DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #121
zavandor
DIS Veteran

To fix the problem they made me register again!
That was a good thing, because I had used an old account with an email as the userID and didn't know I could change it. I didn't like it because it's an old email I don't use much anymore.
So now I can login and also have a much better username

I'm now ready to book tomorrow the last two days of my stay in September.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #122
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

I called in, hoping it was simple problem with my zip as mentioned above. Sadly, I was informed that a "select subset" of members who use handles for login rather than email addresses were affected. It is a "known issue" on their end w/out any target date/time for remedy.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #123
DMKEDM
DIS Veteran

So far (fingers crossed), I can log in but I cannot do online check-in...in fact, when I click on any of the links (online check-in, dining) under my "upcoming vacations," where I wind up is completely random...

Good thing I don't "have to" do online check-in...but I sure hope my reservations are really there...it looks like they are, and I printed out the confirmation to take with me next weekend, but it sure doesn't give one a feeling of confidence!
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #124
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
To fix the problem they made me register again!
That was a good thing, because I had used an old account with an email as the userID and didn't know I could change it. I didn't like it because it's an old email I don't use much anymore.
So now I can login and also have a much better username

I'm now ready to book tomorrow the last two days of my stay in September.
I might have to do that. I can log into the regular disney site using my email and a different password, but my dvc login is a handle, not my email and a different password. Since it keeps asking for a club ID and pin to link the accounts I think I will call MS back to get this info and see if it helps.

Also, I didn't realize my wife and I could get separate log in info as a PP stated. She can't ever remember my stuff, and I would like her to log in from time to time so she can play with the site, and not constantly ask me
Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #125
bwang123

i called 407-939-7765 option 2 and they fixed it. i had 4 other accounts associated with my email so i deactivated those and now i just have one with my username. not sure how they fixed my original account but he did it rather quickly.

make sure you tell them the exact username or they may create another account for you. they did this on my first call.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #126
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
I called in, hoping it was simple problem with my zip as mentioned above. Sadly, I was informed that a "select subset" of members who use handles for login rather than email addresses were affected. It is a "known issue" on their end w/out any target date/time for remedy.
Same here. I am also in the select subset.

Just called the 407-939-7765 option 2 and I am now reconnected to the WDW site, but still can't access the DVC site.

But...this CM said the problem should be fixed by late today or early tomorrow according to the latest update.

Okay, it is fixed for me and I got in. Plus - success! Got the room I wanted!

Last edited by Judique; 02-18-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Judique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #127
Sammie
DIS Veteran

It is so weird that some have problems and some of us don't. It is definitely a mess.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #128
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
It is so weird that some have problems and some of us don't. It is definitely a mess.
No kidding. And the "zip code" issue that I supposedly had is not like anyone else's problem and yet all of us started having the troubles at the same time. I am still suspicious that my activity yesterday checking in for 2 upcoming trips may have precipitated my problems. If it was, indeed, a zip code problem, I wonder if the zip code of my sister might have been populated to that field somewhere. She is listed as lead on one of the reservations, even though I am also in the room (thanks to another Disney tech glitch). I wish I had thought to ask what the "wrong" zip code was.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #129
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
No kidding. And the "zip code" issue that I supposedly had is not like anyone else's problem and yet all of us started having the troubles at the same time. I am still suspicious that my activity yesterday checking in for 2 upcoming trips may have precipitated my problems. If it was, indeed, a zip code problem, I wonder if the zip code of my sister might have been populated to that field somewhere. She is listed as lead on one of the reservations, even though I am also in the room (thanks to another Disney tech glitch). I wish I had thought to ask what the "wrong" zip code was.
You know, I checked into OKW for our upcoming trip March 28th. I wonder if that did something. I'm all for changing and upgrading computer systems, but shut the whole thing down and fix it. It has to be quicker that way.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #130
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Heck, I can't even get the login screen to come up. It now just gives me the registeration screen. Like I'm suppose to know my activiation code from 8 years ago....really?

As for cleaning up your accounts, just go to DME (you don't have to log in) and under passholder, there is a link for registering your account....it's called name recovery (something like that). You can enter your email and it will send you a link so that you can check to see what is tied to that email. You can then set your primary account.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #131
M5ward
When You Wish Upon A Star...

This is getting old...way too many glitches. Several days ago I went onto the DVC Member website to bank points on one of our contracts. I completed the transaction (or thought I did) easily. I took a screen shot of the transaction as a reminder that I had done it while I waited for the confirmation e-mail. The e-mail never came, so I went onto the site tonight...and there they were...my unbanked points. I called MS to bank them and they also showed those points as not having been banked.
I only remembered to check after seeing another thread on a different site.
They need to get this stuff straightened out.

Nov., 1981 (CR),Nov., 1983 (CR),Dec., 1994 (off-site),Jan., 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), Jan., 2007 (SSR), Nov., 2007 (SSR), Feb., 2008 (BWV), Oct., 2008 (OKW), Jan., 2009 (BWV),Oct., 2009 (BCV), Jan., 2010 (BWV), Oct., 2010 (OKW),Jan., 2011 (BWV), Nov., 2011 (OKW)
Jan., 2012 (BLT),Apr., 2012 (BWV)Nov./Dec.,2012 (BWV), Jan, 2013 (BLT), , Apr, 2013 (BCV)Oct2013(BWV)
M5ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #132
iluvdisney
DIS Veteran/DVC Member
Mr & Mrs Mallard have come home!

Glad I found this thread because I could not get into my membership info today and it does not like my login name - will try again tomorrow or I will be calling again tomorrow since I had some info I wanted to look over.

Grammie loves her grands!
iluvdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #133
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Definitely maddening I am sure. I keep checking when others report they can't get in and I have not had any trouble.

Now my accounts are merged and I sign in both DVC and Disney with the same user name and same password, so I don't know if that is making the difference or not.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #134
lin7
DIS Veteran

I had my sister register herself for the dvc website and it's working fine under her username. Myself I still cant log in since Sunday night. Although you can see the ressies I made even under her account, we cant remove a ressies cause she's not the original person who booked it, although her name is also on the ressie.

I missed out picking up a bay lake ressie cause I wasnt able to cancel the current ressie.
lin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #135
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I can't get into either DVC or DCL, even though DCL suposedly changed my password.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: