Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Sophia the First

DD2 and I are currently watching this show. I have to admit, I am very happy that I have a two-year-old daughter to watch this with as I would feel really silly watching it on my own... but would still want to. I think Disney knocked this one out of the park. Anyone else seen the show with their children? What are your thoughts?

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Skip2MyLou
Mouseketeer

We watched the first 2 episodes, but DD did not get hooked. I really like it tho.

But she REALLY loves Doc McStuffins. Another one that Disney has done great on.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou View Post
We watched the first 2 episodes, but DD did not get hooked. I really like it tho.

Big Doc fans here, too. My daughter has a stuffed lamb who has now had her name officially changed to "Lamby". Sophia, Doc, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are all big favs.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

Old 02-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
DisneyJen0504
Married my Prince Charming. Mommy to Avery

My DD loves Sofia, I think the show is adorable. She is also a huge Doc fan! Love Disney Junior!
The Carsons Head to Disney World 2012
Girls Trip: Dancing in Walt Disney World 2009
DisneyJen0504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
TxAnn
Mouseketeer

My almost 6 yr old DD loves Sofia. We DVR the new episode every Friday. I really enjoy watching it with her too. She recently discovered the Sofia games online and those are a big hit too.
TxAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

I am going yo start watching anyway even though I just have cats
Old 02-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #7
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

We are eagerly waiting for this in the Uk! We had the longer preview type episode on before Christmas and it has just been repeated again this past Sunday, so I'm hoping that means that the proper series will be on soon!

I'm also keeping an eye on the Disney store website as the Uk one just says Sofia merchandise is coming soon, but I noticed the US site has some really cute things!

We are big Doc fans in this house too! I must confess that I'm sometimes heard humming the "I'm so lucky to have a Lammie like you" tune!

Claire

Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymadhouse View Post
We are eagerly waiting for this in the Uk! We had the longer preview type episode on before Christmas and it has just been repeated again this past Sunday, so I'm hoping that means that the proper series will be on soon!

I'm also keeping an eye on the Disney store website as the Uk one just says Sofia merchandise is coming soon, but I noticed the US site has some really cute things!

We are big Doc fans in this house too! I must confess that I'm sometimes heard humming the "I'm so lucky to have a Lammie like you" tune!

Claire
Big warning for you. I was at our local Disney Store on Saturday and I was looking at all of the cute Sophia stuff. The worker then told me that they weren't going to be carrying as much Sophia stuff because they have found that they can't keep up with the demand. They are going to cut down to less stuff and try to stock more of that, rather than have a huge assortment. I asked it if was going to be this way at all stores or just theirs and she said she believed it was going to be company-wide. So, get your Sophia stuff while you can!

Old 02-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
luvflorida
Free entertainment is everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
DD2 and I are currently watching this show. I have to admit, I am very happy that I have a two-year-old daughter to watch this with as I would feel really silly watching it on my own... but would still want to. I think Disney knocked this one out of the park. Anyone else seen the show with their children? What are your thoughts?
Yes, my granddaughter (just turned two) loves Sophia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou View Post
My granddaughter LOVES Doc McStuffins, too!

Quote:
Big warning for you. I was at our local Disney Store on Saturday and I was looking at all of the cute Sophia stuff. The worker then told me that they weren't going to be carrying as much Sophia stuff because they have found that they can't keep up with the demand. They are going to cut down to less stuff and try to stock more of that, rather than have a huge assortment. I asked it if was going to be this way at all stores or just theirs and she said she believed it was going to be company-wide. So, get your Sophia stuff while you can!
Thanks for the heads up on Sophia items!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
Maridw
DisneyMom to Disneylover0105
Love to Dance
Tinkerbell Fan

My DH & I DVR Phineas & Ferb, Handy Manny and Chuggington. We got hooked on them while my GDD was living here.

DD & GDD are back with us so it is a good excuse to watch Disney Junior. I thought Sofia is cute, but we don't watch that as much. We do like Doc McStuffins. GDD loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. In fact she is waiting for it to come on right now.
DL yearly 1969-78, Dec 99, Jul 04, Sept 06, Apr 07 FW 1972 SoG Nov 95, Jun 97, Jul 99, Nov 01 AS Sports Resort - Nov 2000; Apr & Nov 02; Mar & May 03; May & Oct 04, Apr 06 Coronado Springs Resort - Nov 03 Pop Century Mar/Apr, May, & Nov 05, Jan 06, Dec 11, Dec 12 Celebration World Resort Nov/Dec 09

It's A Girl - Natalie Grace! 4 years old now! Our dancing baby!

Maridw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 AM   #11
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the warning! I don't know if and when the merchandise will appear in the stores. The Doc stuff here is still only online at the moment so I suspect thats the way it will be for the first few months when the Sofia stuff comes out. The doc stuff sold out within hours of coming online in November, so Sofia may well be the same. I guess it depends how long the programme is on before the merchandise comes out - i.e how hooked the kids are on it!

Claire

Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
ellone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think they has a huge assortment of Sofia stuff. A dress, necklace, crown, one stuffed toy, the figurine set, the tshirts and PJs. What would the cut out?
ellone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #13
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellone View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think they has a huge assortment of Sofia stuff. A dress, necklace, crown, one stuffed toy, the figurine set, the tshirts and PJs. What would the cut out?
She said that she thought they would cut out all of the non-clothes and maybe only carry the pajamas.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #14
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Oh no, My grand daughter loves Sofia. She is waiting for her dress to come out.

Why would they do that and cut things out when there are so many people willing to spend the money on all they have to offer??

Ugh, employ more people to make them! Easy fix.

I just can't figure out the corporate world.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #15
ellone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She said that she thought they would cut out all of the non-clothes and maybe only carry the pajamas.
No toys? Maybe it's me, but that just doesn't make any sense.

And anyways, Disney Store online just added a new toy today - a Sofia singing doll.
ellone is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: