Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #376
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
It is likely one of those instances where it's easier for DCL to simply prohibit an activity than to monitor it. Keeping a balloon in a cabin (like you planned) would be harmless. But how about the next guest?

That's like the photography policy in the Walt Disney Theatre. On all but my latest Disney cruise, they allowed photos, but prohibited flash and video. I was fine with that, since I liked to take one or two photos just to help remember the day's events.

But recently, when I was on the Fantasy, DCL prohibited all video and photography. By doing so, it was probably easier for DCL to enforce.

Woody
I totally hear ya. I had just missed that somewhere in the rules of what we could or could not bring onboard. Took me by surprise. Would have never bought her one had we known. Learned something new on that cruise
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #377
ramadden13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
This is starting to be a little comedic. Since Air Canada changed my flights, we called up the limo company we're using to let them know our arrival time is changing. They had no reservation for us and no record of our request even. However, they hit our credit card within a couple days of us registering. But, they straightened it out within a few hours after getting the IT guys involved.

What's funny is that the only reason I checked the flights was checking in for DCL. If I hadn't needed the flight info who knows when/if I would have noticed. And the only reason we checked with the limo company was the Air Canada flights changing. We would not have checked on that. Serendipity or bad luck, I can't decide. Lol
We had a flight booked for June 9th that we used miles for and it had us fly Air Canada. We had the same problem. Luckily, United was wonderful in sorting it all out. They even let us cancel our three of our flights with no penalty.

Similarly, we only discovered this because we wanted to book this cruise. If we had just done our original Mediterranean cruise I don't know when we would have noticed.

Upcoming Cruises: 14-Day EBTA (May 18) and 7-Day Mediterranean (June 1)
ramadden13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #378
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is starting to be a little comedic. Since Air Canada changed my flights, we called up the limo company we're using to let them know our arrival time is changing. They had no reservation for us and no record of our request even. However, they hit our credit card within a couple days of us registering. But, they straightened it out within a few hours after getting the IT guys involved.

What's funny is that the only reason I checked the flights was checking in for DCL. If I hadn't needed the flight info who knows when/if I would have noticed. And the only reason we checked with the limo company was the Air Canada flights changing. We would not have checked on that. Serendipity or bad luck, I can't decide. Lol
That is all just craziness!! Air Canada should at least upgrade you to first class And I will buy you your first drink at Tremont Rooftop Bar
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #379
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:

I think it's great luck that you're finding this out ahead of time . It's a complete PITA, but imagine if you hadn't needed to check on this stuff? Now THAT would be bad luck. You should buy a lottery ticket.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #380
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I totally hear ya. I had just missed that somewhere in the rules of what we could or could not bring onboard. Took me by surprise. Would have never bought her one had we known. Learned something new on that cruise
But we definitely know now.... no more breaking the rules for us

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...hibited-items/
Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #381
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Question: So going off of the prohibited list of items I just posted (balloon) I now see extension cords are prohibited. I have always used one for my CPAP machine for sleep apnea because a plug is not nearby the bed to make it work. Any idea what to use? Or do we just call Disney to put that request in with our distilled water for the CPAP machine? (Do they supply an extension cord?) Not a fan of sleeping on the floor to be near the outlet on the desk area.

I know people have told me before to have an extension cord, which I used both times on the Magic. Of course, not realizing until now that is a big no-no.

Might just call DCL tomorrow and ask.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #382
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

hahaha - just searched DIS as I know there's always an answer... seems a thread was started a week or two ago about extension cords. Seems they are supplied for medical devices as requested.

I checked our other cruiseline we have two cruises booked with for 2013 and it's not a prohibited item with them, so will check with them on if one is supplied. I'd hate to not take one because DCL prohibits it, and then need it for the second part of our journey but then that cruiseline not supply one.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #383
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Please don't forget to respond to our lanyard survey if you have not already done so

https://sites.google.com/site/onamag.../home/lanyards

Thank you!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #384
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

I read a few of the threads on the cords. I sure hope power strips aren't prohibited! We are taking a universal one since we'll be in several countries post cruise. Even if they were to take it with the intention of giving it back, I'm afraid I'll forget it. And I really want it for the cruise!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #385
ramadden13
Earning My Ears

Question since this is my first cruise longer than 7 days: Does anyone know if I can schedule another Palo dinner on board beyond the one I have already signed up for? Chocolate Souffle two nights would be amazing.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:46 AM   #386
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramadden13
Question since this is my first cruise longer than 7 days: Does anyone know if I can schedule another Palo dinner on board beyond the one I have already signed up for? Chocolate Souffle two nights would be amazing.
Yes you can!!!
But you can also on cruises that are only 3 nights...

DCL will let you pre-book one Palo.
Once onboard you can schedule more Palo as you want 2 or 3 nights as long there is space left they will let you book it!!!!!

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).
Yvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #387
ramadden13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
Yes you can!!!
But you can also on cruises that are only 3 nights...

DCL will let you pre-book one Palo.
Once onboard you can schedule more Palo as you want 2 or 3 nights as long there is space left they will let you book it!!!!!
JACKPOT! I will eat all the Chocolate Souffles!!! Thank you!

Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #388
Viking_53
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePedersonFamily View Post
We are staying at the Hampton too and taking the DCL transport from the airport Sat. morning!! I bet we'll be traveling to the ship together!!
What a coincidence! Guess we will see you then!

Chuck
Viking_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:16 AM   #389
Viking_53
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramadden13 View Post
Thank you! This is great. I don't have a travel agent. Do you think I could contact Disney on my own and arrange this? I'll have to call them tomorrow to try.
I don't see why you couldn't just add them anytime. Our TA said we could add them whenever we wanted to. I've just had the transfers on my reservation from the start, and she told me I could remove them at any time.

I think DCL want's them on in enough time to plan the number of buses they might need. Since we are still 80+ days away, you should be fine!
Viking_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #390
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Just a quick update on the Palo group brunches. The first two groups are full. If anyone else is interested I will start a 3rd group. A reminder for those of you signed up for a group brunch, once DCL approves and confirms our group booking they will cancel any individual Palo Bruch reservations you have made. If you want to keep the group brunch and a individual brunch just plan on making another reservation once we board. With our number of sea days, I don't think anyone will have a problem getting additional Palo reservations.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: