Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #1081
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Checking in!

Glad to see some of you here.

I've been busy. My project at work is just plain crazy and I've been burning the midnight oil to get my work done. How do you expect anyone to get work done if you keep inviting them to meetings that fill up the entire day??? If someone knows the answer, let me know!

Still....I did make it to Parent Information night at DS school the other day. I think it could be a very good year for DS. The support structure and teaching governance in place seems excellent! Really happy about the school we chose for him.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #1082
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Ellen – The power of prayer worked once again! I’m so happy sweet Lilly is doing so much better.

Nan – I agree with you, none of us can imagine what Lauri is dealing with. All we can do is love her and be here for her.

Robyn & PIO – Being busy is a good thing, unless it totally overwhelms you. Please take a break!!! Check in when you can.

Dinner tonight will be grilled pork tenderloin tacos with chipotle slaw.
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #1083
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Good morning, and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

We are not doing much for the day, here! I'm making a nice pasta meal with a chocolately dessert, but that's about it. Alan says he'll take me out to dinner this weekend when the restaurants aren't so crazy. We don't really do gifts for today.

Lauri - You are in my prayers, sweetie! We love you and will be here for you whenever you need us!

PIO - good luck with your project. Sounds like a tough situation. Congrats on the school! Sounds like it will be a good year for him!

Well, the play is over, and now we have about a week for Katie to get her school work in order before she starts intense rehearsals for the Les Miserables pit orchestra. She promised us that she could keep her grades up during the play she was in, and she did (nothing lower than an B), so we are allowing her to play in the orchestra. However, if her grades slip, we'll pull her out!

I've been asked to coach next year's Shakespeare team for the high school. So, I'm working on getting that all organized. It should be a lot of fun!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #1084
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Good morning ladies, Happy Valentine Day!!!

Wow, Ash Wednesday saw me here at the Church from 7:45 a.m. to 9:15 p.m. I was one tired girl when I finally got home last night. And then couldn't go to sleep, I swear I was up all night. I would give anything to have those nights that I use to sleep all night and the alarm had to wake me up. But I think they are gone for ever, along with my waistline. Oh the joys of getting older.

Well Miss Lilly is not 100% for sure but thank the Good Lord, she isn't worse either. And with RSV that is GREAT news. She is fever free, and her little nose still runs but is clear. The worse part is the terrible cough she has. I just wish she could blow her nose but where she can't it settles in her chest and throat. When she coughs it would wake the dead. But she is still our happy little girls with lots of smiles and guess what - the kids have been working on her saying Nanny. When she sees me she gets all excited and says Na na na na. Close enough for me.

Our Lenten lunches start today. We go to the different Churches in town for a bowl of soup, sandwiches, a lenten message and great fellowship. Lent is one of my favorite times in the Church. I love it!!

WFDT ~ Doug and I are going for a special dinner tonight at a local Bistro for a 5 course meal. I have had our reservationns in for 3 weeks. Doug is on call so I really hope we get to go. It wasn't cheap, so I am hoping it is wonderful.

Make it a great day.

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #1085
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

Good morning ladies!

Ellen, I am glad that Lilly is doing better! Your stories of Ash Wednesday remnind me of Laura's day. She told me that she got over 200 calls asking when the masses were. Her favorite call was this one:
Q: when are the Ash Wednesday Masses?
L: 12:10 and 7 PM
Q: OK, so 12 noon, 10 at night, and when is the last one?

PIO, I am glad that it sounds like your son's program is going to be a good fit for him. That's really important.

I hope all the NOLA ladies enjoyed Mardi Gras earlier this week.

I finally got around to making the spicy Korean tofu stew I was talking about. It was really good! Spicy, soft from the tofu, rich from the egg, and filling from the rice. Let's see if I remember how to post a photo here:

Well, it took about five tries but there it is! I would definitely make it again.

WFD: John's going to the fish market, so whatever he brings back from there.
liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #1086
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Hello ladies. Busy day today. Got in to work early, got a lot done, went to PT, then ran an errand.

Got a late lunch at a place called R&R Taquiera. It was on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. One thing I have really been wanting to do is go to one of the local places that they have had on there and I finally did.

It was pretty good. I had Tacos Al Pastor, which was pork, and Tacos Enchiladas, which was lamb.

I have a quiet weekend planned, sewing and, depending on the weather, a Pampered Chef show to go to.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #1087
PrincessInOz
in

Kat -

Becky - That Korean tofu stew looks amazing! I'd ask for a recipe; but that would be more appropriate on the old WFDT thread.

Glynis - Sounds like a full plate with normal life for you. Happy times.

Ellen - Glad that Lilly is better. Was it a long sickness?

Marilyn - Are you sewing more quilts? I'd love to see pictures, if you have them.

I officially pulled in 40 hour work in 3 days this week. Not.bad.going.!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #1088
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Hi Girls! Just stopping in to let you all know I am away this weekend. we are heading out to see Deb! See you all on Monday night!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #1089
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Kat -

Becky - That Korean tofu stew looks amazing! I'd ask for a recipe; but that would be more appropriate on the old WFDT thread.

Glynis - Sounds like a full plate with normal life for you. Happy times.

Ellen - Glad that Lilly is better. Was it a long sickness?

Marilyn - Are you sewing more quilts? I'd love to see pictures, if you have them.

I officially pulled in 40 hour work in 3 days this week. Not.bad.going.!
I'm supposed to be. I have several I need to be working on but haven't. I spent most of the weekend reading. Here are some I have made. These are the only ones I have online right now. I can post some more later once I get home.

POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #1090
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Checking in from Deb's house. It is COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her home is lovely with lots of open space. But it is COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marilyn- I love the quilts!

PIO- and you like that crazy pace!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be in a coma!

We will be leaving in a bit, sad to go because it is such a nice visit!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #1091
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Good morning friends,

Merle ~ Your quilts are beautiful. I love to sew, but have never quilted. Once I retire I am going to learn.

Becky ~ Tell Laura, I feel her pain. Your pictures are as beautiful as usual.

PIO ~ 40 hours in 3 days - Girl you need your head examinied.
Of course you can ask for the recipe. We are still all about WFDT and sharing.

Nan ~ So glad you got away to see Deb. You all deserved the fun.

We are preparing for a major winter storm. Nothing new here on the Plains. We usually get between 2 and 3 feet of snow every winter. Just a regular thing for us, and we are prepared. We are to get 12-19" of snow on Wednesday night thru Thrusday. At least we have a few days to get things ready. We need the moisture SO bad. I just wish it didn't come with the 45+MPH winds. That is what is difficult. We shall see!!

I am going to be staying with the boys tomorrow and Wednesday as Jay and Elizabeth are going out of town. I am really looking forward to it. I have a bunch of things planned. I just wish Ethan wasn't in school and we could play all day.

Pastor Tess is have her hip replaced on Wednesday, so I will be the chief cook and bottle washer for the next 6 weeks here at the Church. So I am going to enjoy these next 2 days off!!!! This is the start of Lent - WTH was she thinking. Can you tell I am not a happy camper on this.

WFDT ~ American Chop Suey, corn and a green salad.

Make it a great day.

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #1092
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Ellen- I saw your weather report on teh news this morning! Be careful!!!! I am so glad you get to lay with your babies, best way to spend a day! Enjoy it!

I hope Pastor Tess recovers quickly!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #1093
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Hey y'all, could I ask for some good thoughts and/or prayers? I'm in a really bad place right now and can't seem to fight my way out. Financial issues are the major thing and I feel silly complaining about the most recent development that has me so down. Kyle started only his second game of his college career yesterday and it could not have gone any worse. He was pulled in the second inning, he was pitching worse than I've ever seen him pitch. He was also not asked to go on the first road trip of the season. This is the first road trip in three years he hasn't been on. Needless to say he is one sad boy and it's breaking my heart. I know things could be much worse, he is alive and healthy and I shouldn't be depressed but I am.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:38 AM   #1094
PrincessInOz
in

Marilyn - Lovely quilts!!!!

Kat - Hugs to you and Kyle. So sorry you're in a bad spot.

Ellen - stay safe. Speedy recovery to Pastor Tess.

Nancy - I bet it's bittersweet to leave but it would great to head home.

Crazy pace will continue to at least April. In the meantime, I'm trying to get as much downtime as possible, when I can.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #1095
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Hey y'all, could I ask for some good thoughts and/or prayers? I'm in a really bad place right now and can't seem to fight my way out. Financial issues are the major thing and I feel silly complaining about the most recent development that has me so down. Kyle started only his second game of his college career yesterday and it could not have gone any worse. He was pulled in the second inning, he was pitching worse than I've ever seen him pitch. He was also not asked to go on the first road trip of the season. This is the first road trip in three years he hasn't been on. Needless to say he is one sad boy and it's breaking my heart. I know things could be much worse, he is alive and healthy and I shouldn't be depressed but I am.

Oh Kathy I am sorry you are feeling so sad. I hope things look up for you and for Kyle soon.

Marilyn, your quilts are lovely!

WFD: salmon sliders
liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: