Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #331
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Replied to wrong thread. <duh>
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #332
sam9008
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonersky View Post
I don't think there is a pre-registration period. The word from last year is that it won't likely sell out as fast as Disneyland. And I don't know about relays for sure, but it doesn't mention it on the website and they removed the relay last year so I would say it doesn't look good.
Thanks so much! So excited - I just want to make sure everyone in my party and I can register. Can you register many people at once or do you have to register one at a time (risking that some will be locked out of registering)?
sam9008 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #333
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

How quickly does the race usually sell out?

First attempt at a PTR!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1850788
The "HOW DID I PULL THIS ONE OUT OF MY HAT?" Trip Report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27349670
cjhinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #334
rebapple
Mouseketeer

Booked my flight! Delta dropped it about $100 this morning. Now to register and book a room!
rebapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #335
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhinch View Post
How quickly does the race usually sell out?
Last year was July. The year before, August.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #336
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam9008

Thanks so much! So excited - I just want to make sure everyone in my party and I can register. Can you register many people at once or do you have to register one at a time (risking that some will be locked out of registering)?
I don't know- I'm hoping I can register two of us together for two races, but I haven't done it before so I really can't say.

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #337
sillylily
DIS Veteran

I had a setback on my current training, blargh! I got a virus about three weeks ago, and it hung around for a long, LONG time. I wasn't able to run through any of it, because I was just that sick. Yesterday was my first run after starting back, and it felt like I had never run a step before. I was pouring sweat and puffing after about 15 minutes. It wouldn't be such a major deal, but I'm scheduled to do a mud run next weekend, and a color run the week after that. I guess I'm going to be pouding some serious pavement every day this week.

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #338
Snelldog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylily
I had a setback on my current training, blargh! I got a virus about three weeks ago, and it hung around for a long, LONG time. I wasn't able to run through any of it, because I was just that sick. Yesterday was my first run after starting back, and it felt like I had never run a step before. I was pouring sweat and puffing after about 15 minutes. It wouldn't be such a major deal, but I'm scheduled to do a mud run next weekend, and a color run the week after that. I guess I'm going to be pouding some serious pavement every day this week.
Just stay the course! Your body will catch back up and remember what it's like! You'll be back to normal in no time! Good luck!
Snelldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #339
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Thanks, snelldog! I'm hoping it catches up quickly, because the first two weeks of beginner's running totally suck!lol

Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #340
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam9008 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonersky View Post
I don't know- I'm hoping I can register two of us together for two races, but I haven't done it before so I really can't say.
Unless you all have Active.com id/log ins, then you will probably need to register each person separately. You should have the option to pay for them all together though.

I cannot fathom a decent reason why/how there would be over 15K entrants registering on the first day. You may not have until July, but it won't fill up like the Dumbo Double Dare or Disneyland Half did.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #341
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylily View Post
Thanks, snelldog! I'm hoping it catches up quickly, because the first two weeks of beginner's running totally suck!lol
Hahahaha!

I agree! I stopped running in August due to personal reasons & now I just started re-training. I'm like.. 'dang, I hate this!'

But my body did remember more quickly than I thought it would after a 6 month break. Still have a long way to go to 'catch' up but it's not as bad as it was when I FIRST started running last year. Course we are talking about still being in the 'first 2 mile' stage. I still have 11.1 more to go! Ha!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #342
rebapple
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever stayed off property? Is there's hotel off property that is helpful for transportation?
rebapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #343
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Hahahaha!

I agree! I stopped running in August due to personal reasons & now I just started re-training. I'm like.. 'dang, I hate this!'

But my body did remember more quickly than I thought it would after a 6 month break. Still have a long way to go to 'catch' up but it's not as bad as it was when I FIRST started running last year. Course we are talking about still being in the 'first 2 mile' stage. I still have 11.1 more to go! Ha!
See, I think getting past that first two is the worst. I'll probably make sure i keep going, because if I have to start over entirely I'd be toss my hands up and say forget it! That was by far the most frustrating part of running to me. Incremental increases after that just seemed to be so much easier.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #344
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylily View Post
See, I think getting past that first two is the worst. I'll probably make sure i keep going, because if I have to start over entirely I'd be toss my hands up and say forget it! That was by far the most frustrating part of running to me. Incremental increases after that just seemed to be so much easier.
In training I would agree that the first two miles suck the most.

During the race, I despise the last two the most. I know I should savor the moments and enjoy the surroundings, but I just want to be done. That's my mental hurdle.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #345
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
In training I would agree that the first two miles suck the most.

During the race, I despise the last two the most. I know I should savor the moments and enjoy the surroundings, but I just want to be done. That's my mental hurdle.
Agreed! Last year, by the time we hit the front of DHS and got to that little sidewalk between there and Epcot, I was so aggravated by the lack of space to be able to really run, that I just wanted to be done! But when we came around the side of Soarin'(?) and saw my family cheering me on, I was able to ride that high to to the finish line.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: