Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #46
Crystal Brewer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Brewer
Monkeys?? Bouncing off thread here yet my DS(16) ask does AK have monkeys and idk as this is our first WDW trip!?! Thanx for any info
I should add I'm aware of the larger gorillas yet he's more of a fan of the smaller
Crystal Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #47
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

I also have never seen the bird show... taking our 26th trip in May! I might just give it a try! We always spend at least 2 days at AK, just have never done the bird show.

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Bay Lake AKL and Boardwalk December 14

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #48
nym4588
Mouseketeer

I really loved Lion King, much more than I expected to. I hope you see it!
nym4588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:38 AM   #49
karly05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
We skipped it for years.
Then, took a chance one trip...

It's not your typical "bird show."
It's DISNEY!

Just see it.
I saw Flights of Wonder for the first time this past Saturday and I second this. Definitely do it! ("Baby Elvis" came right over my head!) They also did a pre-show outside the theatre where a handler did a demonstration with one of the birds that was neat.

I had a wonderful day at AK this past Saturday, and here's what I did:
Met my heroes, Russell & Dug from Up
Kilimanjaro Safari
Pangani Forest trail
Finding Nemo musical (I LOVE this show!)
Lunch of honey chicken and egg roll from Anandapur/Yak & Yeti counter svc
Flights of Wonder
Maharajah Jungle Trek (always a must do, I love the tigers)
Festival of the Lion King (I'm not a Lion King fan, and even I enjoy this)
Jammin' Jungle Parade (finally saw this for the first time!)

I don't do Everest. Never done Dinosaur, which gets mostly negative reviews here. Usually do "Tough to be a Bug," which I think is really fun (then again, Hopper is one of my favorite characters ever), but skipped it this trip. Be advised that you are likely to get SOAKED beyond imagination on Kali.

I really like AK and would never want to skip it. (But then again, I could never bring myself to skip any of the parks.)
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #50
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05

I saw Flights of Wonder for the first time this past Saturday and I second this. Definitely do it! ("Baby Elvis" came right over my head!) They also did a pre-show outside the theatre where a handler did a demonstration with one of the birds that was neat.

I had a wonderful day at AK this past Saturday, and here's what I did:
Met my heroes, Russell & Dug from Up
Kilimanjaro Safari
Pangani Forest trail
Finding Nemo musical (I LOVE this show!)
Lunch of honey chicken and egg roll from Anandapur/Yak & Yeti counter svc
Flights of Wonder
Maharajah Jungle Trek (always a must do, I love the tigers)
Festival of the Lion King (I'm not a Lion King fan, and even I enjoy this)
Jammin' Jungle Parade (finally saw this for the first time!)

I don't do Everest. Never done Dinosaur, which gets mostly negative reviews here. Usually do "Tough to be a Bug," which I think is really fun (then again, Hopper is one of my favorite characters ever), but skipped it this trip. Be advised that you are likely to get SOAKED beyond imagination on Kali.

I really like AK and would never want to skip it. (But then again, I could never bring myself to skip any of the parks.)
Do Dinosaur. I think it's fun. But more importantly the whome are is incredibly themed

At least stroll thru it

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #51
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

With everyone getting soaked on Kali, do they provide towels to dry off after?
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #52
SolitaryPhoenix
Mouseketeer

We love AK, and I'm another vote to squeeze in Rafiki's Planet Watch if you can. We go pretty much every time we go to AK, and that's been almost every time we go to WDW! While you're on the train, you get to see the barns and other buildings the animals go to for sleeping and care; there are often animals in those areas, and the last time there were several white rhinos out and about! The train is a break from walking - but when you get there you're walking again, there's a path leading from the train station to the actual building holding Planet Watch. On the path there are a couple of stopping points; one holds cute little monkeys (I think they're called tamarins), there's another especially for little children (which we don't stop for because there are no little kids with our normal traveling party right now!). When you get there, there are several different areas; we love the Song of the Rainforest booths, the 'conservation station' area where you may see animals in the surgical area, see and feel all the different kinds of food the animals get, Rafiki is often there; in the past we've seen Jiminy Cricket and Pocahontas there, but I think they've changed that. They've always had an animal of some kind exhibited, up close and personal; some can be touched, some can't! They've had several lizards; I own a Bearded Dragon, so it was interesting to see one exhibited there! The last time we were there, just last weekend, they had a beautiful redbacked hawk - you couldn't touch her, but you could get reeeaaaallly close! Amazing! And I've yet to see any little kid that doesn't love a petting zoo, and quite a few adults too! If you like looking for Hidden Mickeys, don't just walk past the amazing animal mural in the entryway! I definitely recommend Rafiki's Planet Watch.
11/04 ~ PC | 10/3-10/8/05 ~ PC | 12/16-12/18/05 ~ CS | 1/27-1/29/06 ~ split PC/CS | 3/3-3/5/06 ~ POR | 9/24-9/30/06 ~ split Swan/POR | 6/6-6/9/07 ~ PC | 6/8-6/14/08 ~ POR ~ DD 1st visit! | 9/12-9/14/08 ~ AKV Jambo ~ 1st as DVC members! | 12/19-12/21/08 ~ WL [DVC] | 5/10-5/14/09 ~ AKV Jambo [DVC] | 6/5-6/7/09 ~ PC |7/26-7/28/09 ~ OKW [DVC] with DD | 9/17-9/19/10 ~ AKV Jambo [DVC] ~ Mom's 75th, whole family's coming! | 6/24-6/26/11 ~ FW with DD|6/1-6/3/12 ~ FW with DD, nephew + friends | 6/24-6/29/12 ~ AKV Jambo [DVC] ~ My '50 Is The New 40' Birthday Celebration! |8/9-8/12/12 ~ FW with DD + friend | 9/21-23/12 ~ AKV [DVC] ~ first stay at Kidani! | 2/8-2/10/13 ~ PC | 3/2-3/3/13 ~ PC w/ DD + friend | 5/10-5/12/13 ~ CS w/ DD ~ Solo Camping Trip!| 9/13 - 9/16/13 ~ AKV-Kidani | April 4 thru 6, 2014 ~ AKV-Kidani ~ Flower & Garden | June 21 to June 22, 2014 ~ WL ~ DD and me!
September 4 thru 7, 2014 ~ Disney Dream cruise with the family! || September 27 to September 28, 2014 ~ OKW ~ aunt/nephew time! || November 13 thru 16, 2014 ~ FW ~ camping with DD
SolitaryPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #53
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Brewer

I should add I'm aware of the larger gorillas yet he's more of a fan of the smaller
DAK has colobus monkeys on the Pangani trail. There are mandrills on the safari.

Also there r cotton top tamarins at Rafikis Planet Watch. Around the Tree of Life are tso types of tamarins and two kinds of lemurs

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #54
Crystal Brewer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride

DAK has colobus monkeys on the Pangani trail. There are mandrills on the safari.

Also there r cotton top tamarins at Rafikis Planet Watch. Around the Tree of Life are tso types of tamarins and two kinds of lemurs
Thanks much I think I'll keep location to myself just so I can see his face He absolutely loves them lol His thought is to turn my glass coffee table into an aquarium for finger monkeys rofl
Crystal Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #55
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

our 1st trip we went to its tough to.be a bug with my DS who was 3 at the time .... he was terrified and was scared to go to any shows the rest of the trip!

we laugh about it now, but at the time it was not funny

we love FOTLK!!!

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
tammilynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: