Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
aimhi
luvin' my ears

Weight Watchers

Ok I've been to Disney a lot but never while I have been on weight watchers. I'm doing great on the plan and I would hate to go off it for even a day. So, has anyone figured out how to do the points while enjoying a dinning plan? I'm afraid I will have to eat fruit and veggies all week because I know they are zero points??? Help anyone

:
aimhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
tekoa
DIS Veteran

You may get some responses if you posted your question on the W.I.S.H.
board. I am also interested in the answers. Thanks!
tekoa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
aimhi
luvin' my ears

Thank you will check it out

:
aimhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
dbrn
Mouseketeer

Also, check the WW website - they have an article about dining at Disney, maybe that will be helpful.
dbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
christianweecare
DIS Veteran

I have been on the WW Lifestyle for over a year now and have lost 75 lbs. so far. Have another 15 to go. I don't stress about counting points while on vacation at WDW. We spent a week at WDW this past Dec. and I came back 3 lbs. up. I jumped back on the plan as soon as returning home and the weight came right back off within a week. Go and enjoy. Don't stress! It's vacation!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

I always pulled up similar things at similar restaurants and used that for point values. I also always wore a pedometer and tracked my steps and points. I planned my week out and ate to my plan. Disney makes it easy with ADRs and posting their menus. There was only once I ever went over my plan - so after 8.5 hours in the MK, I got my fanny down to the exercise room and used the elliptical for an hour as hard and fast as I could. I was a bit obsessive in those days.

Seriously, though. You can track - you won't always know exactly the points every day of your life. You just have to learn to guestimate and go with the flow. If you go over - get back on the wagon the second you get back.

Even with not tracking these days and pigging out at Boma at least once a trip, I usually still come back a tiny bit smaller than I went - all that walking will do it!
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimhi View Post
Ok I've been to Disney a lot but never while I have been on weight watchers. I'm doing great on the plan and I would hate to go off it for even a day. So, has anyone figured out how to do the points while enjoying a dinning plan? I'm afraid I will have to eat fruit and veggies all week because I know they are zero points??? Help anyone
I'm not specifically on WW, but I'll offer my plans and experience.

I've spent the last 17 months overhauling my diet. That's led me to dump 63 lbs as of yesterday morning. I'm still not used to seeing myself in the mirror this way

We've got a WDW trip upcoming this summer, and I've already made the decision that I'm not going to obsess about my weight for that week. I'm going to be a bit extra cautious in the months before the trip, continue to lose, but give myself the "cushion" (poor word choice maybe) of enjoying some good Disney meals - especially since I'll be walking miles every day for a week.

I've learned that, as much as anything, controlling weight and diet is less about systems and points than it is making smart choices, allowing myself the occasional "splurge," then getting back to normal discipline when I'm back in the "real world."

So, my offering is that if you've had success with whatever you're doing, great, stick with it, allow yourself some splurges, then go right back to your discipline when you return. A Disney vacation is, for most, about a week in your life, so there's the ability on either side of that week to prepare in advance/or undo the damage that week might inflict, if that makes sense.

Hope you have a great trip. And good luck with the continued weight loss.
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

It would take some planning, but definitely do-able!

I dropped the points (for the week) but focused on making good choices, only eating when I was hungry, and not going overboard on the Disney treats. Do that, and with a combination of all the walking, you might not see a significant loss, but you shouldn't see a gain either.

Also - stay away from the refillable mugs! We went one year and even with all the walking, I had so many cokes that it counteracted and I ended up gaining. I had much better luck this year with just asking for water from every vendor (and I was pregnant, but still didn't gain).

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

I tried my best to follow Simply Filling while I was down there in October. Now, I still had my fair share of "treats", I was there for F&W after all...but with just watching what I ate (mostly CS meals) and all the walking, I lost 3lbs. I was so nervous leading up to my vacation I was stressing myself out, it was much easier to stay on plan than I thought it would be.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: