Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
Conorama
Mouseketeer

Day 6 - At Sea

Well, you know the completely un-stellar way this day started the the whole laundry/FE delivery stress. Fortunately, it improved dramatically from there.

We had not yet tried a sit-down breakfast, so we elected to try Enchanted Garden, which was not a roaring success, largely due to a not-listening 4.5 year old (understandable, but not pleasant), and the fact it was basically just a buffet- I gather we might have had menu options at Royal Court? I was too tired to care, though, so I just ate, and made a bee-line for the rainforest room.

Rainforest room

I had my pass, and I had thought about using it earlier in the week, but I always ended up doing mysteries or something. At this point, I thought I deserved it after running all around the ship all morning, so today was the day. I was worried the place would be crowded on the last at-sea day, but nope!

Basically, you check in -you trade your KTTW for a fancy-dancy bracelet. There is a very nice change room with key-pad lockers (well - they're kind of too fancy to call lockers, but I don't know what else to call them), so you can lock up your stuff. You wrap yourself in a nice robe, grab a nice towel, (and in my case, my Kobo) and hop across the hall to the Rainforest room.

I didn't get any explanation, but I didn't really feel it was needed ... I could see the heated loungers, and I made a beeline there. I nabbed an end lounger and .... LOUNGED. (Well, I read my book, and snoozed, and it was good.) I did this for over an hour, which is an eternity back in my usual work-world.

Fear not! I was not a recliner hog - there were always 2 or 3 loungers free - in fact, by the end of my hour and a bit - I was the only one there. (Except for when I fell asleep, I paid attention, actually.)

At this point, I figured I was due for a change in scene - so I headed to the hot-tubs, also free. These tubs look out over the ocean, so it was amazing. I, well, lounged, for (ahem) more than the recommended time you're supposed to stay in there, but I felt grand.

After all that exertion, I needed to lounge on the loungers again, so I did.

Finally, at the 2.5 hour mark, I felt I was well and truly cooked. All FE silliness was but a distant memory. I floated off my recliner, and examined the showers.

So - I don't really get these - first, because I HATE cold showers with a passion - in fact, I hate everything except for verging on too hot showers. Fortunately, one of these fit the bill. I'm also mildly scent-sensitive, so the scents wafting about, while mild, didn't do anything for me. I abandoned shower (not ship), and headed to the sauna for my final baking.

I headed back to the change room for a lovely (hot) shower in a BIG SHOWER (yes, this was exciting), before getting myself geared up to head back into the real world.

They remind you that you can go back, but I felt I got my money's worth that morning - after 5 days of a whole lot of people, this introvert found this break with hardly anyone around totally amazing. There was also ... NO SCHEDULE.

The rest of the at-sea day until Palo

Meanwhile, back in man-land, they finished up breakfast and ... can you guess ... did another mystery. At this point, Dude knows most of the clues and keeps proving helpful (annoying?) tips to people who are only on their 2nd or 3rd caper.

I caught up with DH, who was lounging (good choice) on Deck 4, having engineered the mystery to end near the kid's club (no flies on DH most of the time). I joined DH in a lounger and we lattéd up - a necessary step for me, or I would have fallen back asleep again.

Eventually, we decided to lunch at Cabanas, so we extricated the boy and fed him. After lunch, DH needed a nap (his morning was far more strenuous than mine), so Conor and I ... DID ANOTHER MYSTERY. I set a personal goal to see how quickly we could do this one (heck, we were experts at this point) - I think it was less than 1 hour beginning to end - motivated in no small part on Conor's side by the promise of ice cream. (Please send the parent of the year awards to my home address...)

We woke up DH, and headed to Deck 11 for some swim time. I found I was (amazingly) lounged out, so I decided to head back to the room to pre-pack. I had a productive 90 minutes or so (well, OK, I had a productive 30 minutes, and then it seemed my Kobo needed to be read on the balcony for an hour).

Turns out, Conor was in the Mickey pool the whole time - playing with other kids, and watching the parts of the movies he could stand on the big screen. (This amounted to about 50% of any given Disney movie.)

Here he is, very carefully jumping in the pool - it was kid-soup, but not, as DH said, the kid-soup chowder .. more like kid-soup broth-based soup - less thick.

We reeled the fish in, and got him dried off and warmed up with the usual cuddles - best part of vacation.

He was also very excited to be getting room service for supper that night, in anticipation of his parents abandoning him to hit up Palo. Hey - whatever makes you happy, bud!

So, yes, next up - Palo.

Last edited by Conorama; 02-24-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Conorama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: