Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

Travel Show was OK. I was kind of amazed at the fact that 1/2 of the booths were for places that are local to us here. There was one person that had a Disneyland shirt on and looked like they booked that and other things. Lots on China and Asia. No one really specializing in parts of Europe all of them were more general travel agents, showcasing a certain spot on the planet but not many knowledgeable. I did find out Pleasant Holidays (they used to be Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays, the cheap packages to get to Hawaii??) now covers Fiji and a few other remote places now. They must have had 3 different booths spread out. Lots of brochures and bags to carry them all in! I am sure I will get swamped with all the slips of paper I filled in to try and win a trip here or there but maybe I will win something some day, right?
But the best was listening to Rick Steves about Italy and watching his slide show. It went through his "Best of Italy" tour his company does and boy can he talk fast! But you could understand everything he talked about. His one big piece of advice was buy tickets to the museums and such ahead of time and don't waste time standing in line. I like that he isn't so secretive about what he knows. He isn't in it for the money. He truly loves to travel and wants us to love it too. And not pay an arm and leg to get his words of wisdom. He did say that his Europe Through the Back Door was his biggest re-write. So I would say that if you have an older book, it might be a good time to buy another. He signed books after each of his 2 talks but the mobs there kept us away. I think I am even more excited to see Italy now!!!

MrsKP, the tastings are booked on board and we plan on attending a few of those if time allows. We have gone to 2 different martini tastings and they were well worth the $$! Yummy!!! The wine tasting might be interesting this time considering the areas we will be in this cruise.
I am a big volleyball fan and it is huge in Italy but we may be there in the wrong season for me to see a match, so I know how your daughter must be feeling about seeing soccer.
Any suggestions for London are welcome, too.
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: