Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #16
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

just curious if you know what a bedbug looks like. if not did you google to find a pic? where on the bed did you find it?
not saying it wasn't one but it would be uncommon to only find one. the crew would have/should have checked the crevisis of the mattress. if there was one chances are there would be a lot more in that room. if it were truly a bedbug and your luggage was in the room then you brought them home. also, I would be surprised that they would allow you to stay in that room, bed bugs spread quickly and they would want to take care of proper cleaning right away, you don't sit on that. they would have for sure found you some place to stay.
just check the pics and make sure your positive it was a bedbug.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #17
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I would check online (see what bedbugs look like) because if it really was a bedbug like the CM said, I would be scared to bring anything into my house. Like a pp said, bedbugs don't travel solo -- but if you found one there could have been more hiding under the mattress.

I would not have been satisfied with DCL's response...

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Did you buy trip insurance? B/c if you weren't actually able to stay in the room you paid for maybe you can go through them for partial compensation.

You'll have a hard time proving it was a bed bug though, I'm sure.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
m&mfamily
Mouseketeer

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

My husband took a few pictures of the bug the first night. Unfortunately, they are blurry because the bug was moving around. I can post them on here, but not sure how.

We found the bug on the underside of the pillow.

I'm not sure how much they cleaned the bed other than changing the bed linens. We did not stay in the room while they were cleaning it up.

We were very concerned about them possibly being in our luggage. When we got home on Thursday we brought it in one suitcase at a time and washed the clothes as they came in the house. My husband took care of the luggage after they were empty. We've heard horror stories about people not being able to get them out of their house!
m&mfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
m&mfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Did you buy trip insurance? B/c if you weren't actually able to stay in the room you paid for maybe you can go through them for partial compensation.

You'll have a hard time proving it was a bed bug though, I'm sure.

No, we did not buy the insurance.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #21
m&mfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linetbo View Post
what room number was, I am treveling in march on the Dream.
The bugs were in 7534...we had 7534 and 7536.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #22
m&mfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
Trust me when I tell you this....there is nothing you can do.
Due to an error by a crew member, I fell onboard and broke three ribs. It was VERY well documented onboard. Xrays at the med center, talks with nearly every senior staff member except the Captain....onboard medical charges paid for, but assurances from everyone onboard that once I was home and contacted the name on the card that they gave me, someone shoreside, my cruise would be reimbursed, etc....HAH!!! The person I called shoreside basically said "Tough luck". It was my word against theirs, that it was a crew member's blatant mistake that caused me to fall.

Obviously I don't have the money to hire a bunch of attorneys to fight the slew of attorneys Disney has, so that was the end of it.

Do your best to let it go. It's been 2 and a half years, and I've obviously not forgotten, maybe never will, but I have cruised with Disney since then.
We sent an email to the guest services email address about our trip. We'll see what they say.

I'm sorry that happened to you and you were treated that way.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #23
Fielhol
Mouseketeer

Yikes!! That is scary. I hope they deal with that problem. I am sorry your vacation was not as relaxing as you had hoped. And they should have done something a bit more, I think.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #24
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mfamily View Post
The bugs were in 7534...we had 7534 and 7536.
When was your cruise?

linetbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #25
m&mfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
What cabin number where you?? I would not bring any of your luggage in your home. If there were one or two there were probably many more. YIKES Im freaking out!!!
We go on the Dream the end of April I really hope they fumigate the room and really all the rooms since they spread easliy.

I'd like to think it was an isolated incident and they have since taken care of it. Good luck and may your cruise be bug-free!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #26
m&mfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linetbo View Post
when was your cruise?

2/10-14
Old 02-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #27
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mfamily View Post
We sent an email to the guest services email address about our trip. We'll see what they say.

I'm sorry that happened to you and you were treated that way.
And I'm also sorry this is happening to you! I don't think my post sounded like I felt bad for you, but I do. I was just being realistic from my experience as to what you can expect. I really hope they DO find some way to compensate you, though.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #28
m&mfamily
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Melissa S;47547836]I stayed at a hotel (booked by my employer) for a business trip a few months ago. And several colleagues and I complained that the rooms had bugs in them (luckily not bed bugs- a native bug that stunk really, really bad). The attitude from the hotel after several complaints was tough luck. I am a clean freak but I have learned when you stay in a bed that is not yours (hotel, cruise, etc) you keep your fingers crossed and deal. Sorry this happened to you but unless you got bitten (and it was documented and confimed) or suffered medical trauma I don't think you are going to get anything from DCL.

Thankfully no medical trauma...just stress. lol.

I've sent guest services an email...we'll see what they say.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #29
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

If the crew confirmed the bug was a bedbug, why did you allow them to keep you in those rooms? I know you said that they would split you up, but I would have made the biggest stink possible. There were other rooms, I'm sure. A suite, anything. They just didn't want to do anything. If they didn't do anything, I would have started telling everyone I saw that the crew confirmed a bedbug was in my cabin and I would have persisted ALL.DAY.LONG.
This is not something to play around with. These things ruin people's lives and cost them thousands and thousands of dollars. I would not have accepted anything less then new rooms or a refund. Unacceptable.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(10) ~ Dd(8) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(2) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ SURPRISE little one born Aug. '13

MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #30
m&mfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
And I'm also sorry this is happening to you! I don't think my post sounded like I felt bad for you, but I do. I was just being realistic from my experience as to what you can expect. I really hope they DO find some way to compensate you, though.

I really appreciate your concern and feedback. We just didn't know if we were overreacting or had a right to pursue this further so that's why I asked on here. I almost felt a little guilty for posting this on here. Kinda like I was betraying a family member! lol We are DVC members, Florida residents and Disney passholders...we have been for about 15 years! Maybe that's why we feel so insulted?

We love everything Disney! (minus the bugs. )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: