Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #61
magicbob
Moratorium lifted on discussing the "line reservation system that shall not be named" now that it's been proven that it's more than just a handful of "haters" who have concerns with it.

And apparently you will only be able to get ONE FP for EE under FP+... not to mention that you will likely have to choose between EE or Kali or KS or Dinosaur. Ugh!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #62
#1DopeyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
FPs still run out pretty quickly for TSM (usually before 11 during quieter times, earlier than that during peak times). If that attraction is a priority, plan to get to DHS at RD. Same with Jedi Training at DHS.
Before 11am?? We were there last Aug/Sept and several days pulled FP's mid-afternoon. Not to try and downplay the TSM chaos...but during slower times it is definitely still possible to get FP's in the afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams4 View Post
Did someone say Super Abuser?

This is a set of (5) EE Fast Passes all for the same day waiting to be used.

Got there early in the morning and ran back and forth 5 times to get these for my party of (4).
More importantly...where were you eating? Looks yummy!!!
September 2005 ~ Coronado Springs *** February 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
May 2004 ~ Pop Century *** Dec. 2003 ~ Yacht Club
Jan. 2003 ~ Coronado Springs *** June 2002 ~ Off Site
Jan. 2002 ~ Off Site *** Aug. 2001 ~ All Star Movies
Jan. 1998 ~ Off Site *** Jan. 1995 ~ Off Site
#1DopeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #63
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1DopeyFan View Post
Before 11am?? We were there last Aug/Sept and several days pulled FP's mid-afternoon. Not to try and downplay the TSM chaos...but during slower times it is definitely still possible to get FP's in the afternoon.
All our October trips the past three years TSM FPs were gone by 11:30 or earlier, same was true on this past trip in late Jan/early Feb., FPs for TSM were gone at 11:45 a.m. and that was on a day with a crowd level of 4!

Oh, and we were proud FP Super Users:

And actually, this picture is missing the BTM FPs my fiance was running to get while I took this picture at the Lunching Pad.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #64
magicbob
Moratorium lifted on discussing the "line reservation system that shall not be named" now that it's been proven that it's more than just a handful of "haters" who have concerns with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1DopeyFan View Post
More importantly...where were you eating? Looks yummy!!!
That looks like Yak and Yeti to me.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #65
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob
And apparently you will only be able to get ONE FP for EE under FP+... not to mention that you will likely have to choose between EE or Kali or KS or Dinosaur. Ugh!
There's no point in getting furious just yet, since nothing in your post has been confirmed.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #66
magicbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
There's no point in getting furious just yet, since nothing in your post has been confirmed.
My choice of "smiley" might have been a little strong, but in my defense, I don't think I noticed the spontaneous combustion in the preview of it.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #67
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

As long as we're bragging... (This is my husband at Disneyland Resort, where admittedly it's a bit easier...but seven at one time was still pretty good.)

[IMG][/IMG]
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #68
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
Do people really Fastpass Kali???

Out of your list EE is the only ride we did Fastpass, and we road all but Kali this past December. Guess being an Early Bird will be even more important in the future.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #69
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams4 View Post
Did someone say Super Abuser?

This is a set of (5) EE Fast Passes all for the same day waiting to be used.

Got there early in the morning and ran back and forth 5 times to get these for my party of (4).
I don't usually comment on stuff like this so I'm not going to spend a lot of time except to say this. I can understand the sense of accomplishment that comes with having 5 sets of EE passes, however, does it not bother you at all that you had deprived 16 others from getting a FP for that ride, just so you could ride it over and over and over and over and over? The question is this. Even if you can, should you?
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #70
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
I don't usually comment on stuff like this so I'm not going to spend a lot of time except to say this. I can understand the sense of accomplishment that comes with having 5 sets of EE passes, however, does it not bother you at all that you had deprived 16 others from getting a FP for that ride, just so you could ride it over and over and over and over and over? The question is this. Even if you can, should you?
Unless they pushed someone out of the way to gather those FPs, I don't see that they deprived anyone of anything. As you can see from their avatar, this is obviously a favorite ride of theirs. You could do the same thing if you wanted.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #71
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
PP didn't deprive anyone of anything. Those 16 people who you claim were "deprived" had the same opportunity to be at the park during the same hours, pulling those same FPs. If those people chose to sleep in or spend their morning eating breakfast at Boma, then that's the choice they made. PP chose to be in the park early and only pulled the FPs they were allowed to under the FP rules.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Old 02-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #72
Shelton123
Ahh girly drama *runs away*
yeah yeah yeah I know I'm so damn original blah blah blah
A zipline? What do you mean a zipline? That's preposterous; I thought everyone knew that she flies!

Quote:
Those 16 people went and got fastpasses for other rides.

Shelton123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #73
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Unless they pushed someone out of the way to gather those FPs, I don't see that they deprived anyone of anything. As you can see from their avatar, this is obviously a favorite ride of theirs. You could do the same thing if you wanted.
Didn't say they couldn't, but if they didn't happen to be there right at that time, they are out of luck. 16 people could not ride via FP because one group took them. One shouldn't have to know everyone elses schedule in order to take advantage of it. If there is one thing that the limited information concerning FP+ I can support it is the rumor that one will be able to get one set of FP's for the ride and after that if they want to ride a gazillion times they would just have to go to Standby lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
PP didn't deprive anyone of anything. Those 16 people who you claim were "deprived" had the same opportunity to be at the park during the same hours, pulling those same FPs. If those people chose to sleep in or spend their morning eating breakfast at Boma, then that's the choice they made. PP chose to be in the park early and only pulled the FPs they were allowed to under the FP rules.
I knew that my response wasn't going to be appreciated because in today's society that is the prevailing attitude. Who cares how my actions affect others. That's their problem. I don't have to have any concern for them, it's about me, me, me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton123 View Post
Those 16 people went and got fastpasses for other rides.
And if it was Everest that they wanted, but to bad for them.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #74
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic

Didn't say they couldn't, but if they didn't happen to be there right at that time, they are out of luck. 16 people could not ride via FP because one group took them. One shouldn't have to know everyone elses schedule in order to take advantage of it.

I knew that my response wasn't going to be appreciated because in today's society that is the prevailing attitude. Who cares how my actions affect others. That's their problem. I don't have to have any concern for them, it's about me, me, me!

My view is if you want something, then go get it. This applies to theme park FPs and so much more.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #75
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic

Didn't say they couldn't, but if they didn't happen to be there right at that time, they are out of luck. 16 people could not ride via FP because one group took them. One shouldn't have to know everyone elses schedule in order to take advantage of it. If there is one thing that the limited information concerning FP+ I can support it is the rumor that one will be able to get one set of FP's for the ride and after that if they want to ride a gazillion times they would just have to go to Standby lines.

It's not my job or your job to worry about someone else's touring plan. If I get to MK at rope drop and I ride Space and grab a FP. Then my FP window opens at 10, should I look at the people who are walking up Main Street because they're just getting to the park and say "man, I should really hold off getting another FP so these poor saps have a better shot at riding?" It's not my job to worry about what rides the late arrivers want to ride any more than it's your job to judge or police the way I tour. As long as I play by Disney's rules, what does anyone care?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: