Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #736
MEK
DIS Veteran

What a view and what a great way to spend Valentine's Day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #737
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Seeing as it is Dinosaurs Marv, you would qualify
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #738
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I knew you would like that
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #739
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
yep glad you were not busy when i texted you so i could vent a little.
Always here to help............. well, when I'm not.....

Quote:
ill believe you this time, and look forward to your update in may.
MAYbe.........

Quote:
After dinner we decided to live it up and go to the signature room on the 96th floor of the hancock tower the rest of my pictures from this room wont transfer from my phone right now so i just have this one that the flash really whited candi out but you still get the idea.

it really intensified that lipstick as well.
You need to take that girl on a trip to Disney soon so she can work on getting a little sun.............

Looks like a fun trip! I haven't watched Chicago Fire yet. Not sure if it is because there is something else on that night, or if maybe that is one of the nights I don't get to watch much TV. Can't remember which night it is on.....

Quote:
Okay Ms. Dementia Lady........ at least I wasn't around when they actually WALKED on this earth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Quote:
I knew you would like that
Two of a kind!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 02-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #740
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Okay Ms. Dementia Lady........ at least I wasn't around when they actually WALKED on this earth!!!

Two of a kind!!!
Touche mu friend
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #741
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Had no idea that Chicago Fire was filmed at a real station- very cool pictures! The city makes a great backdrop on that picture of you and Candi!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop), January 2015 (ASMo)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney

Nike+: secondaryhoney
Add me and let's run!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #742
pjfranklin
Addicted To Disney!!!

Beautiful Family!!! Looks like you all had tons of fun!!!

Visit My Blog
http://dizneymama92.blogspot.com/?zx=43edeb10eccb8024

1st Visit September 2013- AOA ( Finding Nemo)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:51 AM   #743
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Storybook Circus is a fun area for both kids and adults.
Her Tink dress is adorable.
That is great for him on Splash Mountain. Handled it much than Vinny.
I love that seat by the window to see the boats on IASW. Maybe in 2 weeks I will sit there. :O)
Noelle’s face on Peoplemover is too cute.
Taking the train is always fun to do.
We had to sit through the same COP scene twice. I wonder if that was the reason for us.
Great parade pics.
Great pics at TL. I would love to try it once and also do the swim with sharks.
That is too bad about Parker at T-Rex.
Glad to see he was able to get his dino.
Your safari pics came out really good.
Fun trip to Chicago. I love that show.
All caught up again.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #744
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Chicago is such an awesome city. And I love that view from the Hancock Tower.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #745
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Whenever my husband gets a job. He is the bread winner, so it has to pay well as well. He has been looking for about 6 months and no luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What a view and what a great way to spend Valentine's Day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Always here to help............. well, when I'm not.....

MAYbe.........

You need to take that girl on a trip to Disney soon so she can work on getting a little sun.............
i know looking a little pasty huh?

darn white flash not being kind do her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Looks like a fun trip! I haven't watched Chicago Fire yet. Not sure if it is because there is something else on that night, or if maybe that is one of the nights I don't get to watch much TV. Can't remember which night it is on.....
its on during the week, or that one day ending in Y forget right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
Had no idea that Chicago Fire was filmed at a real station- very cool pictures! The city makes a great backdrop on that picture of you and Candi!
yep sure is...they guys who work there for real were very nice to show us around and tell us anything we wanted to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfranklin View Post
Beautiful Family!!! Looks like you all had tons of fun!!!
and thanks very much...does that little one belong to you sitting in the toilet...(something i never thought i would say or type) on your picture under your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Storybook Circus is a fun area for both kids and adults.
Her Tink dress is adorable.
That is great for him on Splash Mountain. Handled it much than Vinny.
I love that seat by the window to see the boats on IASW. Maybe in 2 weeks I will sit there. :O)
Noelle’s face on Peoplemover is too cute.
Taking the train is always fun to do.
We had to sit through the same COP scene twice. I wonder if that was the reason for us.
Great parade pics.
Great pics at TL. I would love to try it once and also do the swim with sharks.
That is too bad about Parker at T-Rex.
Glad to see he was able to get his dino.
Your safari pics came out really good.
Fun trip to Chicago. I love that show.
All caught up again.
thats awesome you get to go back again so soon scott.

i hope you get to tryout the water parks some time, i think you would have a really good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Chicago is such an awesome city. And I love that view from the Hancock Tower.
it sure is we love visiting there...i found out that the area we were in is also open at lunch time so plan to take the kids up there next time we visit the city.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #746
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Chapter 34. Not another melt down?

Chapter 34. Not another melt down?

With out pasty snack complete we headed back in to use our fast passes for the safari.

We saw a huge amount of giraffes again, and they were very close to our vehicles once again.

We then saw on the far away hill where they were storing the zebras for the time being while they built there home...They were located just across the old crickety bridge.

And who doesnt like a little baby elephant picture.

And not to be outdone by the baby elephant the baby rhino and his mommy were hanging out as well.

At this point i started to think that if there was not the whole issue of this giant vehicle i was in, this guy would seriously consider taking a shot at me.
just look at that face staring us down.

After our second safari ride of the morning. we were off on the train to the rafiki area, parker was loving the train that morning just like he loves all trains.

One of our favorite hidden mickeys and one of the first we ever found before we even knew what hidden mickeys were.

if u end up riding back there check out the bathrooms they have some fun soundtracks playing in there, or the guy in the stall had some really unusual talents.

Rafiki was out and about greeting his quests so we stopped to say hi...Parker wasnt feeling him at first but once he saw his sister go up and say hi and get an autograph he had no problem going up and getting one of his own.

didnt see pocahontas back there like we have in the past, hoping to find her later in the day.

checking out the local wildlife that was on display.

I thought this little animatronic gator was neat.

Parker and i petted his tail.

Noelle wanted in on this action, and i made sure to tell her to pet not squeeze him...she did very well.

we looked in the animal research/exam room and didnt see anything to peek our interest.
No wife almost fainting this time around (read the 1 year anniversary trip for that back story)

It was time to talk to the nutrionist about the food she was measuring out for the animals...I would stop and talk to them it was pretty interesting to hear all about there diets and such.

Then we moved outside to see the goats. At first parker said he just wanted to walk around then he said he was up for brushing a goat.

He found a friendly one to brush and really enjoyed it.

We also spotted this guy with a funky hair cut. Nothing like sucking up to your boss.

After we saw everything we wanted to see, we headed back on the train to the jungle trek, where we checked out the huge fish tank.

and im sure if there wasnt the danger of this big guy totally crushing you, he would be fun to use as a pillow.

From there we went and had lunch. we ate at flame tree BBQ and the line was really long with a bunch of angry people who were not getting all of there orders or no orders at all...almost 15 minutes later we got our food and i went off to find the family holding down a table.

we enjoyed the food but not sure how quick we will be back. We really enjoy pizzafari so that will most likely win out next trip.

It was time for NEMO.

we made it just in time to get in and get seats down on the left hand side with great views.

on with the show.

once the show was over we headed out....wait a minute you might be thinking no pictures of the show even if they are dark and blurry.

WELLLLL......

as soon as the show started the lights went out and they start the scene with the mean looking fish that eats all the fish eggs right...well, parker hit the floor and was under my legs.

No smooth talking to get him out at all...even when the bright scenes started up shortly after.

he wanted nothing to do with it.

so instead of fighting with him and keeping him scared we left the show...with short memories from the night before we started to all get angry with each other...well we dialed it back in before it got to the night before approach we had. and were off to find something fun for parker to do.

so to the dino area it was.

we took a few spins on the tricaratops to get his mind off it and to relax everyone. no pictures of it but we had video as everyone was still not fully happy after the whole nemo show

then it was on to the dino dig sites for some fun, there was a huge t-rex skeleton that they checked out.

parker and then climbed all the way up in the rope nets to see what there was to offer we had a really good time up there.

that is all for this time.

this was another point that you hate as a parent, you think that you would learn the first time to not get angry with a situation like the night before, but we found that we did get upset again when we left nemo.
It is all a learning process and do we always get it right as parents, nope, do we sometimes fail, yep, do we crash spectacularly after having a similar situation less than 24 hours earlier. absolutely. just learn to move on and keep trying to get it right.

we have one more shot coming up this day to see if we can figure out how to work with and solve the whole getting scared on rides event. but that is a story for another chapter and another day.

and sorry for so much time from the last update, i just figured out how to find my pictures onthe new photobucket.(i hate there changes.)

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #748
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update Dan !! I am gonna try FTB again in October on the Free Trip!!! I am not a huge Ribs fan, but I do remember seeing someone with a Turkey Sandwich that looked delish and I remember the Lime dessert was tasty!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #749
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Great safari pics

We discovered Rafiki's Train thing 2 years ago and really enjoyed that. Lot of fun over there and interesting stuff to learn about.

Bummer on the long wait for food

Poor Parker getting scared again. It is hard not to get upset as you want the perfect vacation and for everyone to have fun. Every parent makes mistakes and takes awhile to learn not worth getting upset with them. Been There Done That.

Looks like you redeemed yourself in the DINO area. Looks like a lot of fun there
Old 02-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #750
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Every parent gets frustrated or goes through times when they might be a little hyper sensitive but it doesn't mean anything other than we're human n we all have our moments.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: