Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #16
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall08CP View Post
My friend has a Florida Resident Annual Pass and gets asked for ID every single time we go to the park. He once forgot his in the car at TTC and they made him go back and get it. I imagine any Florida resident tickets would be the same.
I have an AP and have never been asked for ID, other than when I bought it. Even the first time I use it, I just do a finger scan.

They really should require it, as there is, IMO, widespread fraud. I would be absolutely happy to show ID at every turnstile.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

deleted
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #18
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortForever View Post
I have an AP and have never been asked for ID, other than when I bought it. Even the first time I use it, I just do a finger scan.

They really should require it, as there is, IMO, widespread fraud. I would be absolutely happy to show ID at every turnstile.
They asked the two men in front of me at DHS for their Florida ID this past Friday.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #19
Random Ninja
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney

They asked the two men in front of me at DHS for their Florida ID this past Friday.
Glad I always bring my id. I've never been asked for one at the turnstile but they do ask for it when I renew and use my discounts.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

These are the official Florida Resident rules:

Quote:
Florida Resident tickets are only available to actual Florida Residents and cannot be purchased for out-of-state family or friends.

An adult Florida Resident may purchase Florida Resident media for more than one Florida Resident from any location that provides an exchange certificate and not an actual ticket.

Children under the age of 18 are not required to provide proof of Florida residency if they are accompanied by an adult with valid proof of Florida residency

If the Guest has an exchange certificate, a valid form of Florida ID will be required when the exchange certificate is redeemed for the actual pass

One ticket only per valid proof of Florida residence (a Florida resident may buy tickets for minors in the party)

Exchange Certificates may say:

"After sale..., may not be transferred except as a gift." This means that the certificate may be given as a gift, so long as the recipient meets the defined Florida residency criteria.

"Purchase and redemption of this exchange certificate requires proof of Florida Residency."

The following items are the only documents accepted as proof of Florida Residency:
* Valid Florida State Drivers License
* Valid Florida State issued ID Card with Florida Address
* Valid Military ID stationed at one of the Florida Military Bases listed below:
(List of bases removed as unneeded)
For Part-Year Residents the following original documents are acceptable.

Note that fax and photocopies are not acceptable, that bills and mail cannot be more than two months old, that PO Box addresses are not allowed, and items related to Time Shares are not permitted.
Quote:
Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:
* Monthly mortgage statement
* Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill or current utility bill (Power/Phone/Cable/Water).
* Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #21
DavidNYC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
Was this at a ticket window or at a turnstyle? Not sure how they can ask for a Florida ID at a turnstyle since part-year residents use an alternate form of proof-of-address when they get the ticket and may not have a Florida ID (or at least one that is standard wallet material).

Also - not sure the purpose of checking Florida ID at a turnstyle - you showed the ID when purchasing it and they have your finger scan. Not much possibility for fraud there.

Cheshire - any more specific info as to whether part-year residents need to keep a copy of a financial statement in their pocket every trip to a park?

(For the record, I've never been asked for ID entering a park other than when purchasing).
Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #22
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
I hope it is a trend. I dislike cheaters.

If I had to move all the way to FL to get my discount, everyone should have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Ninja View Post
Glad I always bring my id. I've never been asked for one at the turnstile but they do ask for it when I renew and use my discounts.
Same here. I always carry my ID just in case.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #23
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall08CP View Post
My friend has a Florida Resident Annual Pass and gets asked for ID every single time we go to the park. He once forgot his in the car at TTC and they made him go back and get it. I imagine any Florida resident tickets would be the same.
im not sure if i believe that.. ive never once been asked for an id other than when i first bought the pass
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #24
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNYC View Post
Was this at a ticket window or at a turnstyle? Not sure how they can ask for a Florida ID at a turnstyle since part-year residents use an alternate form of proof-of-address when they get the ticket and may not have a Florida ID (or at least one that is standard wallet material).

Also - not sure the purpose of checking Florida ID at a turnstyle - you showed the ID when purchasing it and they have your finger scan. Not much possibility for fraud there.

Cheshire - any more specific info as to whether part-year residents need to keep a copy of a financial statement in their pocket every trip to a park?

(For the record, I've never been asked for ID entering a park other than when purchasing).
Excellent point.

I guess if the fingerprint scan kicks it out, for whatever reason, people could be asked to show ID, but the names matching would be enough for part time residents.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #25
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall08CP
I am never asked for ID with my APs after I purchase them.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #26
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

1. All Annual Passes have the Guest name preprinted on them. Additionally, and of the Resident three or four day passes also have the name preprinted.

2. Normally the only time a Florida ID is required is when the tickets are purchased (or voucher or will-call or exchange certificate is converted to a live ticket).

3. On first use of any of these tickets, there is no need to show ID at the turnstile. When the ticket is first used the finger scan resultant will be stored in the Automated Ticketing System computer for comparison for future visits.

4. Normally the only time ID is subsequently asked for is if the finger scan result does not match, and then normally all that is needed is a photo ID where the name matches the one on the ticket (and the photo matches the user).

Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #27
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

If you need to have your AP reprinted for any reason (demagnetized, lost, forgot, etc.) you will need to show your ID at Guest Relations to do so.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #28
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
1. Additionally, and of the Resident three or four day passes also have the name preprinted.
Really??? why would a 3 or 4 day FL resident pass have a name on it? So I cant buy a 3 or 4 day ticket for friends that live in FL but far from the mouse and give them to them when they get in town? For that matter why dont they preprint any and all guests (FL or not) names on all tickets??
Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #29
castleri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDisneyKid View Post
Really??? why would a 3 or 4 day FL resident pass have a name on it? So I cant buy a 3 or 4 day ticket for friends that live in FL but far from the mouse and give them to them when they get in town? For that matter why dont they preprint any and all guests (FL or not) names on all tickets??
At one time they printed your picture on the ticket - can't remember if they also put the name on it.

names on tickets would be a good idea and maybe the new ticket media will include that.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #30
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDisneyKid View Post
You can, as long as you are a Florida Resident, purchase as many Resident vouchers (or will-call or certificates) as you want. However, each person 18 or older must present a photo ID which proves Florida Residency at the time a live ticket is issued. At this time demographic information (Name, date of birth, address and telephone number) is entered into the Automated Ticketing System
and when ATS prints the ticket it prints the name.

Disney is a private organization and they make the rules for entry into their parks. And these are part of their rules.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: