Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #1741
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteaster5 View Post
We've been many times to WDW but never bought the refillable mug. Do you guys think its a good value?
No question. If you drink coffee, hot chocolate, or sodas it is a huge savings. I could drink the equivalent of the mug's cost in just 1 day!

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #1742
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzozzietj View Post
I thought this was interesting because I thought they had started using the RFids. Is this not the case in all the resorts yet?
The mugs with RFID chips were tested at All Star Sports from late 2011 through early 2012, but nothing has been done since then.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #1743
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

Have any new mugs for 2013 be released?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

mjperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #1744
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Wow! How did you accomplish that? I thought the dining plan had to be part of a package that included theme park admission. Unless you are DVC or AP holder.
You can also book a room and dining plan only package if using the military discount. Disney assumes that you will also want to purchase the military discounted tickets through your base or at shades of green so you are allowed to book room and dining only and purchase tickets elsewhere! It's really great if doing a split stay, you don have to get two sets of tickets!

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!

Last edited by tinkerbellybutton; 02-17-2013 at 12:04 PM.
tinkerbellybutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #1745
mzozzietj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjperry
Have any new mugs for 2013 be released?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I would love it if they had new mugs soon! We've already got the current ones and have the DDP on our trip next month!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #1746
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcarib View Post
No question. If you drink coffee, hot chocolate, or sodas it is a huge savings. I could drink the equivalent of the mug's cost in just 1 day!
How? Do you hang out at the resorts all day?

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #1747
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albytaps View Post
no, but we almost always take a midday break. and we do like to schedule a resort only day ( a day to just relax) although we do end up usually going to dtd that night .

at the moderate resorts, since they have the coffee pots in the room (I bring my own tea bags) it isn't as important.
they dont have coffee pots at the value resorts. but on days we relax by the pool in the am, I have a couple mugs of tea.
sometime we drive,(although not so much recently) sometimes fly. when we fly the mugs some in very handy for 'mixers" (we bring a bottle each of whiskey or vodka in our checked bags)

at the price of sodas, coffee, etc. it doesn't take much on a one week trip to make up the cost of the mug. and I use the mug at home all the time. I have a mug of tea on the drive to work, than , while tending bar, I sip on tea all day out of my disney mug.. everything tastes better out of a Disney mug!!!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #1748
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albytaps View Post
LOL, but I am constantly thirsty and probably fill my mug 12 or more times during the day and especially at nite

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #1749
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

So the 2013 mugs haven't been rolled out yet?
Very surprised.

Hoping it will be soon. I'll be in the World in 16 days.

Have several 2012 mugs, would love to get the 2013 mug

Me DS 19

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
Oct. 2014 Split stays at AKL, AOA, & ASM
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #1750
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
no, but we almost always take a midday break. and we do like to schedule a resort only day ( a day to just relax) although we do end up usually going to dtd that night .

at the moderate resorts, since they have the coffee pots in the room (I bring my own tea bags) it isn't as important.
they dont have coffee pots at the value resorts. but on days we relax by the pool in the am, I have a couple mugs of tea.
sometime we drive,(although not so much recently) sometimes fly. when we fly the mugs some in very handy for 'mixers" (we bring a bottle each of whiskey or vodka in our checked bags)

at the price of sodas, coffee, etc. it doesn't take much on a one week trip to make up the cost of the mug. and I use the mug at home all the time. I have a mug of tea on the drive to work, than , while tending bar, I sip on tea all day out of my disney mug.. everything tastes better out of a Disney mug!!!
I haven't had too many of those relaxing WDW vacations lol... but I could see it happening in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcarib View Post
LOL, but I am constantly thirsty and probably fill my mug 12 or more times during the day and especially at nite
I am the same way (being thirsty and refilling a lot) but the last few trips I feel like I used the mug possibly once a day. Unless your room is right next to the refill station it's sometimes a pain to just go get a refill.
  1. In the morning, a couple of us will go to refill the mugs and get back to the room before going out to the parks.
  2. On the way to the park, we MIGHT bring a mug or 2 to get a drink on the way to the park (not a very effective thing to do to have to carry it around the park all day, however it's not too bad when we drive and leave it in the car.)
  3. When we get back after the parks, sometimes we are too tired to bo back out and rather just drink nasty water.

These things don't happen everyday so we are not even breaking even with the mugs. This is my family though, and if it was just my wife and I maybe we would drink our money's worth. However, with 4 little girls, they like to fill their mugs, take a few sips, and leave the rest to throw away. Then again, the DDP costs less than $20 for kids, so thinking of it that way it's not bad at all. I just feel like I have so many mugs that didn't get used too much.

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #1751
howedaniel
Earning My Ears

Barcode scanning

is disney using the barcodes for the refillable mugs at any resorts?
howedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #1752
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by howedaniel View Post
is disney using the barcodes for the refillable mugs at any resorts?
Just at the two waterparks right now.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #1753
StrwLady
Why did I buy that van?! Now I can't afford a Disney trip!!!

Location: Born and Raised In New Orleans but now lives In Dallas, TX

I like the refillable mug coming with the dining plan now.

If we eat in the food court we use one of our quick service credits. For the drink we get a bottled drink and then fill our mug to eat and then again when we are leaving for the bus. We bring the bottled drink with us for the park. (I bring a ice chest back pack to the park. Since I use a scooter no one has to carry either their mug or the extra bottled drink. They put it in the scooter basket.

Any other time we eat at the resort and go back to the room we fill our mugs and bring the drinks back to the room. That way we don't have to buy from the vending machines after the food court is closed.

In the past (before the mug was included in the dining plan) I would buy the mug based on where the soda machines were at each resort. For instance it is easy to pass through a Value resort food courts on the way to the buses.
2/78 Lake Buena Vista Best Western ~ 2/97 All Star Music ~ 3/00 Hawthorn Suites ~ 9/00 All Star Music ~ 3/01 ~ All Star Movies ~ 5/01 Polynesian ~ 10/01 Polynesian ~ 2/02 Contemporary ~ 12/02 Boardwalk Inn ~ 5/03 Contemporary Tower ~ 10/03 Boardwalk Inn ~ 3/04 Contemporary Tower ~ 10/04 Polynesian ~3/05 Wilderness lodge ~ 4/05 Beach Club ~ 9/05 Beach Club ~ 12/05 Beach Club ~ 3/06 DisneyLand Grand Californian ~ 6/06 All Star Music-Contemporary-Beach Club ~ 9/06 Polynesian ~ 12/06 Wilderness Lodge ~ 3/07 Disneyland Hotel ~ 6/07 All Star Sports ~ 8/07 Saratoga Springs/Pop Century ~ 9/07 Beach Club ~ 5/08 Wilderness Lodge ~ 3/09 Pop Century ~ 8/09 Contemporary ~ 7/10 Swan-Pop Century ~ 7/11 Pop Century ~ 6/12 Pop Century ~ 3/13 Pop Century ~ 8/13 Pop Century

Coming soon...
2 weeks in the World! Pop Century 6/14

StrwLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #1754
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrwLady View Post
I like the refillable mug coming with the dining plan now.

If we eat in the food court we use one of our quick service credits. For the drink we get a bottled drink and then fill our mug to eat and then again when we are leaving for the bus. We bring the bottled drink with us for the park. (I bring a ice chest back pack to the park. Since I use a scooter no one has to carry either their mug or the extra bottled drink. They put it in the scooter basket.

Any other time we eat at the resort and go back to the room we fill our mugs and bring the drinks back to the room. That way we don't have to buy from the vending machines after the food court is closed.

In the past (before the mug was included in the dining plan) I would buy the mug based on where the soda machines were at each resort. For instance it is easy to pass through a Value resort food courts on the way to the buses.
Smart use of DDP/mugs there. I'd try a similar tactic with dinner, grabbing milk/chocolate milk bottles with my QS dinner at the resort, then using my mug to get my dinner drink, taking the bottles back to the room fridge. Next morning I've got a quick milk to get me moving in the AM with a muffin or cereal bar already there. (Yeah, I'm not a coffee person )

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #1755
beesauce
Earning My Ears

We just got back from POR and the mugs were the same ol, same ol'. I was so hoping that they would be different, but nope. The shelves of mugs weren't as full as normal, though, so maybe they are preparing for the switch? Trying to sell the remainder of their stock? Or maybe they just had a boatload of people buying mugs that week?
beesauce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: