Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #2716
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
Just went to closing on our BWV resale! So excited to book our first trip "home"
Congrats and welcome home.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #2717
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Congrats and welcome home.
Thank you!!!

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #2718
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Thank you!!!
We also bought a BWV resale in the last few years. We also own at BLT. It is nice to be so close to the parks, and the Boardwalk is so much fun at night.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #2719
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Just went to closing on our BWV resale! So excited to book our first trip "home"
Enjoy and happy DVC planning!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #2720
barefootMom
Mouseketeer

Hi,
I have just booked Boardwalk Inn standard room for a week in April for my family. We have never stayed there before and I keep second guessing if I made the right choice. We want to try Epcot area and have stayed at the Yacht Club before but my husband wanted to try something different and thinks our girls (8 and 11) will like the Boardwalk. I am trying to keep money down a little which is why I booked standard room but now keep reading about horrible views and endless corridors. Will I hate a standard view or are there some areas that are ok? Should I put in some sort of request? Are any of them near the main pool? I wish I could just stay CL and yet that is quite a jump in price....
Can anyone help me not be nervous about my choice? thanks!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #2721
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootMom View Post
Hi,
I have just booked Boardwalk Inn standard room for a week in April for my family. We have never stayed there before and I keep second guessing if I made the right choice. We want to try Epcot area and have stayed at the Yacht Club before but my husband wanted to try something different and thinks our girls (8 and 11) will like the Boardwalk. I am trying to keep money down a little which is why I booked standard room but now keep reading about horrible views and endless corridors. Will I hate a standard view or are there some areas that are ok? Should I put in some sort of request? Are any of them near the main pool? I wish I could just stay CL and yet that is quite a jump in price....
Can anyone help me not be nervous about my choice? thanks!
Welcome and congratulations on booking. Don't worry about the corridors as any room category could potentially be a bit of a walk to an elevator. I don't find it to be an issue at all, but I suppose everyone has their own definition of what is "far away."

The Standard Views are almost the same as the CL views, with the exception of having the possibility of a Crescent Lake view and no possibility of a parking lot view when staying CL. You still have the possibility of getting a garden or pool view with your SV booking, just as you would booking CL. Some of the garden views on upper floors have a view of Illuminations. If you're concerned about a parking lot view, make sure you have your view request noted in your reservation. As a compromise, you could even book a Water View, pay much less than CL, but you would have a guaranteed BWV, which unless you book a Deluxe (CL) room, you wouldn't have with a CL booking.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #2722
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

I made the switch from 2 nights CL to 3 standard so we can stay a little longer

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Old 02-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #2723
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
I made the switch from 2 nights CL to 3 standard so we can stay a little longer
More nights (and days) is GREAT!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #2724
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

Thanks to sfbank, pl4bby and owl0306 for helping with my deluxe room questions. It was mentioned that the deluxe rooms are located over the Flying Fish. Based on the following photo, could you please explain where they are? Also, is the CL lounge balcony visible in this photo?
(I tend to be a lil, okay, well... A LOT obsessive.)

1971 WDW opening year
several visits to DL as a wee one
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Nov 2011 WL CL - DD Sweet 16

NEXT TRIP JUN 2013 BW CL - 2nd DDs SWEET 16
Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #2725
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4minnies View Post
Thanks to sfbank, pl4bby and owl0306 for helping with my deluxe room questions. It was mentioned that the deluxe rooms are located over the Flying Fish. Based on the following photo, could you please explain where they are? Also, is the CL lounge balcony visible in this photo?
I meant to ask specifically about the 4th floor deluxe rooms, like 4257. And if the 3rd floor deluxe rooms are visible that would be great too.

1971 WDW opening year
several visits to DL as a wee one
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Nov 2011 WL CL - DD Sweet 16

NEXT TRIP JUN 2013 BW CL - 2nd DDs SWEET 16
Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #2726
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4minnies View Post

The Deluxe rooms aren't over Flying Fish, but some of them are in that photo! Over Seashore Sweets, the first set of balconies (that look connected, they have a divider) are the third floor Deluxes, and the top ones (standlone) are the fourth floor Deluxes. The same setup over the Boardwalk Bakery are the other set of Deluxes in the same format. I don't remember the room number, but we were in the middle room 4th floor over Seashore, and we were right outside the door that led to the club area. We really liked that room.

The club lounge itself does not face the boardwalk, it faces an interior courtyard, so you wouldn't see it in any BW pic.
Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #2727
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
The Deluxe rooms aren't over Flying Fish, but some of them are in that photo! Over Seashore Sweets, the first set of balconies (that look connected, they have a divider) are the third floor Deluxes, and the top ones (standlone) are the fourth floor Deluxes. The same setup over the Boardwalk Bakery are the other set of Deluxes in the same format. I don't remember the room number, but we were in the middle room 4th floor over Seashore, and we were right outside the door that led to the club area. We really liked that room.

The club lounge itself does not face the boardwalk, it faces an interior courtyard, so you wouldn't see it in any BW pic.
Enjoy!
We were in the top left room above Seashore and we were the first room INSIDE the door. We loved that location too Probably one of the best rooms/views we've had at any WDW resort!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #2728
WDWKOOK

Just adding on to what psac posted about the lounge balcony facing toward the courtyard... Here is the view straight out from the CL balcony and at night you can watch Illuminations:

LOOKING TO THE RIGHT ARE THE GARDEN SUITES:

TO THE LEFT:

Regarding the photo that momof4minnies posted, we were in the room directly above and to the right of the Flying Fish sign last spring break. While it is a STD CL room, it has an extra large balcony and extra window facing the Flying Fish sign, but it is outside the Innkeeper's Club door in a little alcove. Here are some photos:

Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #2729
northeast33
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
You have to go through the park, which means you have to have park hoppers
Thanks!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #2730
vtwep
DIS Veteran

Hi,

did a search and didn't find it - sorry if it's in here and I missed it. Does the shop at Boardwalk Inn sell liquor (to bring back to the room) - or do one of the shops on the Boardwalk itself? We may skip a rental car for the first time, and I am trying to cover all my bases before we make the decision (Magical Express, Garden Grocer, etc).

Previous Trips:
Early '80s - not much recollection!
1992 - Offsite Stay
Mar 1995 - Offsite Stay
Nov 2007 - Yacht Club / Water View Room 3047
Dec 2008 - Grand Floridian / MK View, Sago Cay Room 5440
Dec 2009 - Polynesian / MK View, Tahiti Room 3021
Oct 2010 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 1, Room 627
Nov 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 4, EPCOT view
Nov 2013 - Boardwalk Inn / Boardwalk View Room 3241
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread