Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #631
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

can't wait for the next one!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #632
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

My goodness, I got so very far behind. After having to cancel our Fantasy cruise in May....hubs got deployed I was depressed and had a hard time reading TR's but I'm better now and am glad I started again. You guys have so much fun...I love it!
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #633
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Do not know how I missed the last update !!Those steaks and all the food look delish!!Can't wait to try them in May!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #634
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
So glad you found MY boyfriend.
I only had a chance to click a couple of pictures as we walked by on our last cruise. We didn't have time to stop and it never worked out later to go find him again.
I have yet to get to the adult area, but I hope to remedy that someday!
I hear the food is better over there too.
Sorry- I think he said "Jen who?" when we saw him, but probably he didn't want me to share that with you. OOPS. No doubt he was insulted you didn't seek his "treasure" out the last time you were there (he's sensitive that way.....).

DEFINITELY better food- not all dried out, steaks to order. YUM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Serenity looks much nicer than when we were there in uhh crud 2008..has it been that long? Wow depressing LOL. Glad you found the Captain though.. I mean the one that KJ brought.. not the dirty looking guy you took pics wih LMAO
You went to Serenity Bay? Where did the boys go?
And HEY! Don't insult our scurvy man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Yay you are back! I see (via FB) you have recently gone on another trip too! I hope it was wonderful!

Glad that rain stopped and that you found your man! That's a pretty good Jack too. Serenity Bay looks amazing... Hopefully I can get on a girls trip this year again and it will include Castaway Cay!
I would love to go on another DCL with girlfriends- it was awesome! That ship is GREAT for adults, and it cracks me up that people think it's a ship all about kids- it's a ship and a cruiseline for ALL- everyone gets to have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
can't wait for the next one!
Me too!!!!!! We're almost there!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #635
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
My goodness, I got so very far behind. After having to cancel our Fantasy cruise in May....hubs got deployed I was depressed and had a hard time reading TR's but I'm better now and am glad I started again. You guys have so much fun...I love it!
Oh Baby- I am so sorry you were depressed! I hope you are more adjusted now. How is the baby? How long is your DH's deployment? Are you able to Skype with him?

and yes, we do know how to have fun- thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Do not know how I missed the last update !!Those steaks and all the food look delish!!Can't wait to try them in May!!
It's great on CC- you will love it, I'm sure! So excited for you, Rosie!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #636
podsnel

Back to Serenity Bay....

Kara and I went for a swim while Joanie & Cammie sunned themselves....

Swaggering down the beach was a certain pirate who we have come to admire...this time, he was looking for US!

Notice how he has his arm around me- clearly, we felt a very strong connection, an uncommon bond....I asked Jack if the other wench could get in the pic, too, and he politely agreed. You are WELCOME, Miss Kara!

After a bit, we decided to go check out the waterslides, since we had spent so much of the day relaxing on the quiet SB beach instead. Cammie was not interested, I think she went back to the ship. Joan fount a seat on the beach while Kara and I got our slide on.

No pic, I think Joan may have taken one, though. I went down the dark one, and WOW! That slide shoots you out like a canonball! So much fun! We then did a little shopping, and I purchased the BEST hoodie- it's white, light, and it has a Mickey head for a glittery sun on the back...I'll try to take a pic, I love it, and I always get compliments on it. For now I'll show you some pretty flowers instead-

Of course, the 3 of us HAD to stop for a pic here-

Unfortunately, no matter how slowly we walked, the ship kept getting closer. DAMN!

Wait! I forgot a shell, I have to go back!

Guess not.

Well, fine. If we can't go any farther, we can't- rules are rules!

UGH. We were rulebreakers as usual, and kept going.

I am VERY happy that my upcoming cruise with Timmy for 4 nights is a different itinerary- so for the first DCL cruise ever for me, we will be going to CC and it will NOT be on the last day- we get a sea day after CC, which just will make it sooo much easier, don't you think? There is always this HORRIBLE sense of dread when you leave CC on the final full cruise day- it's over, and you know it's over. The best day of all, but also so bittersweet.

Ok- I actually have to upload the rest of my pics- I have NO idea what happened next unless I look at them- do you?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #637
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Ellen - I agree - I hate having CC day being the last day. You have to end that wonderful day by going back and packing!

The 8-night out of NYC was great. After CC we still had our WDW day and then 2 more at-sea days.

KristiMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #638
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Ellen - I agree - I hate having CC day being the last day. You have to end that wonderful day by going back and packing!

The 8-night out of NYC was great. After CC we still had our WDW day and then 2 more at-sea days.
That is GREAT!! I am still disappointed they are not coming back to NYC in 2014- even if I am looking forward to trying NCL Breakaway. I keep thinking that we won't cruise anymore after Tyler turns 18 (or at least not with him), but maybe that 5 night might work to Canada if they ever come back- I am noticing that on the Dream Navigators (that are more recent) there are lots more meets and activities for 18-21 than I ever noticed before. Maybe they have stepped it up? I hope so-
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #639
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Great update! LOVE Castaway Cay!

Cheryl726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #640
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of you me and Joan!!!! We are such the 3 MOUSEketeers!!!! And look how we color coordinated our swim cover ups!!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #641
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I am soo excited for May !!!!! Can't wait to get the details hopefully pretty soon !! I mean it;s only 78 days away !!!But who's countung !!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #642
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

[QUOTE=podsnel;47542356][COLOR="Purple"]

You went to Serenity Bay? Where did the boys go?
And HEY! Don't insult our scurvy man!

When we cruise we had a Double dip at Castaway. So our 1st day/stop there we spent it as a family. On our 2nd stop we went to serenity while they went to their clubs on the island. We didnt stay long as we wanted to spend the rest of the time with them since it was the last day also.

I would love to go on another DCL with girlfriends- it was awesome! That ship is GREAT for adults, and it cracks me up that people think it's a ship all about kids- it's a ship and a cruiseline for ALL- everyone gets to have fun!
right!! people look at me crazy when I say i would cruise on it without the boys.. yet they look at me crazy when I say im going to wdw or dland without them too. I get the why would you go to a kids place by yourself.. HELLOOOOO its where I can relaxe and enjoy being a kid at heart! lol (along with riding whatever rides I want without some whining kids lol and a few beverages to boot!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Back to Serenity Bay....

Of course, the 3 of us HAD to stop for a pic here-

Love the cordanating sun gear lol

I am VERY happy that my upcoming cruise with Timmy for 4 nights is a different itinerary- so for the first DCL cruise ever for me, we will be going to CC and it will NOT be on the last day- we get a sea day after CC, which just will make it sooo much easier, don't you think? There is always this HORRIBLE sense of dread when you leave CC on the final full cruise day- it's over, and you know it's over. The best day of all, but also so bittersweet.
i think having a sea day on your last day is THE best. no having to rush after a port stop to pack. Just pack a lil in the morning pack some at lunch then finish it up before dinner. lol

Ok- I actually have to upload the rest of my pics- I have NO idea what happened next unless I look at them- do you?
DITTO need to take some ginko baloba im horrible at remembering things

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of you me and Joan!!!! We are such the 3 MOUSEketeers!!!! And look how we color coordinated our swim cover ups!!!!!
lol good minds thats what I said! lol
Old 02-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #643
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Me too! and I think I DID take a picture of you two coming out of the water slide. If I can only remember how to use PhotoBucket..... Need some gingko myselfm, Drea!

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

WannaBeADisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #644
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I just checked out the color coordination and it is amazing !!!But where are the ITSK pix
[/B][/URL]
[
Old 02-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #645
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

No pic, I think Joan may have taken one, though. I went down the dark one, and WOW! That slide shoots you out like a canonball! So much fun!

I did, I did....
Before:

Ellen... or rather, Ellen's FEET
and Kara Jean sedately sliding down, waving to her fans ...

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

WannaBeADisMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: