Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #76
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Yes that makes sense. But I don't know many restaurants in the real world that have kids menus as big as the adult ones. Most of the time they are only 2 or 3 choices. Not sure why people would expect WDW to be different.

It would be nice, but it isn't realistic. As Disney doesn't do just smaller portions of the adult food, they would then be adding items to the menu and to the kitchen for little gain. Most kids go where their parents take them. They don't make money off of the kids menu like they do the adults, so there is very little incentive for any restaurant to have a large kids menu.
I can order my children anything in the restaurant at non-Disney restaurants so they have access to the kids menu plus the adults menu. This is not true of Disney restaurants when you're on the DDP. And they do encourage you to use the DDP.

Also, most restaurants in my neck of the woods offer many more choices than a typical Disney restaurant. McDonalds here has seven options for instance and that would be a pretty limited restaurant.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #77
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Op, its not that you started WWIII over kids menus. This is a very touchy subject here lol Either the menus are too fancy for kids or too junky.
I am glad you had a great trip!

Here's a tip for you for your next trip. We try to balance what our dd eats. For example, we have dinner adrs for each night and do cs for lunch. So if we know wherever we are going that night or dinner only has the less adventurous (I will put in nicely ) options then we try to have lunch at a cs where she can have something different. It takes a little researching before the trip but worth it. She doesn't have to eat the same meals for lunch and dinner!
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #78
starjazz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
Op, its not that you started WWIII over kids menus. This is a very touchy subject here lol Either the menus are too fancy for kids or too junky.
I am glad you had a great trip!

Here's a tip for you for your next trip. We try to balance what our dd eats. For example, we have dinner adrs for each night and do cs for lunch. So if we know wherever we are going that night or dinner only has the less adventurous (I will put in nicely ) options then we try to have lunch at a cs where she can have something different. It takes a little researching before the trip but worth it. She doesn't have to eat the same meals for lunch and dinner!

Thanks! Yeah, after getting good at trip planning for this last one, maximizing use of crowd calendars, and TP's, and use of FPs, etc., its going to be my goal for the next one to expand my knowledge to the arena of food and dining. As you said, there's lots to learn!
starjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #79
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starjazz View Post
I have to say that after a week with 10 of us in two cabins including 3 under 5 yo, I am thoroughly impressed by Disney. The customer service we experienced was second to none. They really do make it feel magical and we had an AWESOME trip.

My only three complaints were as follows from least important to most significant:

1. We found it tough to find much for kids other than chicken nuggets, and generally the food options werent very good. Maybe we needed to look harder.

2. What happened to Illuminations? I remembered this being a great show with tons of cool laser light effects and dancing lights on each country's building, projections on water sprays, etc. It was mot worth waiting for 9:30 to see in my opinion.

3. Worst off all...whats with the horrible poo water coming out of the tap down there? Blech!

Caveat=minor complaints on an overall fantastic time 2/5-2/12.
1. They have the peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches that my kids like. Some places allow them to have salad and in MK they can get chicken sandwiches, but I agree that the selections are limited. We usually pay OOP and share an adult dinner between us.

2. We still enjoy Illuminations. I'm not sure what has changed, but it is still a must do for us. We are usually exploring the showcase or having a late dinner anyways so don't remember having to wait very long.

3. It's the sulfer that occurs naturally in the water there. You get used to it. We usually bring the filter water bottles and ask for ice at the CS restaurants. That way we always have fresh water available.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: