Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
rebeccalb10
Mouseketeer

Places with electric outlets?

We always seem to find a need to charge phones or cameras. Where are the best spots you've found available outlets at the parks?
rebeccalb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
ThroughLookingGlass
“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Definitely plug everything in before you go to bed so it charges all night and is good to go at least for a few hours the next day, ask at restaurants and counter service places. They'll let you just hang out in a counter service restaurant if you need a place to just relax for a moment. My battery always gets eaten up by taking pictures!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
rhanson77
Earning My Ears

Outlet

I found a great place in Innoventions in Epcot. You can sit and plug your phone in while eating. My kids can go play in the building while I sit there charging the phone.
rhanson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

The Land! Right near Soarin'!

There are outlets and a sitting area right outside the restroom beside Soarin' in The Land at Epcot... and Innoventions also has a sitting area with them! I actually brought an older model of my phone to take pictures with and then I didn't KILL the battery because it wasn't running all the time with APPS! I changed the SD card at night in the room and posted pics to FB or did it while waiting for our seats at a restaurant!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Here is a blog post with a list of all the places to charge devices

http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/02...ingdom-part-2/

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:39 AM   #6
Pandora5
Earning My Ears

Just a thought - We both have Galaxy IIIs and the batteries usually last all day even using Waze, and the internet all day long. On our trip to Universal Studios over Christmas holiday we made sure to charge both phone over night and checked they were full before we left for the park the first morning. Without changing a single setting, BOTH phone were down to 25% in less than 2 hours at the park. I was furious because I really love taking pictures, and it was our first time to see Hogwarts - I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I'm still holding out for my Hogwarts letter!!. Anywho, I was talking with my mom later that evening and she thought it was probably searching for a signal that drained the battery. Sure enough, the next day we left the phone in Airplane mode except for a few times we wanted to make a call or check the wait times with Undercover Tourists and our batteries lasted ALL day long only reaching about 75% by the time we left at close.

I know this isn't an option for some because they need to be reachable but it does help to be mindful and turn it off when you really don't need it.
Pandora5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Cruzmom
Mouseketeer

Buy an external Battery pack

We take and external charger in our back pack you can charge anything with a USB cord. It was $70 but was used the entire week and disney and every other trip I have taken since then. I use it in the fall a lot when our schedules are hectic with sports for the kids and I never seem to get everything charged up when it should be.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
FlipHipster
Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts

Turn of Wifi and GPS

It really helps if you can turn off the Wifi and GPS when you aren't using them. The Wifi radio will continue to look for and connect to wifi networks if you leave it on. That is a big battery killer. I always turn mine off unless I am deliberately on Wifi. On our last trip I tried using the Disney mobile app and I found that if I left the GPS on even when not using the app, it sucked my battery dry in about an hour. Turn it off and the battery would last all day. It's a pain to keep turning it on and off to use the app though. The external chargers are a great option if you need the power, but you have to make sure to charge the charger.....

I always wonder how we used to get by before technology made it so "easy" hahaha
FlipHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:47 AM   #9
Dragoness
Earning My Ears

solar charger

I bought hubby a solar charger for Christmas. No idea how well it works yet. We planned to use it on top of the stroller as we needed too. we have since decided to go without a stroller. I will have to figure out another option. As for my cell phone. I only use it to keep in touch with my older kids. hubby bought me a Tiny 16MGP camera for Christmas also. It is small enough to keep on a lanyard. I will probaby keep it hooked onto my crossbody bag though. The camera might use the charger.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Columbia Harbor House on the second floor there are many outlets by the tables along the windows.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
RadGirl
i was lurking, but i'm afraid my glow gave me away..

I just bought 2 back up chargers in Amazon for $1.73 each. They don't have the greatest rating but my coworker has one and he says it works just fine. The name is Stitchway Ultrapower 1900 mAH and the price on them changes quite frequently so do not get if higher than $5 bucks.
Also, energizer makes a back up battery charger that uses AA. Target has it on sale for $16.

: me : dh :dd :dd
RadGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: