Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
akayf
Mouseketeer

Looks like my family's November vacation is ruined

We have been planning on going in Nov 2013 for over 2 years. We wanted go go when our younger one was 2. I'm a teacher and we always get the first week off in November. We booked our 5 night stay a few weeks ago and just put down the 200 deposit. We purposely picked a Sunday-Friday stay since we knew the following weekend would be busy(there is a marathon on saturday, it's the last weekend of Food and Wine, plus it's Veterans' day weekend)

My school district's super just released the proposed school calender. They want to take away that week in November and give us the entire week of Thanksgiving. Yes we could just switch our vacation to thanksgiving...but isn't it going to be super crowded that week? And more expensive? Plus we would miss Food and Wine.

Our choices are limited because I'm a teacher and just can't take a week off of work. We can rebook for this July or August. However, we don't want to go when it's that hot and crowded with 2 little ones. DH and I did an August trip once and said never again. My kids could barely handle the heat and humidity at Hershey park in this past August....how would they survive August in Florida?!!? Plus, 180 window has been open for all of July and most of aug already and it's going to hard to get the ADRs I want. And the room type we want might not be available or might wind up costing more.

We can't go Christmas week since DH can't take off that week(and I do not want to face those crowds!). And then we face the same crowd issue in April 2014 for Easter.

I am just so so disappointed. We have been planning on going during fall break in 2013 for over 2 years. I hope the board does not approve this calender.

Me DH DS1 (5) DS2 (2)
akayf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: