Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #16
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook

How will they know their return time? And when will all those machines be fitted with the new RFID reader? This is strange indeed.
They did this at hurricane harbor water park. You would swipe your wrist band at a kiosk. You picked the water ride you wanted from a list with return times. I guess if you forget your return time you can swipe at the kiosk again and it would tell the return time.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #17
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT
He said that guests will still be able to get FPs in the park (not the paper type you get now, you'll swipe your card/wrist band and be assigned a return window)..
Did he more more FP then the 4? Or just be able to get FP when you get there in case you didn't book any?

There's a big difference...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #18
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie

Did he more more FP then the 4? Or just be able to get FP when you get there in case you didn't book any?

There's a big difference...
I didn't ask, so I can't say. I could give you my guess, but that's all it would be....
I would guess you could use the in park system to your hearts content, within whatever the in park parameters are at the time (like the window system they have now). That would keep from becoming an issue all the hoards of guests that will otherwise crowd guest relations with things like "well, an ADR opened up in Epcot and I have my ride in MK and no hopper". The CM can say, that's fine, you can go to a kiosk and pick a new FP from what's available....

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
Old 02-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #19
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I wonder how many people will burn a FP+ to pre order a CS meal?

Maybe if they branched out the tiers more. 4 FP+ total. 1 e ticket, 2 regular attractions, and 1 CS meal, parade spot or fireworks?

If it is only three FP+, it would be hard to use one for a speedy lunch order.
You think to much!
(But thoughts are much appreciated. )
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #20
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

So far this sounds good to me. I hope it's in place by my July trip.

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR

Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #21
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

This info sounds much better than what was previously rumored and speculated. I hope its true. The whole fireworks and parade viewing still doesn't sound that great to me though. I can 't help but think of World of Color in DCA. You need a FP to be anywhere where you can see the projections, but still have to stake out a spot 90 min to make sure you have a unobstructed view with that FP.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #22
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Thanks for passing this along.

Well, 4 is better than 3. When we were able to tryout the new FP+ system last Sept, we were able to prebook 4 events so that seems to correlate with what you heard. ...although the general thought around here is that you would only be able to get 3 per day. 3 is far too few IMO.

So did it sound like you could prebook 4 FP's plus get some others while you're in the park as well?

Dan
Old 02-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #23
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

I'm really hoping they have this up and going by our trip the last week in June. We usually have more days in the parks than we do this trip and this would help us tremendously! If we are able to pre select 3-4 FP a day before we go, will we be able to select the rides in various times to compliment our touring plan? For example, set up afternoon FPs for BTMR if we are planning on heading to that side after lunch.

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstate70s View Post
This info sounds much better than what was previously rumored and speculated. I hope its true. The whole fireworks and parade viewing still doesn't sound that great to me though. I can 't help but think of World of Color in DCA. You need a FP to be anywhere where you can see the projections, but still have to stake out a spot 90 min to make sure you have a unobstructed view with that FP.
Vice President in charge of MyMagic+ Nick Franklin specifically said 3 prebook FP+. I wouldn't call that rumors or speculation. Things may change to four, but he did say that in his interviews January 7.

The average attendance at Animal Kingdom during the summer is over 30,000 people per day. That park doesn't even have the capacity for 3 FP+ per person, so 4 would be much more tough to pull off. 120,000 FP+ per day would need to come from somewhere. That would mean a whole lot of people ordering CS meals in advance. MK is the only park that can handle that type of FP demand. And 60,000 or more people a day, 240,000 FP is a big number. To meet that demand, people would have to use FP+ for its a small world and stitch.

With FP+ they have to reserve the four each expected guest whether the people use them or not. So, there can't be a lot left over for walk ups. Virtually none in the other three parks.

The wildcard here is how many FP+ will be taken for fireworks or parades. Will that number be in the hundreds or the thousands?
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #25
Lorilais_mommie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFive
Thanks for passing this along.

So did it sound like you could prebook 4 FP's plus get some others while you're in the park as well?

Dan
This is what we are all wishing for!
However in terms and con. Limited to 4 per day..
We just don't know if that 4 pre-booked ones or 4 total!

Most people are going for 4 TOTAL! Just based on what info has been released.

This is awful for most of us advanced planners, b/c we can easily get between 6-8 FP per day.. Based on crowds and park hours..

Now on the other hand, if we can book 4 and then go to the park and still get more FPs
That would be wonderful.. It would not punish people who get up for RD and do the work a ahead of time..
I think it would also keep those standby lines from getting so long..

Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #26
Lorilais_mommie

Quote:

The wildcard here is how many FP+ will be taken for fireworks or parades. Will that number be in the hundreds or the thousands?
Well of its anything like world of color I would expect thousands!
I couldn't believe the number of FPs people's led up for this... We got lucky, and a CM let us into the dinner package area b/c it was our anniversary!
However I'm not sure if world of color locked you out for 2hours tho..

Old 02-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #27
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Well of its anything like world of color I would expect thousands!
I couldn't believe the number of FPs people's led up for this... We got lucky, and a CM let us into the dinner package area b/c it was our anniversary!
However I'm not sure if world of color locked you out for 2hours tho..
Do people really need a FP+ for Wishes or illuminations though? I can't imagine thousands for those.

Maybe Fantasmic! 10,000 people per show, how many FP + for that. If I was going to burn one on a parade or fireworks maybe I would choose F! To avoid the wait.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #28
Lorilais_mommie

Quote:

Do people really need a FP+ for Wishes or illuminations though? I can't imagine thousands for those.

Maybe Fantasmic! 10,000 people per show, how many FP + for that. If I was going to burn one on a parade or fireworks maybe I would choose F! To avoid the wait.
I agree with you...

However AAA firework view goes quickly and almost impossible to get if you don't book it when you book your trip with them.. If that offers any insite

Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #29
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
I agree with you...

However AAA firework view goes quickly and almost impossible to get if you don't book it when you book your trip with them.. If that offers any insite
I think it could be a great way for Disney to absorb FP+. Parades too, I just don't know how many locations they could have to take in that many people. When I am there, I hope everyone selects stitch, parades, meet and greets, fireworks, and quick service meals. Then there will be no problem with waits for the rides!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #30
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

You're never going to convince me that there are enough FP slots to allow everyone to prebook 4 slots, then have access to same day in the park FPs and also allow APs to prebook 4 per day any day of the year they might want to go. (If that were me, I'd book a bunch in advance just on the off chance I might want to go. Or maybe every weekend, just to keep my options open).

This will definitely be interesting to watch unfold.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: