Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #16
packedforadventure
Earning My Ears

Yes! It's worth it to run around the park in a costume and get great pictures with the characters. I went twice in my early thirties, both times with adult friends/ no kids and we loved it. It's fun to see the park all decorated and the characters in costume, along with the other park guests in costumes. I felt like it was less about going on rides, than get great photo ops.

http://www.*****************************
packedforadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #17
Goofy'sPal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by packedforadventure View Post
Yes! It's worth it to run around the park in a costume and get great pictures with the characters. I went twice in my early thirties, both times with adult friends/ no kids and we loved it. It's fun to see the park all decorated and the characters in costume, along with the other park guests in costumes. I felt like it was less about going on rides, than get great photo ops.

http://www.*****************************
Thank you for letting me know
Goofy'sPal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 12:49 AM   #18
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Do you have to be dressed up to trick or treat, and is it only for kids?
keltiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #19
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltiesmom
All party participants of any age can go to all the Treat stations. Dressing up is not necessary but it sure is fun!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #20
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso

All party participants of any age can go to all the Treat stations. Dressing up is not necessary but it sure is fun!
Thanks! My DH isn't much for dressing up, but I asked him to consider it.
keltiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #21
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADnNOLA View Post
Go!

I am 45 and went solo this year to MNSSHP and loved it! I dressed up and wandered the park taking pictures and having my pictures taken. I did not participate in the trick or treating (I didn't get a bag at entry and regretted it). I was able to ride anything I wanted - no lines. The parade and fireworks were GREAT. The fireworks are different from the nightly fireworks show.

I will definitely go again should I get the chance!

[IMG][/IMG]
Great Costume!

We have gone several times to MNSSHP all adults/no kids. We wear costumes because we want to and we trick or treat. It's fun to feel like a little kid for one night! Much more fun than the Christmas party, IMO.

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #22
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

I can tell you I have been solo to WDW several times and had a blast.
I'm over 40. I'll be there solo for my birthday in 39 days woot!

If you love Halloween for sure GO!
The 7 Dwarves come out for Halloween and Christmas.
Definately don't stand behind them unless you are tall. LOL

I promised DS 17 that we would go for Halloween this year, as we both love halloween and dressing up.
We are trying to come up with ideas for our costumes...I have no clue.
I want to dress up in costumes that not everyone is wearing.

Me DS 18

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #23
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Don't forget the Headless Horseman. Where else are you going to see one of those? I went solo last year and had a great time. The fireworks and parade were worth it alone. Add in short wait times and it's an easy decision.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #24
EpcotPixie
Earning My Ears

I say go for MNSSHP. I went as part of my 30th Birthday trip this past September and I had a great time. I got my picture taken with a bunch of the characters and met Maleficent. So worth the extra expense if you are counting your pennies.

1985: Offsite
1996: Wilderness Lodge
2005: Offsite
2008: Grand Floridian
2011: Bay Lake Towers
2012: Bay Lake Towers
September 2012 - Mine & Epcot Birthday Trip
2014: In the works
EpcotPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #25
Goofy'sPal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltiesmom View Post
Had some of the same questions but doesnt seem like u need to dress up to trick or treat which is nice. Also seems to be for any age witch is nice.
Goofy'sPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #26
Terk-1
Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,302.5 miles from the Magic Kingdom!

Talking October

Have been to WDW a few times in the Fall solo and it's great. The weather in October/Early November is nice and the parks were not too crowded (MK more on the weekends with locals). Another plus going in October is the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT. This is FANTASTIC!!!! Lots of different kinds of food to try and it just has a fun atmosphere to it. Plus there is the Eat to the Beat concerts. I really enjoyed this and found myself spending alot more time wandering around World Showcase and trying new foods.

I went solo the last 2 times in October/Early November and did MNSSHP and had fun. The first time I did the party twice in one visit, which was a bit much. When I went in 2011, I did the party once and that was plenty. I was not into the trick or treat that much, as there was other things to see & do. The Villians Dance Party is a hoot to watch and the Hallowishes fireworks are awsome!! Oh, and there is the Headless Horseman that starts the parade, which is also a great thing to watch. They always do 2 parades and the 2nd one is less crowded. I did find the lines for the characters to be ridiculously long and found myself wasting too much time waiting, so I gave up on doing those. Most of the characters you will find in the parks normally anyway. The Haunted Mansion is not to be missed, as there is a special Ghost Host that sits outside and talks to you. I did not dress up, but still had a great time.
80,82,85,88,90,93,94, 96 - ASMu, 97-98 - DxL, 99 - POFQ & BC, 00 - WL & POFQ, 01 - ASMo, 02 - Poly, 03 - CBR & WL, 04 -Pop, 05 - GC @ DL, 06 - POFQ, 07 - San Diego, 08 - San Diego (twice), 09 - Sports, 11 - Port Orleans French Quarter, 12 - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons
October 2013 - First Disney Cruise!!!! Western Caribbean on the Wonder
November-December 2013 - Art of Animation & Pop Century

November-December 2014 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy!!

Pictures & Video from November 2011 Trip! More to upload.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wdwfan6
Terk-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #27
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

We're in our 20s with no kids and go every year to the party.It is a blast! Lighter crowds, amazing parade, and special fireworks. Plus, you get to see the characters in their costumes! And the decorations are awesome.

Go, dress up, get some candy, and enjoy it!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #28
Iloveeliot
DIS Veteran

DH and I went to MNSSHP without any kids and it was our favorite thing we did there. I believe the 7 dwarves are usually there but you do have to line up before the party starts to meet them because there is a long line. We stood on line before the party started and still had to wait about 45 minutes but we felt it was worth it. I had dressed up as Snow White and DH as the Prince so it was a really cool picture! We love the parade, fireworks, and villain show plus we got to meet many characters and take our picture with Cinderella's coach. Thwere are also some special magic shots you can get by the haunted mansion. If you buy the photopass CD the shots should be included on it. I say October definitely. We went the last week and the crowds were fairly light and the temperature was comfortable. Plus it will be the food and wine festival if you go over to Epcot!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #29
disney212
DIS Veteran

DH and I love October. F&W and MNSSHP. DH wasn't keen on dressing up so I convinced him to do something he felt ok wearing. We went dressed as 50's teenagers. DH wore his jeans with white socks and black shoes (rolled the jeans up a bit), a white tshirt and a fake leather (very thin) jacket. Once we got there he said he was glad he dressed up. We did do the trick or treating and by our observation about 50% of the folks in the candy lines were sans kids. This year we are going back and taking our kids (24 and 25). DH is really into it now, he bought a costume the day after Halloween last fall at a great discount! I have created a MONSTER!
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #30
ILGoofy
Mouseketeer

I did MNSSHP for the first time last year and I was with friends. I'm doing it this year solo. I think it's definitely worth it and nobody would notice you're alone because there's too much other stuff to look at. I'm still up in the air about dressing up. The parade and fireworks alone are worth it, I think.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: