Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
majrn75
Earning My Ears

Question ? AP's

We have decided to get AP's for our upcoming trip. Is there anywhere we can get AP's anywhere that are not paper tickets? Thanks in advance!!

Melissa
Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

No, sorry.
All APs are tyvek tickets (not really paper), and are fairly indestructible.
I've had my fair share of attempts at destroying mine over the years, including laundry and whatnot, and they pretty well live up to the challenge.
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureJumpr View Post
No, sorry.
All APs are tyvek tickets (not really paper), and are fairly indestructible.
I've had my fair share of attempts at destroying mine over the years, including laundry and whatnot, and they pretty well live up to the challenge.
This. The tyvek is incredibly durable. We had 30+ park days with our AP in 2011 and we did not need to get it replaced, despite riding Kali River Rapids and Splash Mountain on multiple occasions.

They use the stuff to wrap houses as a vapor barrier, and there's a great photo of new fantasyland construction with the tyvek layer being applied.

As another Diser said- "When was the last time you saw Disney build an attraction out of old room keys?"

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majrn75 View Post
We have decided to get AP's for our upcoming trip. Is there anywhere we can get AP's anywhere that are not paper tickets? Thanks in advance!!
Only Tyvek ("paper") AP's for now.

Looks like guests will be able to trade them in for an RFID wristbands in the future.
Just don't know if that will be before your trip.

You'll know it here as soon as it's announced.
Stay tuned.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
majrn75
Earning My Ears

Thank your for the information. Did not realize they were no longer paper. I am terrible about washing stuff i leave in my pockets, so i can only image what I would have done to it!!

Melissa
Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
Robo

Quote:
Did not realize they were no longer paper.
They've been Tyvek for years and years.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Sandy Fisher
DIS Veteran

Oddly enough, when we lived in FL, we got ours at AAA and they gave us the vinyl (like a credit card material) and we had to exchange them for the real deal at Disney. We used ours every year all year -- lots and lots -- and they hold up amazingly well.
Sandy Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I just accidentally washed mine last night. Not even a scratch. The paper sleeve it stays in completely disintegrated, though...

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

btdt... lol

If you ask nicely at guest services, they will replace the sleeve
Old 02-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #10
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank your for the information. Did not realize they were no longer paper. I am terrible about washing stuff i leave in my pockets, so i can only image what I would have done to it!!

Melissa
And even if you do totally screw up your annual pass, it's VERY easily replaceable. All you need to do is show your photo ID and a replacement is reissued within minutes. Trust me, I know.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
mikat
Mouseketeer

Actually, I got my new AP in January and I don't know if it was a odd situation, but the CM at Guest Relations at DHS gave me a *paper* AP. It's a paper ticket with the line "Annual Renewal" printed on it. He said it was because they are going to RFID cards soon, but they aren't ready to switch over yet. I told him I wasn't coming back until the summer at the earliest and he printed it on paper stock, and that I could switch it to the RFID ticket (and wristbadn, I assume?) on my next trip.

Also, I may be a person who just collects odd APs - my first (and only other) AP was printed on the KTTW stock (I purchased it at the concierge desk at my resort).
First Trip Ever - Poly - November 2010 * * * Star Wars Weekend - Dolphin - June 2011 * * * Solo Trip - Pop Century - January 2012 * * * Dream a Little Dream Disney 4-Night Cruise - March 2012 * * * Couples Trip to Disneyland - July 2012 * * * Work Conference in WDW - Pop Century - July 2012 * * * Mom & Boys Trip - Pop Century and Wyndham Bonnet Creek - August 2012 * * * Work Conference in WDW - Pop Century - January 2013 * * * Couples Trip - Animal Kingdom Lodge - August 2013 * * * WDW - DCL Christmas in the World and on the Dream - Art of Animation - December 2013 * * * Work Conference in WDW - Yacht Club - March 2014 * * * Mommy & Son Trip - Caribbean Beach - July 2014
mikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikat View Post
Actually, I got my new AP in January and I don't know if it was a odd situation, but the CM at Guest Relations at DHS gave me a *paper* AP.
AP's have been "paper" (Tyvek) for years and years.

Quote:
Also, I may be a person who just collects odd APs - my first (and only other) AP was printed on the KTTW stock (I purchased it at the concierge desk at my resort).
There was a very brief time within the last couple of years when the resorts could sell AP's.
By default, they had to be printed on the resort's plastic stock.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
mikat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
AP's have been "paper" (Tyvek) for years and years.
It appears, then, that I've been confused for years - are APs printed on the same "paper" (Tyvek) that MYW/YES tickets are printed on? I always thought that MYW tickets were printed on paper (easily ripped) and APs were on Tyvek, which was more durable. Since the only other AP I have had was on resort plastic stock, I haven't had the chance to compare.

Interesting how you get an idea in your head based on the work "paper"!
First Trip Ever - Poly - November 2010 * * * Star Wars Weekend - Dolphin - June 2011 * * * Solo Trip - Pop Century - January 2012 * * * Dream a Little Dream Disney 4-Night Cruise - March 2012 * * * Couples Trip to Disneyland - July 2012 * * * Work Conference in WDW - Pop Century - July 2012 * * * Mom & Boys Trip - Pop Century and Wyndham Bonnet Creek - August 2012 * * * Work Conference in WDW - Pop Century - January 2013 * * * Couples Trip - Animal Kingdom Lodge - August 2013 * * * WDW - DCL Christmas in the World and on the Dream - Art of Animation - December 2013 * * * Work Conference in WDW - Yacht Club - March 2014 * * * Mommy & Son Trip - Caribbean Beach - July 2014
mikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It appears, then, that I've been confused for years - are APs printed on the same "paper" (Tyvek) that MYW/YES tickets are printed on? I always thought that MYW tickets were printed on paper (easily ripped) and APs were on Tyvek, which was more durable. Since the only other AP I have had was on resort plastic stock, I haven't had the chance to compare.

Interesting how you get an idea in your head based on the work "paper"!
At the park ticket booths they only have one stock. All AP, MYW, YES, COMP or any other ticket comes out of the same machine.

The issue is that a lot people call the Tyvek stock "paper" or cardboard.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: