Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #31
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

I'm with everyone else - I LOVE the idea and would absolutely tune in (reminds me of the old chat days when some of the team would be in the room and it would explode!) I love watching the live show but sadly, I'm also at work and my lunch is only 45 min so I find myself able to watch the first show (or part of it, depending on how long it is) and then watching the rest on youtube. But like the others have said, I also wouldn't want this to be a chore. We love you and look forward to the shows every single week. It would be awful if the team began to dread Tuesdays.

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Disneybridein2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #32
auroralark
Lives for vacation

I would watch! So would my DH!

Many trips as a kid! Offsite, CBR, Offsite, POR, All Star Sports, Offsite 3x May/June '07 Disneymoon @ BWI *
Sep '07 @ POR * May '09 @ CR * July '09 @ POP!Disneyland! Dec '09 - Jan '10 * Universal! July '10 * Sep '10 @ CSR
Jan '11 @ Poly * Solo! Oct '11 @POR * Feb '12 @ AKL * Little girl's first trip Sep '14 * Goin' again Sep '15
auroralark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #33
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!

Would you all make snarky comments about those who aren't there, like they do on RuPaul's Drag Race?
lttlmc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #34
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lttlmc3
Would you all make snarky comments about those who aren't there, like they do on RuPaul's Drag Race?
I hope so!

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
DisneyDaddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #35
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

I like the idea. I can listen/ watch at work...of course with many interruptions, but I can't chat during the live show. Would love a chat with the team during a re broadcast.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #36
mjtm610
Mouseketeer

As much as I'm sure we'd all love to be part of the live podcast, we can't.
You are never going to find the perfect time, perfect day......it's always going to be inconvient for someone.
I think to keep the podcast lively and spontaneous you need to do it when it's most convient for you all.

I think it's hard enough with everyones schedules and other obligations, illness, kids, etc.
Remember....KISS!
mjtm610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #37
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Yes, please!!!!!!!!
TinkerChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #38
HollyMac71
Sucks to have a dull life!

Love the idea Pete!
HollyMac71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #39
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Sounds like fun!

Old 02-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #40
tink576
Think of the Happiest Things, Fairies, Princesses and Kings!

Sounds Awesome, I've been watching it in the evening anyway when I get home from work.

tink576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #41
The Running Ann
Mouseketeer

I will likely never be able to watch the live recording, but I can't say that I feel that I have missed out. I will always be an audio listener first and foremost and will watch the "on demand" version (which I am about to do right now) as time permits. That alone is a great offering. Maybe the live rebroadcast option could be used for special topics (such as new ABD or cruise reports) or maybe once a month?

I echo what others have said in that I would love to have the rebroadcast as a possibility, but fear that it would become a chore for the team. Thanks for all of the hard work in continuing to expand and grow the podcast. I think it continues to just get better!
The Running Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #42
nyfinfan
DIS Veteran

I'm in.

Best Western/Cruise - June 1994
POR/Calabay Parc - Sep 2004
Formosa Gardens - Nov 2005
Windsor Hills - May 2007
HRH - Aug 2007
CSR - Aug 2009
Vista Cay - Oct 2011
nyfinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #43
Jubilee
<3 my kids

Sounds like a good idea!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #44
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepandLanding View Post
In my humble opinion, I would shoot the shows whenever it is most convenient for the team. That way it will continue to be fun, and not become intrusive or burdensome to the team members. I love the podcast, but love the video show even more. For me it doesn't need to be live, it's absolutely awesome the way it is! Thank you team for all the research, information, and entertainment!
I agree 100% with this. The "live-ness" of the show is neat, but it is a novelty that will wear off for many. The real benefit of the new format is the visual aspect, not the "live" aspect. So I wouldn't worry too much (or at all) about folks who can't be glued to their computers at 1:00 on Tuesdays, and there is no real need to placate them by offering some other content later in the day that they may not be able to catch live either. In the end, folks who watch the video feed at 7:00 pm on Wednesday are getting every bit as much enjoyment and benefit as those who watched it live at 1:00 pm on Tuesdays. The only thing that the "taped" viewers are missig is the ability to chat and tweet during the broadcast, and that is such an insignificant part of the programming content that it is hardly worth worrying about.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #45
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV

In the end, folks who watch the video feed at 7:00 pm on Wednesday are getting every bit as much enjoyment and benefit as those who watched it live at 1:00 pm on Tuesdays. The only thing that the "taped" viewers are missig is the ability to chat and tweet during the broadcast, and that is such an insignificant part of the programming content that it is hardly worth worrying about.
Speak for yourself. Many of us have been there from the beginning, watching the show evolve into what it is today and remember how much fun chat would be when the team was there. The opportunity to chat while watching gives that same feeling- one community joining in for a common interest. I had to watch last Tuesday's show on YouTube and definitely felt like I was missing out. I love being part of this community -- not just The Dis, but The Dis Unplugged board.

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Disneybridein2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: