Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
LAS321
When you wish upon a star...

Question Disney Visa Card

What is the advantage, if any, for having a Disney Visa Card?
I see it advertised all the time and when I booked my trip last year the CM asked me if I had one....I never thought at the time to ask why.
Are there any special offers or discounts you get if you use your Disney Visa Card?
1983 ~ Polynesian, 1986 ~ Hotel Plaza, 1988,1991,1993 off-site, 1995,1997~Doubletree, Hotel Plaza, 2000, 2003, 2005 All-Star Movies, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~Caribbean Beach Resort Port Orleans Riverside 2008,2009, 2010 July 2014~ CSR and POR!!
LAS321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Granfan
DIS Veteran

A Disney Package trip charged on the Disney Visa Card is interest free for 6 months.
Granfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

You can also get a free picture with the characters in Epcot, every day... It also gives points based on purchases, which you can then redeem them for Disney purchases. This last part is at least on the credit card (not sure on the debit cards)
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Disney Visa holders are also often told about sales promotions before the general public. Or, I should say, are able to book before the general public. I find out about Disney Visa offers on here before I find out from them, usually.
That, and the 6 mo. interest free, and the points earned has been nice for our family.
There are also occasional offers for discounts at disneyshopping.com or in Disney World for shopping or activities.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
PJHuntleyCO
DIS Veteran

Any update on if Disney Visa will release a Summer or Free Dining Discount?

We have the Disney Visa Debit card and haven't seen anything yet. But being hopeful, I am checking if anyone has heard if they will be releasing a discount for Summer or maybe even the free dining?

Me DH DS 21 DD 19 and DS 8
PJHuntleyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
Kat016
DIS Veteran

The Disney Visa card gives decent perks. For every $100 you put on the card you get a "Disney Dollar". The Disney dollars can be redeemed on a gift card. If you spend $50 or more at a Disney store or any store in the parks you get a 10% discount. You get a character meet and greet at Epcot that only Disney Visa card holders are entitled to and you get 6 months interest free when booking a trip.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #7
Evansvillegirl26
Mouseketeer

Do you have to pay a annual fee ??
Evansvillegirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #8
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansvillegirl26 View Post
Nope
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #9
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansvillegirl26 View Post
It depends on the type of card you get. The regular Disney Visa has no annual fee and earns 1% in rewards on all purchases. The Premier Disney Visa has a $49 annual fee, but earns 2% on gas, grocery, restaurant, and Disney (vacations, Disney Store, etc.) purchases. It earns 1% on all other purchases. Also, the Premier card was just upgraded with Visa Signature benefits (not sure if all of them have been upgraded or just for those who qualify). We just recevied a new card in the mail with the signature benefits, so I don't know much about those perks yet.

The Disney debit card does not earn any rewards, but it does qualify you for the free EPCOT photo and other discounts. More information on both of the credit cards can be found at www.disneyrewards.com
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #10
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

I have the Disney Visa and love the 1% cash back and it sure does add up. I use it for most anything I can from paying my cable bill to fuel.

I know you asked about visa but I will say to maximize the benefits of credit card rewards is to have multiple cards from differnt banks and learn how they all work.

Discover has less cash back than visa they do a quarterly special at 5% which you sign up for. And if you do lots of that kind of thing it adds up. Also they have vendors which you have to link from Discover which can get you as much as 20%. So if you are buying from a vendor thats on Discovers site and get rewarded for it.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #11
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

I should say that credit cards are only good if you have the discipline to not carry a balance on them. (sorry for the soapbox there)

We have the Disney VISA and everyone has mentioned the perks of it already but I will say that as the times have changed with banking the Disney VISA Credit Card still retains perks for no fee. Most any other card that gives any sort of perk like airline miles, reward points, etc carry a fee and are limited in their use. We have our recurring bills attached to our card (TV, Internet, Netflix, etc) and pay it every month and get a few dollars put into our Disney Dollars account each month. When we went to Disney World last year we had enough Disney Dollars to pay for our PP+ and the full BBB package for DD2. We're going this August and should have enough to cover PP+ again. That's essentially free money.

A point to note about the 10% discount: If you have your Disney CC or Debit Card tied to your KTTW/MagicBand the discount doesn't apply unless you swipe the physical card itself. So remember that if you are the parks and want to purchase something.

Also, if you are credit adverse (many are and it's a good thing) you can get the Disney Debit Visa and it will still give the discount but not the Disney Dollars.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
whatisgoofy?
Mouseketeer

Throughout the year, there are special offers to entice people to sign up for the card. We recently signed up because they were offering a $200 Disney gift card if you charge $500 within the first three months. These offers are available to new cardholders only, and you have to have a code to qualify for the promotion (it will be in the mailing you get for the card). Since they don't always offer the promotions (and the promotional benefits are a one-time only deal), don't call to apply unless you have an offer you're happy with.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
mcjingles
Mouseketeer

When booking a Disney trip on ur ccard do you use a Disney Visa service to set up the trip?
mcjingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #14
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjingles View Post
When booking a Disney trip on ur ccard do you use a Disney Visa service to set up the trip?
You call the regular Disney reservation booking line, not Chase or Disney Visa directly. Is that what you are asking?
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #15
mcjingles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

You call the regular Disney reservation booking line, not Chase or Disney Visa directly. Is that what you are asking?
Yes thx
mcjingles is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: