Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
tinkerbell18
Earning My Ears

Does everyone who applies get to take the WBI?

Hi everyone! I just applied for the Disneyland College Program yesterday (Saturday) but never received a confirmation email or an email to take the WBI. My dashboard just says 'In Progress' for the status. Has this ever happened to anyone/is it possible to get rejected *before* the WBI? I was always under the impression everyone gets to take it but is that true? I only applied to Disneyland and put only the roles I really wanted (3 high interest, 1 medium, 2 low), but I applied two years ago too and only put 4 roles down and didn't have a problem. I checked that my email is correct on my account and it is, so I'm not sure why else I wouldn't have heard anything. Needless to say I'm freaking out a bit!

I can't contact Disney until Tuesday since it's a holiday weekend, so I was hoping someone here might have some insight (I've lurked around this board before & it's really helpful!) This is my last chance to do the program, so I'm really nervous I may have messed up somehow.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Last edited by tinkerbell18; 02-18-2013 at 01:06 AM.
tinkerbell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Well typically with any site if it says waiting for confirmation email it's waiting for you. Maybe try resubmitting it. Also, from what I've read (and I've done tons of that lately lol) you will always get notified if you are or aren't accepted. The WBI is the first step when it comes to getting admitted into the Prigram. The WBI is kinda like a way that Disney can just lessen the amount of applicants. From what I've read, you rarely want to use the "neutral" option, you always want to go to the extremes. So for example, if it says "Do you agree or disagree that you should make every experience the best?" You should do "Strongly Agree" not just agree.

I'm still learning, so I could be wrong.

Last edited by Cicero10; 02-18-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Cicero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell18 View Post
Hi everyone! I just applied for the Disneyland College Program yesterday (Saturday) but never received a confirmation email or an email to take the WBI. My dashboard just says 'In Progress' for the status. Has this ever happened to anyone/is it possible to get rejected *before* the WBI? I was always under the impression everyone gets to take it but is that true? I only applied to Disneyland and put only the roles I really wanted (3 high interest, 1 medium, 2 low), but I applied two years ago too and only put 4 roles down and didn't have a problem. I checked that my email is correct on my account and it is, so I'm not sure why else I wouldn't have heard anything. Needless to say I'm freaking out a bit!

I can't contact Disney until Tuesday since it's a holiday weekend, so I was hoping someone here might have some insight (I've lurked around this board before & it's really helpful!) This is my last chance to do the program, so I'm really nervous I may have messed up somehow.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Check your dashboard, underneath each role you can see all the communication that was sent for that role. After applying you should get a Thank you email. Then later a separate one will come for the WBI. It could be that the system is backlogged because of the number of people applying.

Or have you applied before? Some people who applied before and took the WBI and passed did not need to take it again because it had been less than 6 months.

If you are rejected your dashboard will read 'No Longer In Consideration" so until then you are good. Just wait a little while longer to get the email for the WBI and then call them.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
pipermae
Mouseketeer

Check your spam folder, too. That's where my first e-mail from them went.
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
tinkerbell18
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! I got an email today so I think their systems were just really backed up. So I was freaking out over nothing but that's ok now!
tinkerbell18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: