Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #2161
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

I can't get over how cute the Lion King bag is. DH asked if it could be his personal diaper bag.

Your dining plans look great. We went to LTT when I was about 12 weeks along, and I absolutely fell in love with their green beans. So delicious! I think I ate the entire bowl.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #2162
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

hope your oven can be fixed wouldn't stress over the anesthisia as a few others have said they can give you something, besides you will be surrounded by all of our good thoughts & prayers you'll be fine

today work went ok but I haven't been on my feet so long in almost 3 weeks Iam basically wiped out don't go again until Wed so that's a blessing

hoping to catch up on your ptr tomorrow I've missed so much since the dr appts we had last Thurs I mean for goodness sakes I don't even know Chiara's test results ~ !

have a terrific night everyone

RuthIE
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #2163
solana131
DIS Veteran

Your ADR date came quickly! I hope you get what you wish for.
Glad you had the talk with Josh. It's always nice when the hubby is onboard. I wish I had that! Bill dislikes Disney and dislikes spending money. So therefore ... I haven't been able to nail down our next trip. Still hoping for this year sometime but I'm not sure how reasonable that is.
I know what you mean about the airfare. Holy cow! You would think trying to go from the nice beautiful Northeast to hot and humid Florida in the dog days of summer would be cheap. Oy! I hope they go down soon...and Disney comes out with their summer deals too. That would make all the difference in my plans!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #2164
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

I loved the lion king bag. Such a fun bag!!

Glad you and Josh were able to have a talk and you feel better about your trip!! I know how you feel about how things seem to break all at once. We have to have my husband's Camaro taken in and checked out due to the kill switch that's on it causing the car to not want to start and he had to take it in to get a flat fixed the other day. So not fun. Now I'm dealing with possible food posioning. Can things please start getting better!!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #2165
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Wish I could help you make the online dining reservations...but the agent site is not working right either...you pretty much have to call to get it done...of course I CAN call for you if you like......

Nini
It's totally OK - thanks for the offer Nini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Great job on organizing and planning your meals. DH always says we need to plan our dinners but it is so hard coming up with something.
I know the feeling... I usually come up with 6 or 7 meals - then I bring my handy-dandy note pad to the table at dinner time and ask for suggestions - and normally, I get nothing... So, then I have to come up with the remainder of the meals too... Which isn't so bad - but then they complain about it. At that point, I remind them how lucky they are that they get a meal in the first place.

Quote:
Glad you don't have to reschedule your trip. I just finished my taxes and I was quite surprised that we are getting back a little more than we have in the past few years.
We are getting a little more back too - which is good.

Quote:
So true... I remember during one of my C sections feeling so sick and they just injected something and in less than a second I felt OK
OK - that's it! I am telling them that I want all the drugs they can give me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
I can't get over how cute the Lion King bag is. DH asked if it could be his personal diaper bag.

Your dining plans look great. We went to LTT when I was about 12 weeks along, and I absolutely fell in love with their green beans. So delicious! I think I ate the entire bowl.
Glad you like it Ashley - and happy to see you back on The Dis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
hope your oven can be fixed wouldn't stress over the anesthisia as a few others have said they can give you something, besides you will be surrounded by all of our good thoughts & prayers you'll be fine
Thanks Ruthie!

Quote:
today work went ok but I haven't been on my feet so long in almost 3 weeks Iam basically wiped out don't go again until Wed so that's a blessing
I bet you are very tired! I am happy to see that you are back to work though and that you have a few days off to recouperate.

Quote:
hoping to catch up on your ptr tomorrow I've missed so much since the dr appts we had last Thurs I mean for goodness sakes I don't even know Chiara's test results ~ !

have a terrific night everyone
No worries - catch up when you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Your ADR date came quickly! I hope you get what you wish for.
Thanks! Me too.

Quote:
Glad you had the talk with Josh. It's always nice when the hubby is onboard. I wish I had that! Bill dislikes Disney and dislikes spending money. So therefore ... I haven't been able to nail down our next trip. Still hoping for this year sometime but I'm not sure how reasonable that is.
Josh is the same way... but as long as I am nice as pie about the hunting and fishing - I expect him to be the same way about Disney... So, I try to bring it up at the same time - then it's very evident that he needs to be agreeable.

Quote:
I know what you mean about the airfare. Holy cow! You would think trying to go from the nice beautiful Northeast to hot and humid Florida in the dog days of summer would be cheap. Oy! I hope they go down soon...and Disney comes out with their summer deals too. That would make all the difference in my plans!
Yah - it's just awful right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I loved the lion king bag. Such a fun bag!!

Glad you and Josh were able to have a talk and you feel better about your trip!! I know how you feel about how things seem to break all at once. We have to have my husband's Camaro taken in and checked out due to the kill switch that's on it causing the car to not want to start and he had to take it in to get a flat fixed the other day. So not fun. Now I'm dealing with possible food posioning. Can things please start getting better!!
Thanks Sandra! Oh no... I hope you are feeling better soon too.

I worked in my sewing room all yesterday morning... I managed to cut out and quilt my auction bag. I plan to work on the applique today, and hopefully finish it. I have my heart set on a certain applique - and it's quite detailed, so hopefully it goes well. I am a bit scared to do a detailed applique on an auction bag, since my starting bid will have to be more - but hopefully the cuteness will blind people from the price. Depending on how my week goes, I may even do an extra accessory with it.

My auction will have to be delayed by up to a day this time. It just can't be helped, as I will be in surgery Thursday morning. I hope to have it all ready before I go - and hopefully I can list it that afternoon, or for sure the following morning.

Josh worked on our oven all day yesterday, and I am sad to say that it didn't go well. He has determined that our control panel went out... Because our oven is a Kenmore, and Sears no longer makes the part - the only way we can get it is if Sears comes out and does the repair iteself. I am sorry to say that I had to empty my Disney savings yesterday to pay for the repair. They will be out tomorrow sometime to fix it... Some people can go with out appliances - there is just no way I can go with out an oven, so it must be done. Some would say that it would be cheaper to buy a new oven - and that may be so - but we have a very nice oven (it came with the house) and there is just no way we could afford to replace our oven with something comparable, so we have opted to fix it. Josh would prefer to purchase a new one - but I am not good with change - so he has agreed to let me fix it.

Alli's dermatology appointment went well yesterday.

I am doing my best not to get nervous about the surgery. Every time I feel my anxiety creeping up, I just tell myself to calm down and carry on. It will be fine - I know that - and making myself all anxious about it does nothing for me, other than make me a wreck. So, I am doing my best just to be calm and rational about it. It's not easy. I've been able to keep my pain under control this week with Tylenol and really watching what I eat carefully - the surgeon said that greasy foods sometimes trigger it.... Which isn't good - with out the oven we have had to deep fry some items that we would otherwise bake. Since I am having the surgery, I am not allowed to have any Ibuprofen or Aleve (blood thinners) this whole week, so I am very happy that I have been able to keep the pain at bay with Tylenol.

Everything else in life is just as wonderful as can be. And I hope you all have a marvelous day!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #2166
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:

RuthIE
My results were there are no definitive boy parts. this is my second sono tech who told me this so I am going with Girl

D sorry about the oven. I would of replaced the oven since I have never had luck with Sears repairmen. It always cost me more than the appliance is worth. Hope this is an easy fix.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #2167
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Love the Lion King messenger!

Good luck with your ADRs today!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #2168
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
My results were there are no definitive boy parts. this is my second sono tech who told me this so I am going with Girl

D sorry about the oven. I would of replaced the oven since I have never had luck with Sears repairmen. It always cost me more than the appliance is worth. Hope this is an easy fix.
well that sounds like a reasonable conclusion and your signature line would be pretty cute:
girl, boy, girl, boy, girl

Blessings Chiara
Old 02-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #2169
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Several days ago I wrote out several replies and comments and when I tried to submit, my server chose that moment to go wanky and I lost everything. I'm sure they were all pearls of wisdom, but they are lost forever! Try not to be too disappointed.

First let me tell you I love your newest bag. Lion King has never been a favorite movie, but I do love the characters from it. Go figure. You did a fabulous job on the entire bag. So much of the time I get lost in the characters and overlook your outstanding sewing abilities.

You know, I think those of us who have husbands who can fix just about anything are so very blessed! So glad Josh was able to get the jeep up and running. Sounds like the oven was beyond just about anyone's scope. I probably would have opted for a new one, but then, I like new and shinny!

I am spending my spare time this morning (in between feeding Easton and walking him that is) planning my shopping list and menus. I agree that it takes a lot of the pain out of meals when they are planned ahead. For those who are challenged in that way, there is a website where you can sign up and pay for weekly supper menus that come complete with a shopping list. They will even taylor it to certain grocery stores. There are a lot of choices as far as style of eating such as clean eating, classic meals, gluten free, portion control etc. Here's a link: http://emeals.com/

You had asked about my mother. She is out of the hospital and they have attributed the internal bleeding to a medication she is on. She has follow up visits to three doctors next week. She feels pretty good. Thanks for asking. And for the prayers!

So glad RuthIE is back to work part time! That's a giant step toward healing. Hope they treat her well and with patience!

Now that you've used your Disney $$ for the stove repair, is your trip still on? I certainly hope so!! You've worked so hard to make all those decisions. BTW, your dining looks perfect! Hope you get everything you want tomorrow and that you can do it online since that is so much easier.

Well, I have a screaming baby who won't take a nap, so I have to go into super grandma mode. Have a great day!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #2170
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

I have been lurking on this thread for a while. I need help. Here is our history--DD has an auto-immune disorder. This is has been our best year of her life! My oldest graduates high school. We are going to Disney to celebrate his graduation and her health!

December 20th I had shoulder surgery. About 3 weeks ago I started having complications--I am nowhere near where I am supposed to be at my 8 wk post op

Here is where I need help. I have been searching every place I could think of, but I am having no luck. I have made a few things for past trips, but am still in the learning phase of sewing. Was planning on making some circle skirt/twirl skirts for our trip. We are doing SWW--wanted a star wars themed skirt and was going to have a tank with princess leia minnie on it. Park Fare was also doing a circle skirt with a shirt with a princess. Looking for something for Tusker House and Toy Story.

I need an easy pattern or somewhere to purchase already made skirts. DD is just hit her first ever real growth spurt---been growing crazy all year. SHe could wear a size 5 pants, but needs like a 2/3t waist.

Could someone please point me in the right directions. Thanks.
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip March 2014 offsite youth trrip
(20) (17) (9) (7)
pigget74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #2171
solana131
DIS Veteran

Just stopping in on my lunch break to say...

100 Days until MOA!!!!

Darn it...no smilies on my phone

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #2172
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Come On March!! Break the Curse on D~'s household!!
Our oven's element went out about two years ago. Luckily it was the cheaper bottom one and DH can be handy when he needs to be. I bought the part online so the whole repair cost about $50. Unlike our refrigerator this fall.

Glad to hear RuthIE's back on her feet, as exhausting as that is.

DH is the one who got me into Disney in the first place, so I don't have any problems getting him to go along. My problem is that if it's a nice weekend and I've actually got it off, he starts trying to figure up how long a time we could have at MK if we hopped on the road and drove like mad to FL.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #2173
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am behind...again.

First, I want to wish you a successful surgery. I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers and heart.

I am sorry to hear about the stove. I understand not liking change...I'm not crazy about it either. But we did have to buy a new stove three years ago when our oven stopped working (I'm guessing it was about 16 years old as it came with the house). They just don't make things the way they used to and that is why I hate buying anything new because I know I'll have to replace it sooner rather than later.

Love the Lion King bag.

Did you get your ADR's?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #2174
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

I am behind....I hate when multiple things break down. We just had 3 car issues...$3300. And then my husband had a fender bender with DD2 in the car. Luckily no one was hurt, except the cars. Sorry to hear about your Jeep and now the stove. At least Josh is handy, my DH is not.
Hope your trip is still on and you get/got your ADRs, I forgot which day you said.

Good luck on the surgery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. And you should feel much better after this is all over.

Love the lion king bag! Amazing as always!

......pixie dust........
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:36 AM   #2175
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Know your in my prayers for your surgery. I'm sure thngs will go well.

Glad your getting your oven fixed but sorry it had to wipe out what you've saved so far. Hopefully you'll be able to replace it with your taxes maybe.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: