planning most people think its crazy. We always went to our favorite ride got FP rode standby then went to next favorite picked up Fp and rode stand by and saved passed for later. I never felt gulty because if we knew we wouldent get back we would find a family of five that looked like they were about to meltdown and surprise them with our. FP. Talk about magical moments . Now I will be able to book our FP months out which will be great for us. I have Fibromyalgia so I have to plan to survive but lets face it you get more for your money when you plan evrything in advance. I think that average clueless visitor WILL LOSE. There is no learning curve. You either know 180 days out or you dont uses FP much like the average visitor has a hell of a time getting a sit down meal without a crazy wait.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #90
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories
 
skater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan1080 View Post
Agreed, but there are likely many factors affecting standby lines at the moment. This is obviously a transitioning period, so hopefully Disney works out the kinks.

No one really knows how this stuff is going to finally play out. Disney may not have all the answers right now either. That's likely why they have been running tests and implementing slowly, so they can gauge how it all goes and where changes/adjustments are necessary.

Time will tell.

I really hope they do work out the kinks. I love Disney mostly due to nostalgia and the wonderful memories we've made there. Its a special place and nobody else comes close. I want this to work. Based on what I've been reading, my trust level is a little low right now. It would be a shame for someone's once in a lifetime trip to be marred by Disney working out the kinks.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: