Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Cost of Taxi and where to find one from POR

We are staying at POR and have ADRs for Ohana and CM. Any estimate on the cost of a taxi to these 2 resorts. Also, do we need to call a taxi or are they "hanging out" in the area of our resort. Always stayed at monorail resorts before.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

You can go over to the Transportation board and there is a taxi calculator.

Taxis at POR are right out front of the main building; if you don't see one, ask guest services at the desk to the left of the front entrance and they will call for one and it will magically appear.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
shenaniganzz
DIS Veteran

We took several taxis when we stayed at POR and I seem to recall our trip to the Poly was around $20, including tip.

shenaniganzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
GATORinaZ28
DIS Dad#764

We needed a taxi on our last trip (to go to Walmart...ugh) the CM working the desk where the cars pulled up called a cab for us.

As for rates, I cant help on that. Sorry.

71-84 - Contemporary Resort with Grandparents || 01/94 - Off Site @ Disneyland || 06/07 - Contemporary Resort || 02/08 - Caribbean Beach Resort || 05/10 - All-Star Sports / Coronado Springs Resort || 12/10 - Offsite @ DisneyWorld || 11/11 - Port Orleans Riverside || 11/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter || 5/14 Rock Your Disney Side Party / Pop Century

Next trip: 12/14 - French Quarter
GATORinaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

We have taken taxis many times from POFQ rates have been between 8 and 15 dollars plus tip.

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
JeannieKY
Tink fan

We always take the bus to MK and then the monorail from POR. However, the couple of times we needed a taxi, they were waiting just outside and the CM called them for us. $20 from a hotel near DTD to POFQ one night.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
Epcotgal
Mouseketeer

The subject of taxis made me want to mention something that I haven't before on these forums. We have taken taxis MANY times over our 14 trips and the convenience far outweighed the cost. However, and I can't believe I was THIS stupid....my friend and I took our 20 yr. old daughters on a girls trip to WDW. We were staying at POR. We left Hollywood Studios one night and were dead tired. We started to walk to the busses, saw the Port Orleans pull away and decided to get a cab. We walked to that area and saw taxis parked and drivers standing outside their cars talking. We walked towards them and asked for a taxi and a man pointed to his car to get in. We did. I noticed as we got in there was no marking on the car. One inside he said nothing, and I noticed there was NO meter. And the taxis I had been in had info in them. I think we all realized we could have just done a STUPID thing. He didn't drop us at the front like the other taxis had, but had us show him which building we were in. I spoke up and LIED so he would not know that and we took off faster than rabbits to our room and bolted the door. Was he legit and in a back up car? Possibly. Was he not a "Disney approved" taxi and wanted the $$? Possibly. Could he have been a psycho? Possibly! Probably NOT but we learned we have become sooo trusting while at WDW we weren't using our heads.
Epcotgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: