Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #3376
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan

Great way to spend your 40th- lots of helpful info.

I noticed your ID as "reel"mom- are you an irish dancing family?
No, nothing that exciting. It is my family's first name initials. Since my husband and kids love to fish, it seemed appropriate.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #3377
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
July is busy season so it's best to have realistic expectations about how crowded Club Level is.... That being said most people dine and dash in an effort to get to the parks so you are just dealing with a continuous stream of people moving in and out primarily during the busy hours (8 am and then again at 5pm when appetizers are put out). I really think Club level will be worth it because it's like having your own gourmet kitchen complete with a top chef making delicious goodies available to you just when you really need them. Remember, if the lounge is too busy for you you can grab a tray and take your goodies to go.

Now here is the good news. There are some delicious hang out areas at the resort. The lobby can be noisy and busy so I'm not talking about that area unless it's early in the morning before Cape May opens for breakfast. What I'm talking about is the off the beaten path hideaway in the lobby of the Beach Club Villas! My husband discovered this area and he would grab a cup of something from the coffee machine in the lounge and then go hang out there on the comfy couches with a book.

To get to this area you just take the pathway that is right by the Beach Club Market Place, which is immediately off of the Beach Club lobby. It would take you less than 2 minutes to get there from the Club Level area.

There are two areas.

The first is the larger of the two areas and it serves as a low traffic pass through for the Villas. Here is a great photo:

[IMG] Beach Club Villas Library by Tim Mills2009, on Flickr[/IMG]

OK, so not too bad but not so relaxing huh.... WELL there is another room very near this and it is much more intimate and relaxing. It's right off of this room in the Villas lobby and it's got a couple of sofas and it's off set from the beaten path. I couldn't find any pictures of it so this one will have to do:

Remember, there isn't a check in desk or other busy area type office in the Beach Club Villas Lobby. It's just a quiet area with the occasional Villas guest (AKA "Villains") passing through. With 5 people in our room we liked to think of this as our living room and Club Level as our kitchen. Tell your Hubby to think of the resort like this and then Club Level during the busy season is a relaxing proposition.

Right across from the Beach Club Marketplace there is also the Beach Club resort Solarium, which is literally right across the outdoor path from the Beach Club Villas lobby. (Think 100 meters away) This area can get busy with people eating at the small tables from the Marketplace. There is also an outdoor area with larger tables that can be nice to relax at. But for my money I like that (not so) secret Beach Club Villas lobby area to relax at.

I'm not too familiar with the Yacht Club but I'm sure there are areas over there too.

I can't wait for your trip to get here! Good luck with the marathon and be sure to let us know how you made out.

~NM
how do I get to the room with the second view?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #3378
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
I did find a great excel spreadsheet on a website from one of the dining threads that also helped me really figure out what was best for our family Let me know if you are interested in the spreadsheet

Hey... congrats on paying off the debt. CL would be a well-deserved reward. I would love to see the spreadsheet, even though I know we are paying OOP for meals. I can't resist a good Disney planning tool!

CL is not really going to work for us this time. Some of our traveling party are on wildly different schedules due to working hours. So, they may be waking up after CL breakfast hours. Others are very early risers, and with a few very early EMHs, they may head out before CL opens for breakfast. We figure we will all meet in the middle for lunch and dinner.

I know CL is in our future, but this is not going to be the trip.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #3379
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlupin View Post
We're at BC now! The Stone Harbor Club is great! Johnny Galecki (Leonard on Big Bang Theory) is staying on this floor too. I've seen he and his girlfriend a bunch of times. He is on wi Kelly and Micheal later this week. :D
AWESOME!!! Dibs on the daybed in your room. Loved him going back to Roseanne. Very cool!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #3380
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lovesmickey View Post
Hey All -

I'm sure this is answered on one of these 220 pages, but in the interest of time I'm hoping someone can help... Do all the rooms at BC have a daybed? If not, what are my odds of getting one if I request it? We have a standard view room. One more question- should I call the resort directly to make a request? When? Or ask my travel agent? Can I make a request if I do online check-in? Thanks!
Your odds are increased if you have 5 occupants. I think you are using a TA? Ask your TA to have your request added to your reservation. Not sure what options they are giving you now, with on line check in, it seems to be changing, but your best bet is still to have your request on your reservation. You can also fax the resort room assignors 4-5 days prior to your arrival.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 02-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #3381
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
Hey... congrats on paying off the debt. CL would be a well-deserved reward. I would love to see the spreadsheet, even though I know we are paying OOP for meals. I can't resist a good Disney planning tool!

CL is not really going to work for us this time. Some of our traveling party are on wildly different schedules due to working hours. So, they may be waking up after CL breakfast hours. Others are very early risers, and with a few very early EMHs, they may head out before CL opens for breakfast. We figure we will all meet in the middle for lunch and dinner.

I know CL is in our future, but this is not going to be the trip.
Thanks We are working on it!!

The website is http:/www.seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon, it was fun to play around with I'm one that could spend hours in an office supply store!!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #3382
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
As promised for those wondering about the Epcot Segway Tour... I emailed the IPO and this is the response I received:

Update on Keep Moving Forward. Guests have only been contacted up until March 10th to advise of the cancellation of the Keep Moving Forward Tour. Please advise any guest beyond that date that if their tour is to be cancelled they will be contacted by a Disney Reservation Center cast member.
No further information is available at this time. So we hope this is just for a renovation , but again we are not sure . You can call the WDW Disney Tour line if you have further questions . But this is all we have been told I'm so sorry we don't have better information to for you .

So there you have it... I know there will be 2 very upset honeymooners if they cancel that!!

~Nannette
A fun alternative may be the FW Segway tour. We did it and loved it!

Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #3383
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We're at BC now! The Stone Harbor Club is great! Johnny Galecki (Leonard on Big Bang Theory) is staying on this floor too. I've seen he and his girlfriend a bunch of times. He is on wi Kelly and Micheal later this week. :D
Bazinga!! That's really cool!

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC

Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #3384
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If only in an effort to provide all of those staying at the resort with the latest in information... I called the Disney's Beach Club Villas contact number as listed on the Dis http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2823609

.... and I spoke with a CM who assured me that it was a public space and that all guests of the Yacht Club, Beach Club and Beach Club Villas could use that space.

I'm sure there are a ton of things we all think are true that turn out to have changed. It was good that the point was raised as to whether or not other guests staying at the resort would have access, as we now know the rules and we have a chance to follow them. That's what this thread is all about... Information.

~NM

Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #3385
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
As promised for those wondering about the Epcot Segway Tour... I emailed the IPO and this is the response I received:

Update on Keep Moving Forward. Guests have only been contacted up until March 10th to advise of the cancellation of the Keep Moving Forward Tour. Please advise any guest beyond that date that if their tour is to be cancelled they will be contacted by a Disney Reservation Center cast member.
No further information is available at this time. So we hope this is just for a renovation , but again we are not sure . You can call the WDW Disney Tour line if you have further questions . But this is all we have been told I'm so sorry we don't have better information to for you .

So there you have it... I know there will be 2 very upset honeymooners if they cancel that!!

~Nannette
I so hope that it's just a remodel. I'd love to do it again - hopefully on my next adult only trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Kacie thank you so much for responding. The Segway tours look awesome, we some some people on the tour when we had an early am Akershus breakfast. How long does the tour last? Did you get to see any behind the scene stuff? I'm so clumsy, I'd be the one to fall off!!!

Thanks
angeejoe
I think it was 2 hours total. An hour of training and an hour of touring. We didn't really do any behind the scene stuff, but it was cool going through world showcase without anyone else there. I would definitely do it again!

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC

Old 02-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #3386
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Gotcha in the que. Dee will update first page when she returns .

Welcome Kim.
Which resort????
OOPPSSSS, Yacht Club
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
Old 02-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #3387
logpey
Disney or bust!

Vilma did a great job checking us into our CL room. It was ready when we arrived at 11:30am. I had Tom make me a Sunken Treasure today! Yummy & a beautiful green color--but still love my piña colavas....hubby liked Sunken Treasure & Samuel Adams...)

It's neat, all these famous people here))))) Wednesday, look for me on Live at MK, I'm going to see if I can be around show as its filming! I'll wave a lot in background...I know keep wishing:0

I did receive my request of large balcony, I did not check in online. It was extremely crowded today, CL very crowded but plenty of employees to go around. Irv very nice..
Very disappointed in one person with Bell Services, this person did a poor job retrieving our luggage from car--we actually had to get someone to come to the car, took about ten minutes for that, then he stood there while we did most the work, it was bizarre((. On the other hand the bell service gentleman who actually brought our luggage to the room was great, exceptional really!

The internet wanes heavily, limited access constantly, annoying....but POR did exactly same thing last Sept....SAB was crowded considering the high was 68*, tomorrow will be warmer. Marketplace has a nice array of souvenirs.

Having a nice time, noticed normal wear & tear of carpets & walls. I haven't heard to much noise through walls or I'm just lucky with quiet neighbors & it's full capacity Vilma said. Have a great night!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
Old 02-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #3388
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Stick around over there long enough and maybe we can have a Dis Boards Mini meet! It may take me awhile to get there so I'll look for you under the table with a pile of Sunkin Treasure glasses!

~NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
My kids had off today and I was actually in the middle of watching the season finale of Downton Abbey, when my DD (7) flipped the channel But, when I saw where Kelly and Michael are for the week, of course, I could not change it back , and yes, I will have to DVR it for the week
Im so jealous we dont have Kelly and Michael here

Quote:
Can you take lots of pics of Stone Harbour pretty pretty please?. I'd love to see how it compares to BC club level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
That sounds like a table that I'd enjoy being under!
I think there's quite a few of us would like to join you under that table- count me in
Old 02-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #3389
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
Seems that I have been living in a mis-informed world. Thanks
I once told a family that was getting off the Friendship boats who was obviously late for something that... "Yes. The charactater meal is right in there" and pointed straight toward the YC . It happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
OOPPSSSS, Yacht Club
Gotcha.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #3390
cmhand30
Princess & The Lost Boys

Wishing I was there already! 17 days!
2008 - Jan - YC CL, Oct - ASM, Dec - POP
2009 - Feb-POFQ, April-BWV, May-BC CL, June-DCL Magic, July-GF CL, Aug-BLT, Sep-BLT, Oct-POP, Dec SSR
2010 - Apr/May - POP/SSR, May - HHI/GF CL, July -SSR, Aug- WL CL, Oct-OKW, Dec-Poly CL
2011 - Feb -OKWX2, Mar - CSR, May - SOG, Jul-GFCL, AUG - CBR/ASSR, Oct -DCL Magic/BCR, Dec - WLR
2012 - Jan-POP/ASM, May - BLT/VWL, Aug-OKW
2013 - Mar - YC CL/BCV, July - SSR, Aug - DCL Dream - 2014 - Sep - DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: