Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
delux
Earning My Ears

Room request dilemma

I am checking in this Friday, yay! Staying at POR with my old college roommate. Normally we wouldn't care about room requests so I paid for "standard room" But a friend of mine will be joining us for one night so now we may need the Murphy Bed.
So if I request a room with a Murphy Bed are we going to end up way in the back of the resort (translation very far from MORNING COFFEE) Not that I wouldn't be that close to begin with because like I said, I did not pay for a preferred room (close to coffee, lol)
I looked at a couple of threads but I couldn't figure out what buildings have the Murphy beds.
Wilderness Lodge 2005
Dolphin March 2012
Boardwalk/Saratoga Springs March 2014
delux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

As far as distance goes, I am not sure. However, from my understanding, the murphy beds aren't really adult-sized. The evening the friend joins you on your trip, two of you may just have to share a bed?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

"Additionally, all of the Alligator Bayou rooms (including the Alligator Bayou King Bed rooms) include an extra fold-down Murphy bed located over the banquette bench seat. These beds are about 63" x 30" and are suitable for most children aged up to about 12-13 years, but would probably be too small for adults over about 5' 3" tall. Note: the only way to guarantee this feature is by having a party of five people at Riverside, or by booking a Preferred Location room"

Quoted from the portorleans.org website if that helps.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delux View Post
I am checking in this Friday, yay! Staying at POR with my old college roommate. Normally we wouldn't care about room requests so I paid for "standard room" But a friend of mine will be joining us for one night so now we may need the Murphy Bed.
So if I request a room with a Murphy Bed are we going to end up way in the back of the resort (translation very far from MORNING COFFEE) Not that I wouldn't be that close to begin with because like I said, I did not pay for a preferred room (close to coffee, lol)
I looked at a couple of threads but I couldn't figure out what buildings have the Murphy beds.
AB has the murphy beds, but they are reserved for families of 5, as needed.

You can request it, but then for the entire week, you may be in one of the most secluded buildings in the AB section, when you only wanted the extra bed for one night.

The beds are queen sized; honestly, I stayed with 3 other adults for an entire week when they were doubles, and we didn't have any issues.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: